Replies

• KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You too:smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    No... She is definetly "fat". Definetly. She is still extremely talented and has a beautiful voice!!

celebrities-adele-861167.jpg

in this photo i think it's safe to say she's obese and like others have noted that doesnt take away from her talent
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't know about her weight, but her songs suck really bad.
    But that's how 'one hit wonders' normally go.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think she is a little overweight technically but she carries it well and she is gorgeous! To me, being the size I am, a size 14 does not look fat at all lol
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand the definition of a one hit wonder...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I don't think you understand the definition of a one hit wonder...

LOL for real.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    She is definitely fat.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I think the woman is gorgeous just the way she is... whether she is fat/obese/morbidly obese/whatever else you want to classify her as....she's gorgeous.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I think she's very talented and beautiful, but also somewhat fat, yes. Not in a negative way, it is what it is and it's her choice.

This but don't think she's as talented as other singers like Norah Jones or Amy Lee.

You mad?

I also think she's fat.
    I love Norah Jones!!

I love Norah Jones, too. But, I think Adele sings her under the table every time. I also think that Adele's songs are more diverse than Norah Jones' earlier music (not The Little Willies, her solo stuff). Adele is overweight, I won't say obese because... I don't know. I also think she is beautiful. I don't think it is a problem to say she is fat, or overweight, but it's a shame when it overshadows her other accomplishments.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    She is fat though.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No... She is definetly "fat". Definetly. She is still extremely talented and has a beautiful voice!!

celebrities-adele-861167.jpg

I think this is an old photo of her. She has most definitely dropped a lot of weight judging by the live performances I have seen her perform on tv
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to come off ignorant but is the word fat really offensive? What's the right word to use? Obese? Honest question. I would never want to offend.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to come off ignorant but is the word fat really offensive? What's the right word to use? Obese? Honest question. I would never want to offend.
    I personally prefer fat, and refer to myself as fat.

As for Adele, the woman is gorgeous, would give my right leg to look like her.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't get why she is so popular? I don't see how she's any different from any of the other performers out there. I change the radio station when she comes on. I'm kinda tired of hearing about her and wish she would go away. Just my 2cents.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people refer to someone's weight when it isn't relevant.
    Adele has a fantastic voice. Being fat or not fat shouldn't have an impact on whether someone enjoys her music or not. Why is it even up for discussion??

My husband often refers to a particular morning show host as "fat" and I get annoyed - because while she probably is overweight, it's not relevant to what we are talking about. If he wants to say she looks good or bad in a particular outfit or that she has an annoying laugh or to comment on something she says - I'm all for it, but to tie what she says into the fact that she's "fat" - it drives me nuts!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    she is slightly plump not fat, and nicely porportioned from what i have seen of her, and she sings amazingly well!
  • ZebraBri
    ZebraBri Posts: 60
    Options
    My question is...why does this always come up. Her weight is her problem. It has no bearing on her talent and weight does not define a person. Her personality and confidence are there- she's not hurting anyone, in fact she's entertaining plenty. So why does her weight always have to be the first thing people talk about? I've read plenty of people on here type that weight loss and the journey is personal and you do it for yourself. So let her weight be her thing-it shouldn't be the first topic of discussion. Her weight doesn't bother any of our fitness goals. IMO- its just a way for others to be mean and judge someone else. I just saw a forum yesterday where someone was hurt by being called a fatty-so how can all of you sit here and say she is fat or obese. If it were you- I bet 90% of you would be hurt.

THIS.

I'd also like to add that I also think, even if many people are saying "it is how it is", the word "fat" has a negative connotation already.
    Is Adele overweight? Not terribly overweight, though. Yeah, it may appear so. Is she beautiful? Absolutely. Talented? Without a doubt.
    Then again...since most of us on here have been obese at some point in our lives, and even still are, we tend to be more judgmental from our experiences
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think she's fat...though I would never call her that...or anyone else really for that matter. Indirectly though, I certainly say 'fat people' when referring to those who are or were overweight. I call myself fat when I'm fat too.

As for her talent...eh, if she'd stick to upbeat/brash songs where her attitude comes through...I'd like her more. If I hear 'Someone Like You' one more time, I may projectile vomit.

On beauty...no...she's definitely not my type.
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    shes gorgeous, but she is fat
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't get why she is so popular? I don't see how she's any different from any of the other performers out there. I change the radio station when she comes on. I'm kinda tired of hearing about her and wish she would go away. Just my 2cents.

I am not a fan, but I am more of a rock fan. She's just not my style of music.