Adele.. fat?!

Options
It really annoys me when guys say "yeah.. adele is fat" (referring to the singer Adele), I think she's a size 14-16 (UK)? I think she looks lovely and not fat at all, just very curvy in a good way. Just like sophie dahl used to be. Thoughts?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Adele is lovely, and a spectacular singer, but yes, she is fat.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings...but yes, I think Adele is obese. She is still very beautiful though. I also love that she doesn't seem to give a damn if anyone thinks she's fat. Nothing is sexier than all that confidence
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Too funny! Just as I read the title of this thread an Adele song started playing on the television.

I suppose it depends upon your definition of fat. From a medical standpoint she is indeed obese, no question. Morbidly obese? No.
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    ^ True. I think she's beautiful and it's extremely attractive that she is so confident in herself and doesn't care what people think. But I think from a fitness perspective, she is obese and appears to have a high body fat percentage.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    She has a great voice and I do like some of her music, but yes she is overweight.
  • dawnlinski
    dawnlinski Posts: 22
    Options
    yes i agree that she is over the weight she should be but i think she carries it well and she could be a lot worse. i just don't like that she's called fat. i don't like anyone being called fat.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    She is heavier than a healthy weight..
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree with sleepytexan. She's beautiful and talented, and confident in her weight, but yes, she is fat. A size 14-16 is quite big, any bigger is obese and a health risk according to a lot of people in the health field.

Why does it bother you that guys say that? Are you bigger than her or the same size, and therefore get offended by their comments? I know I'd be hurt if they said that about someone roughly my size and pretended like it shouldn't offend me... :/
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Im a size 11/12 and I am considered obese...164 5'3......yes she is obese...I really dont like that word either ; P
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    yes i agree that she is over the weight she should be but i think she carries it well and she could be a lot worse. i just don't like that she's called fat. i don't like anyone being called fat.

People will call others whatever they want. Don't let it bother you. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that think she's ugly or a bad singer as well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'd say she's average.... which is a little overweight. She's beautiful and amazingly talented, but overweight. It's far from the first word I'd use to describe her, though.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think she's very talented and beautiful, but also somewhat fat, yes. Not in a negative way, it is what it is and it's her choice.
  • Happy_Healthy_Babe
    Options
    She's fat and she knows it, she said it herself she makes music for the ears not for the eyes.

No point beating around the bush, you are what you are.........unless you want to change.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings

Reality is reality, and there is nothing wrong with the word fat. At the moment I am indeed fat. It isn't a dirty word. Maybe some people need to toughen up and stop having their feelings hurt so easily.

Wellll when I fry bacon I love to save the fat so I can fry more food. I don't think overweight people look like bacon grease so I don't usually call them fat.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think she's very talented and beautiful, but also somewhat fat, yes. Not in a negative way, it is what it is and it's her choice.

This but don't think she's as talented as other singers like Norah Jones or Amy Lee.

You mad?

I also think she's fat.
  • lyrics4mal
    lyrics4mal Posts: 14
    Options
    She has amazing talent regardless of what label people throw at her. I think she's beautiful and I also think people have way too many negative opinions about others.
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yes, Adele is definitely fat/obese/large, whatever you want to call her. It has no effect on her musical talent, but it's true.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I never even think about that kind of stuff. She has a beautiful voice but yes, technically she is overweight/obese.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fat Fat Fat...Adele is fat..I am fat...most people are on here because they are fat or lost fat or never want to be fat..it's an f word...but we gotta use it!