30 Day Shred - June!

Options

Replies

• Kelly043
    Kelly043 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've only begun Level 1 - did 2 days so far, and I must say, I am not looking forward to Level 2 with all the comments about the Plank position! Oh well, gotta do it anyway if I want the results so many of you are getting. Hoping to push through, and hoping a nagging shoulder/arm injury won't be a problem. Keep up the great work!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The superman position on level 3 makes my HRM freak out O.o but only sometimes... so odd!
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You ladies are getting me pumped up! I'm going to order this for the days I can't make it to my stroller strides group. By the way, my cousin lost 60 pounds doing this last year and she is now enrolled in a personal trainer program in college so she can help others. Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy your results ladies!
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 5 done! I missed Saturdays workout and was upset about it, then yesterday I got dressed in my workout gear... Put the shred on and boom! Power goes out! Wtf! Oh well today I did it!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of Level 1, and I must say, I am proud of my thighs for not complaining as loudly as yesterday! lol...
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall so to speak. I did Day 2 of Level 2 and it still seems fairly easy. The only part I don't care for is the double jump rope part. My calves hate that. I love the walking push-ups. They're a lot of fun.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

I am back at it today. I twisted my ankle last week, then had a bunch of friends and family in town over the weekend so I am starting level 2 over (I had completed 2 days of Level 2 last week). Hope everyone is doing good!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Just started level 2 today....some hard moves in here!

What weights are people using? When I lift in the gym I have no bother with heavy amounts but my 3kg dumbells are killing my shoulders this with the repitition!
  • krbates84
    krbates84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 tonight! Cannot wait to end this level...thinking about upping my weights to 5lbs (I know, I'm a wuss). The walking pushups are much easier now.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Level 2 Day 8 tonight! Cannot wait to end this level...thinking about upping my weights to 5lbs (I know, I'm a wuss). The walking pushups are much easier now.

I found the walking push ups ok, it was the Y raises that had me in pain!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    1st day of level 3 done, it was hard but more enjoyable than level 2 and seemed to go quicker! My abs and arms are feeling the burn!!
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did level 2, day 1 last night. I wanted to watch everyone's progress since most are ahead of me.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Level 2 day 2~ I think I did a little better today. I was very sweaty if that means anything;). Still stink at the planks but I'm at least trying. I also think I did better because I can feel it in my core more than I did on day 1.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options

I just got 5 lb weights at the thrift store;) I was using 2 lb. I'm using the 5 lbs for most but a couple times I had to put them down and get the 2 lb weights;) I think as long as we're trying and making progress right? :)
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 last night... feeling a bit sore this morning! The tops of my feet are sore from the jumping!! haha

Day 2 is tomorrow night and then Day 3 on Saturday.
  • babybill2006
    Options
    Is anyone else having major knee soreness? I'm positive it's the lunges that are doing me in. My knees are killing me!
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    ...I honestly forgot what Day I'm on LOL! But I started Level 2 about 3 weeks or so ago ( I do it 2-3 times a week)..Jillian definitely was NOT lying about the stamina and endurance you get after doing it. I have definitely been doing 30 Day Shred since the end of April and have seen a BIG difference in not only my stamina but overall muscle tone in my body as well as a few pounds lost. A friend of mine told me I have Michelle Obama arms now, lol. I can even see my 6-pack forming! Not really worried about loosing a lot of weight (just 5-10 pounds and to work on what I eat), but my main concern was toning up much more and maintaining what I have. I use 5 pound weights with her routine..Can be a little challenging at times but I love it. Has anyone else tried any other Jillian series? I'm curious about the other ones she has. Which ones are the best compared to 30 Day Shred?
  • towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    ^^oh and the PLANKS?!! OMG! sometimes I have to start speakin tongues to get through it at times lmao..the oblique planks at the very end make me wanna cuss her out
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Is anyone else having major knee soreness? I'm positive it's the lunges that are doing me in. My knees are killing me!

I'm not, but I had heard a lot of people on here complain about knee soreness. I already had knee issues, so I talked to my PT and she suggested doing squats instead of the side lunges and just doing the very minor movement with the static ones. So far I have been doing well. No knee soreness, but then I'm only on level 1!
  • Kellylovesricky
    Kellylovesricky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 6 done! Over half way through this level! I'm excited for the shred to end and ripped in 30 to start. I was thinking about trying to follow the eating plan as well. At least 5 days a week. We will see I guess!