Adele.. fat?!

Options

Replies

• onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If Adele hypothetically had no life, and Googled her name, she'd laugh at this conversation, and I agree with the guy who said "she obviously isn't concerned with her body, so why should we be?"

I realize I'm saying this on a health website, but news flash: self improvement isn't just about the outside, sounds like some of you spend a lot of time focusing on others looks.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I fully acknowledge that. But as someone pointed out, the sizes mentioned in the previous post are just off. Jennifer garner is not fat. Nicole Kidman is not fat. Jessica alba has a great body but she is a size 4! And a 6 is pushing it? Gtfo

I wasn't arguing for or against anyone. I was just posting that data for the thread. :flowerforyou:
    Oh I know..the GTFO was for the measurement talk. Sorry if it seemed to be directed at you.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think she is fat and not particularly attractive.

Why does it matter if she is (apparently) talented? She's not a model she's a singer.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

But i think, UK size 8 / US size 4 is average.
    UK size 12 / US size 8 is fat.
    And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

But not trying to troll, just my honest opinion.
    This is delusional. I am a size US 8 and usually in a group I am smaller than average. According to this scale pretty much everyone outside of Hollywood and a few high school girls are fat or worse.

They said in their opinion. I sort of agree with this opinion in terms of what looks attractive and appealing. I do think a size 4 (what a current day size 4 is so that's around a 27'' waist and 37'' hips) looks most attractive on women. Its not too big and its not too small. I'm saying this for average height as well which is around 5'4-5'5

So basically according to you, one must have the proportions of a Miss Universe contestant to be attractive? 5'4-5/5 ideal weight is 110-145 lbs depending on body structure for a female, and someone at the higher end of that might be a size 8 or 10. I'm not one of the folks here that needed to lose 100 lbs or even 50 lbs, but to those that are, and more, they are quite happy when they get down to a size 8, 10 or even 12. Not everyone's goal is to be a size 2/4 with a six pack.

Body structure meaning muscle mass. For someone who is not athletic 145lbs at 5'4 looks very large to me. If it makes someone else happy to look whichever way they do then that is fine. It's not a look that I find healthy though. It's not like a Miss Universe contestant is an alien either. Those women are in very good health.

My sons mother is 5'5"...she doesn't have a muscle in her body...but is lucky enough to still have 'shape'. She looked best at 115-125 (again, zero lean body mass lol). She usually wore a size 3 usually, 5 at the largest. While wearing the 5, she weighed about 135.

DSCF0445.jpg

Size 3, 120lbs...and the reason for the picture is she wanted to see her butt in those jeans lol.

The point of this...is that at 135lbs...she was getting big. 145, she'd certainly have been on her way to fat.
  • BondBomb
    Options
    Honest opinion.....
    And please no slating me for this. Im just honestly answering the OP's question.

I do think adele is fat.

But my honest opinion, and once again i know this will annoy alot of people, but im just inputting my honest opinions into the post. No trolling intended and i dont expect people to agree with me..

And UK size 10 / US size 6 is just pushing it.. Depends how well you carry yourself..

This is delusional. I am a size US 8 and usually in a group I am smaller than average. According to this scale pretty much everyone outside of Hollywood and a few high school girls are fat or worse.

They said in their opinion. I sort of agree with this opinion in terms of what looks attractive and appealing. I do think a size 4 (what a current day size 4 is so that's around a 27'' waist and 37'' hips) looks most attractive on women. Its not too big and its not too small. I'm saying this for average height as well which is around 5'4-5'5
    And as I said, my opinion is that this is delusional. I am definitely not fat and as I said everywhere I go I am usually one of the smallest people. The average woman in the US is a size 12-14. That's average. Granted the population is getting larger in general but to say that basically 99% of women are fat is crazy talk.

No one said you were fat, relax. Of course in a group you'll be smaller than average because on average, 2/3 of that group will be overweight or obese. In a group I look smaller than average too. I'm not skinny or anything either its just that a lot of people happen to be overweight. Keep in mind that I'm also 5'3. I'm not sure how tall you are but I'm pretty short so I'd look overweight at a bigger size.
    Actually someone did say size 8 was fat. And they are entitled to their opinion. But telling a community of people that have members struggling with weight that average is fat is ****ty IMO. I have enough self esteem that honestly you can call me anything and I will still wake up tomorrow knowing that I'm awesome.

And in a bar fight you want the size 8 me on your side..not the size 2 me that had no muscles!
  • sarahkittymeow
    Options
    ^^Yeah sure if you count the photoshop diet

Lol true that. Not hating, just don't trust Hollywood.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

And as I said, my opinion is that this is delusional. I am definitely not fat and as I said everywhere I go I am usually one of the smallest people. The average woman in the US is a size 12-14. That's average. Granted the population is getting larger in general but to say that basically 99% of women are fat is crazy talk.

No one said you were fat, relax. Of course in a group you'll be smaller than average because on average, 2/3 of that group will be overweight or obese. In a group I look smaller than average too. I'm not skinny or anything either its just that a lot of people happen to be overweight. Keep in mind that I'm also 5'3. I'm not sure how tall you are but I'm pretty short so I'd look overweight at a bigger size.
    Actually someone did say size 8 was fat. And they are entitled to their opinion. But telling a community of people that have members struggling with weight that average is fat is ****ty IMO. I have enough self esteem that honestly you can call me anything and I will still wake up tomorrow knowing that I'm awesome.

And in a bar fight you want the size 8 me on your side..not the size 2 me that had no muscles!

Aww...I love it when two people I really really really really really like make friends :).
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Who cares? She's obviously not concerned with her weight... why the hell should we be?
    .... THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly!
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    wow...um no i wouldnt call her fat..curves yes..fat blob_NO
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Honest opinion.....

I do think adele is fat.

NVM!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Trust me, in a bar fight I have plenty of muscles and I probably lift more than most size 8's :wink:

Umm....may I attend?
  • victoria4321
    Options

Trust me, in a bar fight with me it would be over. I have plenty of muscles and I probably lift more than most size 8's :wink:

Umm....may I attend?

LOL so much retracting my original statement
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Personally it does annoy me that its even discussed, however I would way rather people call her fat than make completely unfounded assumptions about her 'health'. Hiding fat-hating behind fake concern about someone's health is one of my pet peeves. Body weight is a pretty poor indicator of health and there are many other characteristics and/or behavious that affect someones health which people ignore.

Yes, huge assumptions. And I think that curves look better than smaller sizes, all the men I know LOVE LOVE LOVE Christina Hendricks to the tenth power and they don't want her to lose a pound. Why can't a woman be curvy, love herself, workout and be healthy. Size 2 isn't necessarily healthy. I don't know I'm just sayin'...
  • crisanderson27
    Options

This is nothing against you directly...your post just made me think of it.

But I absolutely hate when people call overweight women 'curvy'. It literally brings the entire definition of the word down 10 notches. Yes, overweight women can sometimes be 'curvy'. They are not all curvy by definition. I know many, MANY 5'3", 115lb women who are 'curvy'.
  • victoria4321
    Options
    Personally it does annoy me that its even discussed, however I would way rather people call her fat than make completely unfounded assumptions about her 'health'. Hiding fat-hating behind fake concern about someone's health is one of my pet peeves. Body weight is a pretty poor indicator of health and there are many other characteristics and/or behavious that affect someones health which people ignore.

Yes, huge assumptions. And I think that curves look better than smaller sizes, all the men I know LOVE LOVE LOVE Christina Hendricks to the tenth power and they don't want her to lose a pound. Why can't a woman be curvy, love herself, workout and be healthy. Size 2 isn't necessarily healthy. I don't know I'm just sayin'...

Did you see the rack on her though? Most men know that when you lose weight you loose boob too.

Also, I look quite healthy at my size and weight. A very healthy and curvy view from behind as well, just sayin'....
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options

This is nothing against you directly...your post just made me think of it.

But I absolutely hate when people call overweight women 'curvy'. It literally brings the entire definition of the word down 10 notches. Yes, overweight women can sometimes be 'curvy'. They are not all curvy by definition. I know many, MANY 5'3", 115lb women who are 'curvy'.

This may sound mean but I always think that it's just one curve (like a ball) hehe. "Curvey" to me means a banging hourglass figure, maybe a bit overweight but definitely not fat.
  • BondBomb
    Options

Trust me, in a bar fight with me it would be over. I have plenty of muscles and I probably lift more than most size 8's :wink:

Umm....may I attend?

Then it's settled. We will go to a bar and start a fight. This is how lifelong friendships are formed.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Did you see the rack on her though? Most men know that when you lose weight you loose boob too.

Also, I look quite healthy at my size and weight. A very healthy and curvy view from behind as well, just sayin'....

I don't like her even with the rack. she's definitely curvy though. One of the true fits of the definition for an overweight woman.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    yes in the beginning when Adele first made her appearance I thought that she was fat.

yes and I also think that it is sad when people look at her they see fat instead of an awesome singer.

But the most important thing is that she seems to be getting healthier for herself.

In my opinion the ppl saying she isn't attractive has poor taste. But then beautiful is in the eye of the beholder.

As for her music, she is completely awesome and I'm sure she is here to stay for a very long time.

And no matter what size a woman or man might wear, they are beautiful in it as long as they believe it is so.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Umm....may I attend?

Then it's settled. We will go to a bar and start a fight. This is how lifelong friendships are formed.

Ok, you two KNOW you aren't doing this without me right?

Edit ~ Why oh why am I picturing Bond and Pikachu strutting into a bar?

This is all wrong :(.