Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    And in a bar fight you want the size 8 me on your side..not the size 2 me that had no muscles!

Trust me, in a bar fight with me it would be over. I have plenty of muscles and I probably lift more than most size 8's :wink:

Umm....may I attend?

LOL so much retracting my original statement
    Then it's settled. We will go to a bar and start a fight. This is how lifelong friendships are formed.

Ok, you two KNOW you aren't doing this without me right?
    You do know we aren't fighting each other? And there is no oil or jello.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    And in a bar fight you want the size 8 me on your side..not the size 2 me that had no muscles!

Trust me, in a bar fight with me it would be over. I have plenty of muscles and I probably lift more than most size 8's :wink:

Umm....may I attend?

Then it's settled. We will go to a bar and start a fight. This is how lifelong friendships are formed.

Yes, I prefer whipped cream or soap suds anyway
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Umm....may I attend?

DEFINITELY!! I love you both too much to let you fight. I just want to watch the *kitten* whoopin ensue, and keep any guys out of it.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
  • crisanderson27
    Options

That pictures been shown...and yes, still overweight.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree with sleepytexan. She's beautiful and talented, and confident in her weight, but yes, she is fat. A size 14-16 is quite big, any bigger is obese and a health risk according to a lot of people in the health field.

Why does it bother you that guys say that? Are you bigger than her or the same size, and therefore get offended by their comments? I know I'd be hurt if they said that about someone roughly my size and pretended like it shouldn't offend me... :/

:indifferent: i am a size 14 and i haven't been in 9 yrs. :tongue:
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    Personally it does annoy me that its even discussed, however I would way rather people call her fat than make completely unfounded assumptions about her 'health'. Hiding fat-hating behind fake concern about someone's health is one of my pet peeves. Body weight is a pretty poor indicator of health and there are many other characteristics and/or behavious that affect someones health which people ignore.

Yes, huge assumptions. And I think that curves look better than smaller sizes, all the men I know LOVE LOVE LOVE Christina Hendricks to the tenth power and they don't want her to lose a pound. Why can't a woman be curvy, love herself, workout and be healthy. Size 2 isn't necessarily healthy. I don't know I'm just sayin'...

Did you see the rack on her though? Most men know that when you lose weight you loose boob too.

Also, I look quite healthy at my size and weight. A very healthy and curvy view from behind as well, just sayin'....
    not completly true. my boobs do not get smaller when i lose weight. they stay the same size and in turn look bigger actually. sometimes they do get bigger
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Personally it does annoy me that its even discussed, however I would way rather people call her fat than make completely unfounded assumptions about her 'health'. Hiding fat-hating behind fake concern about someone's health is one of my pet peeves. Body weight is a pretty poor indicator of health and there are many other characteristics and/or behavious that affect someones health which people ignore.

Yes, huge assumptions. And I think that curves look better than smaller sizes, all the men I know LOVE LOVE LOVE Christina Hendricks to the tenth power and they don't want her to lose a pound. Why can't a woman be curvy, love herself, workout and be healthy. Size 2 isn't necessarily healthy. I don't know I'm just sayin'...

Did you see the rack on her though? Most men know that when you lose weight you loose boob too.

Also, I look quite healthy at my size and weight. A very healthy and curvy view from behind as well, just sayin'....
    not completly true. my boobs do not get smaller when i lose weight. they stay the same size and in turn look bigger actually. sometimes they do get bigger

Not to offend but if you were down to 130lbs your boobs will be the same size as they are at 200lbs? Mine have shrunk significantly, sadly.
  • DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    Options
    Adele is amazing-Is she overweight? Yes I guess she is...She is beautiful and Sexy!! Same goes for Wynonna!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes. Adele is chunky. Yes she has lost weight since becoming famous. I think she is beautiful! I hate that people complain about fat celebrities in general. Every-one should not be a size 0. As long as your healthy and happy with your body, who am I to tell you different.
  • Megdmcda
    Options

Not to offend but if you were down to 130lbs your boobs will be the same size as they are at 200lbs? Mine have shrunk significantly, sadly.
    hee hee well to be honest idk.....but i have genetically big boobs. not just from being over weight. but i've never lost that much weight..........but all the times i have lost weight about 15 lbs or so they seem to have gotten bigger...i.e. falling out of the bra cup. now when i get down to my goal weight of 140-148 i don't know if they will or not. may a cup size cuz i was a 38 dd last time i was at 150. now i'm a 38ddd.....so i guess i'll find out. lol
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    whoa! this is the first time I've realized adele is overweight. I don't really pay attention to music videos or anything visual about music stars to I usually have only seen adele's face. in all the shots of her they usually make her face the center of attention and somehow it usually appears thin. and, looking at pics, when she does have a full body shot she's almost always wearing dark clothes. the magic of photo touching! she looks at least 2 sizes thinner in her cosmo cover. that was definitely edited!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Adele is amazing-Is she overweight? Yes I guess she is...She is beautiful and Sexy!! Same goes for Wynonna!

Wynona....I'll pass. I'd take her over Adele though. Ashley however...
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Yes. Adele is chunky. Yes she has lost weight since because famous. I think she is beautiful! I hate that people complain about fat celebrities in general. Every-one should not be a size 0. As long as your healthy and happy with your body, who am I to tell you different.

No one said she should be a size 0, hater. No one should also be at the other end of the spectrum and be obese either.
  • Megdmcda
    Options

Wynona....I'll pass. I'd take her over Adele though. Ashley however...

lmao
  • gonnabethinandfit
    gonnabethinandfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how everyone throws around labels like "fat" so easily. Medically, she might be healthier at a lower weight, but I think God gave her the body that she has so that people wouldn't base their opinions of her music on how she looks. Also, genetics come in to play. She could just be big boned. For all we know, she could be healthier than us. Weight doesn't usually give the whole story. Bottom line, Adele is not fat. She has a body that is not skinny. "Average" is one word I cannot stand. There is no damn "average" weight. Everybody is different in many, many ways. Therefore Adele is not "above average" either. She is herself, and she is beautiful and confident and that's all that matters. I highly doubt that Adele would give a **** that some guy in a MFP forum just called her fat. Instead of that, we should be talking about how much we respect her. She weighs the same or less than the majority of North America so I don't see why people feel like they can single her out with the "fat" label just because she's famous. If your mother was the same size as Adele, would you say, "yeah, she's confident, beautiful and talented but she's FAT, so...."? No.Well, that's the end of my rant. Adele is not "fat". She's a human and she probably looks a lot like most of you.
  • isweatglitter
    isweatglitter Posts: 134
    Options
    The only fat thing about Adele is her paycheck
  • victoria4321
    Options
    The only fat thing about Adele is her paycheck

touché!
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

But i think, UK size 8 / US size 4 is average.
    UK size 12 / US size 8 is fat.
    And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

But not trying to troll, just my honest opinion.
    This is delusional. I am a size US 8 and usually in a group I am smaller than average. According to this scale pretty much everyone outside of Hollywood and a few high school girls are fat or worse.

They said in their opinion. I sort of agree with this opinion in terms of what looks attractive and appealing. I do think a size 4 (what a current day size 4 is so that's around a 27'' waist and 37'' hips) looks most attractive on women. Its not too big and its not too small. I'm saying this for average height as well which is around 5'4-5'5
    And as I said, my opinion is that this is delusional. I am definitely not fat and as I said everywhere I go I am usually one of the smallest people. The average woman in the US is a size 12-14. That's average. Granted the population is getting larger in general but to say that basically 99% of women are fat is crazy talk.

No one said you were fat, relax. Of course in a group you'll be smaller than average because on average, 2/3 of that group will be overweight or obese. In a group I look smaller than average too. I'm not skinny or anything either its just that a lot of people happen to be overweight. Keep in mind that I'm also 5'3. I'm not sure how tall you are but I'm pretty short so I'd look overweight at a bigger size.
    Actually someone did say size 8 was fat. And they are entitled to their opinion. But telling a community of people that have members struggling with weight that average is fat is ****ty IMO. I have enough self esteem that honestly you can call me anything and I will still wake up tomorrow knowing that I'm awesome.

I am the poster of the first quote, and i thought i should just mention some things.
    Firstly size doesnt account for attractiveness. I see alot of large woman much more attractive than these size 0 models.
    However when i see bits of fat, or fatty areas on a human body, i see it as fat. And therefore persieve the human as being fat.
    I would also like to mention that i am larger than these sizes, and when i look in the mirror i see a fat person.
    Being big you can still look rocking hot, but you are still big....
    To me anyway, but once again just being honest.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Adele is bigger than Hollywood "average" which usually is a size 0 or 2. But she's thinner than when she started, and she's beautiful and talented too.

Untitled-1.jpg