Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Isn't a UK size 14/16 like a US size 10/12? That's not even plus sized! Yeah, she's heavy, but I wouldn't say fat. There are women who carry weight well, and she is one of them.

What does "heavy" even mean?

Oh, come on! She's not small, that's pretty clear.

In my opinion, fat (unless you're an Olympic body builder, or someone else with a huge muscle mass) starts at a BMI of 35-40. Unless you're a *****, then it starts wherever you are, but that's another topic entirely. And to me, BMI of 25 or more is heavy, athletes aside.

So if a person has a high % of body fat, they're not fat? She's obviously not carrying a lot of muscle mass.

You misunderstood what this poster is saying. It was stated that unless the person is an athlete (which usually comes with a low BF%), she is overweight.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Isn't a UK size 14/16 like a US size 10/12? That's not even plus sized! Yeah, she's heavy, but I wouldn't say fat. There are women who carry weight well, and she is one of them.

In my opinion, fat (unless you're an Olympic body builder, or someone else with a huge muscle mass) starts at a BMI of 35-40. Unless you're a *****, then it starts wherever you are, but that's another topic entirely. And to me, BMI of 25 or more is heavy, athletes aside.

So if a person has a high % of body fat, they're not fat? She's obviously not carrying a lot of muscle mass.

You misunderstood what this poster is saying. It was stated that unless the person is an athlete (which usually comes with a low BF%), she is overweight.

So what is her BMI (which isn't even very accurate anyways)?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

No, she said 'heavy'...as if that's different than overweight or fat.

I just caught the insult too JR lol. She told you brother!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    It really annoys me when guys say "yeah.. adele is fat" (referring to the singer Adele), I think she's a size 14-16 (UK)? I think she looks lovely and not fat at all, just very curvy in a good way. Just like sophie dahl used to be. Thoughts?

I definitely think that is is not "skinny" but she looks great especially since she lost some weight (she was much larger at first) and I think she has a gorgeous voice and is a truly beautiful young woman! One problem that I do have with her, I am 52 and I don't dress as old as she does... what's up with that? I'm not saying she should dress trashy but you can look very classy and still not dress like an old lady, but to each his/her own (even this old lady doesn't dress THAT old).

That being said, I adore her!
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Who cares? She's obviously not concerned with her weight... why the hell should we be?
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I find the discussion on this topic very interesting. I wonder if some of the interpretation of being "fat" or overweight is in the eye of the beholder. When I was overweight, I didn't think I was "that big". My perception was, I was a little overweight. However, I could definitely stand to lose more than a few pounds! I wonder if being overweight has become a norm for us now and we look at others with a skewed perception of what is average. Just something I was thinking about!
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

But i think, UK size 8 / US size 4 is average.
    UK size 12 / US size 8 is fat.
    And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

But not trying to troll, just my honest opinion.
    This is delusional. I am a size US 8 and usually in a group I am smaller than average. According to this scale pretty much everyone outside of Hollywood and a few high school girls are fat or worse.

They said in their opinion. I sort of agree with this opinion in terms of what looks attractive and appealing. I do think a size 4 (what a current day size 4 is so that's around a 27'' waist and 37'' hips) looks most attractive on women. Its not too big and its not too small. I'm saying this for average height as well which is around 5'4-5'5

So basically according to you, one must have the proportions of a Miss Universe contestant to be attractive? 5'4-5/5 ideal weight is 110-145 lbs depending on body structure for a female, and someone at the higher end of that might be a size 8 or 10. I'm not one of the folks here that needed to lose 100 lbs or even 50 lbs, but to those that are, and more, they are quite happy when they get down to a size 8, 10 or even 12. Not everyone's goal is to be a size 2/4 with a six pack.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Adele-Weight-Loss.jpg

Interesting! I guess I'll downgrade my "obese" to "overweight".

Or rather, she has a great wardrobe manager. I doubt she has that shape naked.

And look at those pictures...I think it's funny how many women are saying 'beautiful'...and men either aren't saying anything, or flat say she's unattractive.

These gender things are weird. Half the time you women are ready to scratch each others eyes out...the other half you'll cut someone elses throat for saying the wrong thing to one of you. We guys...are pretty much just guys...all the time.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

This is delusional. I am a size US 8 and usually in a group I am smaller than average. According to this scale pretty much everyone outside of Hollywood and a few high school girls are fat or worse.

They said in their opinion. I sort of agree with this opinion in terms of what looks attractive and appealing. I do think a size 4 (what a current day size 4 is so that's around a 27'' waist and 37'' hips) looks most attractive on women. Its not too big and its not too small. I'm saying this for average height as well which is around 5'4-5'5
    And as I said, my opinion is that this is delusional. I am definitely not fat and as I said everywhere I go I am usually one of the smallest people. The average woman in the US is a size 12-14. That's average. Granted the population is getting larger in general but to say that basically 99% of women are fat is crazy talk.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

So basically according to you, one must have the proportions of a Miss Universe contestant to be attractive? 5'4-5/5 ideal weight is 110-145 lbs depending on body structure for a female, and someone at the higher end of that might be a size 8 or 10. I'm not one of the folks here that needed to lose 100 lbs or even 50 lbs, but to those that are, and more, they are quite happy when they get down to a size 8, 10 or even 12. Not everyone's goal is to be a size 2/4 with a six pack.

Umm, cause that's what she said right? Check your reading comprehension. She said MOST attractive, to HER.

Seriously...people are just crazy about this stuff.
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Adele is fat and people trying to say otherwise are just spreading the western worlds idea that its OK to be like this. Even a few % above 20% body fat for women has dramatic long term health effects on a person. It increases likelihood of osteoporosis, diabetes, spinal stenosis, birth defects and fertility issues. So we shouldn't be thinking people like this are lovely but treating the like they are doing something wrong and setting a poor example for children because they are. And the whole not even plus sized argument is ridiculous. Women's pants sizes mean absolutely nothing. They vary from company to company and country to country as a marketing tool. Just because you aren't plus sized in one type doesn't mean that you aren't fat.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

And as I said, my opinion is that this is delusional. I am definitely not fat and as I said everywhere I go I am usually one of the smallest people. The average woman in the US is a size 12-14. That's average. Granted the population is getting larger in general but to say that basically 99% of women are fat is crazy talk.

Over two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.

All adults: 68 percent
    Women: 64.1 percent
    Men: 72.3 percent

http://win.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/index.htm
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

Bond, just a few posts up she said she's a size 2, but by measurements that's a real size 6. That would put her size 4 above...at roughly your size 8.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use the word 'fat' since it hurts peoples feelings...but yes, I think Adele is obese. She is still very beautiful though. I also love that she doesn't seem to give a damn if anyone thinks she's fat. Nothing is sexier than all that confidence

Since when is a size 12 US (UK 14-16) Obese???/Fat??? Some people have a warped sense of what "fat" is, but I think that when I see someone who's 125 lbs looking to lose 10 lbs smh..

Because of vanity sizing clothes are probably two sizes off. I wear a size 2 but I know my measurements are a true size 6. The only reason a size 14 is average in the US is because the average american is overweight or obese. It still doesn't make it healthy. Adele is pretty tall too I believe, so I doubt she is a size 12. She's probably a 16-18.

Also what exactly is wrong with someone who's 125lbs trying to lose 10lbs? If the person is 5'2-5'6' 115lbs is a perfectly healthy weight for them. If anyone has a warped sense it would be you for thinking someone that overweight is in good health. It doesn't take much extra weight to put a person in a category of poor health and increased risks.

Thank you :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

Body structure meaning muscle mass. For someone who is not athletic 145lbs at 5'4 looks very large to me. If it makes someone else happy to look whichever way they do then that is fine. It's not a look that I find healthy though. It's not like a Miss Universe contestant is an alien either. Those women are in very good health.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

Over two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.

All adults: 68 percent
    Women: 64.1 percent
    Men: 72.3 percent

http://win.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/index.htm
    I fully acknowledge that. But as someone pointed out, the sizes mentioned in the previous post are just off. Jennifer garner is not fat. Nicole Kidman is not fat. Jessica alba has a great body but she is a size 4! And a 6 is pushing it? Gtfo
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    I fully acknowledge that. But as someone pointed out, the sizes mentioned in the previous post are just off. Jennifer garner is not fat. Nicole Kidman is not fat. Jessica alba has a great body but she is a size 4! And a 6 is pushing it? Gtfo

I wasn't arguing for or against anyone. I was just posting that data for the thread. :flowerforyou:
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options

And did you just try to insult me?

It was a joke, and not directed at you. Someone's sensitive. And I'm talking aesthetics, not health. I think she's attractive, and I don't consider her fat. I have the right to think that.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    ^^Yeah sure if you count the photoshop diet

LOL!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

No one said you were fat, relax. Of course in a group you'll be smaller than average because on average, 2/3 of that group will be overweight or obese. In a group I look smaller than average too. I'm not skinny or anything either its just that a lot of people happen to be overweight. Keep in mind that I'm also 5'3. I'm not sure how tall you are but I'm pretty short so I'd look overweight at a bigger size.