Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Um sure she has curves but a thin person or a fat person can have curves, that's just the body shape. She is definitely well above average and to be completely honest, yes she IS fat. But she makes awesome music, why should it matter to us, it's her choice.
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    I don't know why people feel the need to use the word 'obese'. She's not for a start. She has extra weight. There's a (not so fine) line between overweight and obese.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how everyone throws around labels like "fat" so easily. Medically, she might be healthier at a lower weight, but I think God gave her the body that she has so that people wouldn't base their opinions of her music on how she looks. Also, genetics come in to play. She could just be big boned. For all we know, she could be healthier than us. Weight doesn't usually give the whole story. Bottom line, Adele is not fat. She has a body that is not skinny. "Average" is one word I cannot stand. There is no damn "average" weight. Everybody is different in many, many ways. Therefore Adele is not "above average" either. She is herself, and she is beautiful and confident and that's all that matters. I highly doubt that Adele would give a **** that some guy in a MFP forum just called her fat. Instead of that, we should be talking about how much we respect her. She weighs the same or less than the majority of North America so I don't see why people feel like they can single her out with the "fat" label just because she's famous. If your mother was the same size as Adele, would you say, "yeah, she's confident, beautiful and talented but she's FAT, so...."? No.Well, that's the end of my rant. Adele is not "fat". She's a human and she probably looks a lot like most of you.

You do realize there is no such thing as "big boned"? It's just a nice way of saying "fat".

I disagree, this is why they make 7" bracelets and 7.5" inch bracelets (bigger wrist bones) or could be fat on the wrists as well, but there could be a thin person with a 6.5" bracelet on the wrist and another 7.5" who are both thin. Ankles and feet, hands, etc. My feet are size 10, I consider those big boned feet lol. I do not have fat feet, wide feet or thick feet though.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    031912_adele_600120319121954120319123816.jpeg

She has definitely lost weight. I feel like when she says she doesn't care she is putting up a front.

Love her music though.

^^^ I agree. She does care I think. I don't believe when she says she doesn't care...
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    Adele is my favorite singer! I think if she wasn't famous and just a regular person walking fown the street and someone asked..."do I think she is fat?" My answer would be "no, just a little curvy" but because she is soooo famous the extra weight more scrutinized.

I agree. I mean with her figure now. Anyway that wouldn't be something that comes to mind, I don't look at people and go "oh my gosh that woman is fat, that woman is too thin, that woman is just right, that woman over there is curvy". lol I would hope I'm not that shallow.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    I think it's funny how everyone throws around labels like "fat" so easily. Medically, she might be healthier at a lower weight, but I think God gave her the body that she has so that people wouldn't base their opinions of her music on how she looks. Also, genetics come in to play. She could just be big boned. For all we know, she could be healthier than us. Weight doesn't usually give the whole story. Bottom line, Adele is not fat. She has a body that is not skinny. "Average" is one word I cannot stand. There is no damn "average" weight. Everybody is different in many, many ways. Therefore Adele is not "above average" either. She is herself, and she is beautiful and confident and that's all that matters. I highly doubt that Adele would give a **** that some guy in a MFP forum just called her fat. Instead of that, we should be talking about how much we respect her. She weighs the same or less than the majority of North America so I don't see why people feel like they can single her out with the "fat" label just because she's famous. If your mother was the same size as Adele, would you say, "yeah, she's confident, beautiful and talented but she's FAT, so...."? No.Well, that's the end of my rant. Adele is not "fat". She's a human and she probably looks a lot like most of you.

Love this ; )
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options

You do realize there is no such thing as "big boned"? It's just a nice way of saying "fat".

I disagree, this is why they make 7" bracelets and 7.5" inch bracelets (bigger wrist bones) or could be fat on the wrists as well, but there could be a thin person with a 6.5" bracelet on the wrist and another 7.5" who are both thin. Ankles and feet, hands, etc. My feet are size 10, I consider those big boned feet lol. I do not have fat feet, wide feet or thick feet though.

exactly my thoughts as well.

apparently having a well defined waist line makes you really fat. the logic of some ppl............like seriously, u can be curvy and full figured without actually being fat..... :S yes i'm taking it personally....i know i got a ways to go...but i've got a full figure and i don't see myself as fat anymore...yes overweight....but not fat.....and i damn well know i have curves...its called genetics not overeating....(or undereating in some people's cases)
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fat Fat Fat...Adele is fat..I am fat...most people are on here because they are fat or lost fat or never want to be fat..it's an f word...but we gotta use it!

Just.. .. wow... :ohwell:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You people all really need to think about why another person's status of fatness is such a big deal to you, enough of a big deal to make this thread last so long and go on for so many pages.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

She has definitely lost weight. I feel like when she says she doesn't care she is putting up a front.

Love her music though.

^^^ I agree. She does care I think. I don't believe when she says she doesn't care...

Agreed. All I have ever seen her wear is black, which is THE most slimming color anyone could wear. I don't believe her because if she didn't care, she'd wear something other than clean A line cuts, which are flattering to any shape and dress in something other than black dresses. If she didn't care, why would she have looked the way she did at this year's Grammy's?
  • Funsoaps
    Options

exactly my thoughts as well.

apparently having a well defined waist line makes you really fat. the logic of some ppl............like seriously, u can be curvy and full figured without actually being fat..... :S yes i'm taking it personally....i know i got a ways to go...but i've got a full figure and i don't see myself as fat anymore...yes overweight....but not fat.....and i damn well know i have curves...its called genetics not overeating....(or undereating in some people's cases)

When I am my thin, athletic self, I am curvy and I can't do anything about it, it's there. I always noticed that other girls in school were skinny and I tried to cover up my curves, I did think they were some sort of deficit back then. Lol, but now I realize that I should've embraced it kind of like JLo does, Beyonce, etc.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You people all really need to think about why another person's status of fatness is such a big deal to you, enough of a big deal to make this thread last so long and go on for so many pages.

Because, mostly...we're bored...and even more importantly...we can.

On top of that...it's not your place to tell us what we need to think.

Feeling a little pressure?...I think so.

Sucks, doesn't it?
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Love her music though.

Agreed. All I have ever seen her wear is black, which is THE most slimming color anyone could wear. I don't believe her because if she didn't care, she'd wear something other than clean A line cuts, which are flattering to any shape and dress in something other than black dresses. If she didn't care, why would she have looked the way she did at this year's Grammy's?

ummmm because that's what she likes to wear??

You know who else pretty much always wears black? Angelina Jolie.... must be hiding her fat.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

Sucks, doesn't it?

It's not your place to tell me my place.
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    I've read that currently she is 165lbs and 5'9. If that's true then isn't she borderline normal weight to overweight? Either way, I don't really care lol. She has lost weight, and I congratulate her on her new, healthier self!
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    ..........and so are most of the people on this site...so what............:laugh: ..isnt it all meant to be about support and encouragement not derision...
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Adele has actually lost alot of weight. I hate the word FAT also. Although before I think she was bordering on obese due to her height etc, but now she's only slightly overweight, I think she looks great and the curves work for her.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Love her music though.

ummmm because that's what she likes to wear??

You know who else pretty much always wears black? Angelina Jolie.... must be hiding her fat.

True - but I've seen Angelina wear colors. To date, I've never seen Adele wear any colors. I haven't Googled but maybe I will.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Sucks, doesn't it?

It's not your place to tell me my place.

Deal with it.
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    I am so tired of women throwing around terms like big boned and curvy to justify their own laziness. People aren't supposed to weigh this much. It doesn't matter what this whole big girls are beautiful campaign is telling you. If you are overweight you are doing something wrong. Thats why we are on this site; to correct the poor behavior and choices we have been making. Everyones goal should always be to be as healthy as their body will allow them. Some people may have larger frames but does this excuse the 20%+ bodyfat on them? NO it doesnt. Its not natural, its not beautiful, and its not ok to teach our children this.