Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings...but yes, I think Adele is obese. She is still very beautiful though. I also love that she doesn't seem to give a damn if anyone thinks she's fat. Nothing is sexier than all that confidence

obese fat both mean words to call someone..
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Apparently, BMI is out as a fat indicator and waist size is the new indicator of whether or not your weight is a problem.
  • misspersimmon
    Options
    Fat is not a inherently negative word, it is just descriptive. There are many beautiful, incredible, talented, and yes, fat people. And there is nothing wrong, bad, insulting, or negative about that.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Apparently, BMI is out as a fat indicator and waist size is the new indicator of whether or not your weight is a problem.

And I'll still use bodyfat %.

Interesting change of subject though!
  • DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ""I've never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I'm very proud of that." - Adele

Does she?
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

But i think, UK size 8 / US size 4 is average.
    UK size 12 / US size 8 is fat.
    And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

But not trying to troll, just my honest opinion.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Clearly she's not Fit, nor even average. So what does it leave? "Fat" is just a descriptive word. You can call her "plump", but you're just using a less popular word to call her fat... end result is still the same.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    ""I've never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines. I represent the majority of women and I'm very proud of that." - Adele

Does she?

I don't think so...I think she has a typically skewed viewpoint. Next she'll be saying 'only real women have curves'.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings...but yes, I think Adele is obese. She is still very beautiful though. I also love that she doesn't seem to give a damn if anyone thinks she's fat. Nothing is sexier than all that confidence

Since when is a size 12 US (UK 14-16) Obese???/Fat??? Some people have a warped sense of what "fat" is, but I think that when I see someone who's 125 lbs looking to lose 10 lbs smh..
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    As a culture, we have become too sensitized to the word "fat". It is seen in a negative condontation, but the word when used as an adjective means "(of a person or animal) Having a large amount of excess flesh". I'm fat, heck many of us on here are fat, that is why we are here: but that does not mean she is not beautiful. Adele is an amazing and inspirational young woman who is beatiful and carries herself very well. Fat is a description, not a sense of being.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

That is just messed up and the same kind of attitude that drives people to anorexia and eating disorders. A size 4 AVERAGE??? and a size 8 fat??? you have got to be crazy............... size 4 is "hollywood model" ideal. Size 6 is Jennifer Lopez and size 8 is Jennifer Garner.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    No... She is definetly "fat". Definetly. She is still extremely talented and has a beautiful voice!!

celebrities-adele-861167.jpg

I think this is an old photo of her. She has most definitely dropped a lot of weight judging by the live performances I have seen her perform on tv

more current pics. not looking overweight

http://globalgrind.com/music/adeles-weight-loss-transformation-photos

edit different link
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    She doesn't look anywhere near as big as that last picture anymore, she has lost a substantial amount of weight over the last two years. Probably due to music company pressure, though I would hope to be healthier also.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    As a culture, we have become too sensitized to the word "fat". It is seen in a negative condontation, but the word when used as an adjective means "(of a person or animal) Having a large amount of excess flesh". I'm fat, heck many of us on here are fat, that is why we are here: but that does not mean she is not beautiful. Adele is an amazing and inspirational young woman who is beatiful and carries herself very well. Fat is a description, not a sense of being.

This.
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yep, she's "fat" but man is she gorgeous!! Just goes to show that even if society has a "norm" standard of beauty that is thin; it can be broken! I wouldn't mind looking like Adele at all. Outside of possible health complications from being overweight; I wouldn't mind being fat so much if I looked like her, lol.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

That is just messed up and the same kind of attitude that drives people to anorexia and eating disorders. A size 4 AVERAGE??? and a size 8 fat??? you have got to be crazy............... size 4 is "hollywood model" ideal. Size 6 is Jennifer Lopez and size 8 is Jennifer Garner.

The US average dress size is a 14.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong to say if someone is fat. People are described as skinny, muscular, big boned, hairy, short, tall, etc. so fat shouldn't be taken offensively if it's the truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Personally it does annoy me that its even discussed, however I would way rather people call her fat than make completely unfounded assumptions about her 'health'. Hiding fat-hating behind fake concern about someone's health is one of my pet peeves. Body weight is a pretty poor indicator of health and there are many other characteristics and/or behavious that affect someones health which people ignore.
  • chipgirl25
    chipgirl25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2012/02/adele_2012_grammy_awards.html

The link above shows her at the 2012 Grammy's and I personally think she looks fabulous....and not fat.:smile:
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Since when is a size 12 US (UK 14-16) Obese???/Fat??? Some people have a warped sense of what "fat" is, but I think that when I see someone who's 125 lbs looking to lose 10 lbs smh..

page_weightTwo.jpg

Yes, the left picture is overweight/fat, if you will...though not overly so.

Size 12.

I know many women who are more fit and healthy at 110lbs versus 125lbs.