5 things you can do now...

Options

Replies

• blueberry67
    blueberry67 Posts: 44
    Options
    1. beat my husband in tennis - twice in a row even - 3 full sets yesterday - he was winded and tired, i was not - thanks Zumba !!!
    2. get out clothes i haven't been able to wear in years - it's like having all new clothes
    3. run a 5k in 36 minutes - good time for me
    4. not have a glass of wine or beer virtually every night - it's a treat now and then now
    5. feel much better about myself - it's up to me to make myself happy - shoulda figured that out a long time ago .......

bonus 6. had a physical and had routine testing done that i should have been doing for years because now i care more about taking care of myself
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    1. I now cross my legs easily.
    2. I can wear dress shoes with a sexy heel.
    3. I went to Great Wolf Lodge last week with my kids and climbed up the steps over and over to go down the water slides without getting winded.
    4. I can push away from my plate when I'm satisfied and without stuffing my tummy.
    5. I can walk away from a soft drink. They no longer tempt me in the least.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1. I wore my first bikini ever three weekends ago. And rocked it. :wink:

2. I lift and toss 20-lb plastic totes of stuff at work like they're feathers.

3. Pushing 30-lb shopping carts against strong winds two months ago didn't faze me.

4. I quit smoking on Mar 24 and did not suffer a single craving or withdrawal symptom (because my body had begun craving endorphins by then). And I continued to lose weight. :smile:

5. Say no to lots of things that are made up of processed carbs because I WANT TO and not because I have to.
  • ann162
    ann162 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1) walk up stairs without getting out of breath

2) Do 30 minutes or more of circuit training with out dying :) and look forward to working out everyday!!

3) Buy clothes in the Jr.s department and they fit!!

4) Buy bra's that are not from a specialty shop, I can find bra's that fit me off the rack!

5) Go on long walks and not wonder when it will be over :)
  • nanny2mommie
    Options
    1) No longer just want to sleep all day
    2)do a 20 min workout without stopping
    3)run around with my 21 month old son
    4)fit in my pre-prego clothes
    5)enjoy getting out of the house
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1. I can shop at regular stores and not be stuck with the crappy selection at plus size stores any longer. From size 2x tops to med tops and 22/24 bottoms to 10's.

2. I am not ashamed to wear shorts and bought my first bikini in years

3. I can wrap a bath towel around me very comfortably.

4. I can easily walk 3 miles without getting winded at all (even up the big hill behind my house) and have started jogging a bunch of it and my knee is not killing me.

5. I am overall stronger, I can carry my sleeping 3 year old upstairs without a problem, I can lift and carry stuff at work that I wouldn't even consider before, and I love to exercise and get sad if my day ends up being so crammed full that I can't get a workout or some sort of exercise in (but that hardly ever happens).

bonus...I can say NO to food and to food pushers, food no longer has a hold on me, and I know I feel so much better not eating the junk and hate the way I feel if I do indulge.
  • JadaWasson
    JadaWasson Posts: 1
    Options
    1. I can kickbox for an hour straight.
    2. My 'skinny' clothes I was hoarding are too big, I can buy a size 6 and med shirts now!
    3. I can workout alone, because I want to!
    4. I can giggle when my husband says he's going to knock guys out for checking me out LoL!:tongue:
    5. I can not give up, and be proud of myself :happy:
  • blueberry67
    blueberry67 Posts: 44
    Options
    awesome thread - so motivational !

:love:
  • Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    1. jog 5km @ 5 miles per hour.
    2. see my toes
    3. shop in regular stores and in the middle of the rack -not at the end where the XL is...
    4. have about 8 - 10 inches of extra airplane seatbelt -comfortably
    5. I am not the fattest person in the room any given time

bonus thing that I can't do, but my smallest kid can -- he can put his arms around me for a hug, either around me low at the waist or even at my shoulders with my arms tucked in bear hug style and squeeze really hard... (He said he didn't uset to be able to reach all the way around me :brokenheart: but now he can almost grab his elbows! :bigsmile: Okay the squeeze kinda hurts -but he's trying to lift me off the ground! Need to lose those last 40 so he doesn't hurt himself!
    (* okay so I know he's getting bigger and stronger while I'm getting smaller, but I'm taking it anyhow!)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    1) I can eat over 2,000/day on purpose and still lose weight.
    2) I can squat my body weight.
    3) I can run into people I haven't seen in forever without the least bit of anxiety.
    4) I can run farther, faster...and do it comfortably. 12 miles is fun.
    5) I can buy bigger ammo for these guns of mine. POW
  • jamlastsforages
    Options
    Loving this thread and here's a virtual congratulatory hug for every one. *hug* You are all an inspiration.

I still do push-ups on my knees and still struggling at it. I can't really run. Yet. I still use a 1.5kg (3lbs?) dumbbells haha but here are five things I can now do that I had trouble doing before:

1: I can sprint after my train/bus without panting for ten minutes afterwards.
    2: I can fit into a UK size 12 jeans! I used to have to buy size 16 and get the legs cut short which made them just look hideous.
    3: I can look at myself in the mirror and not feel like I want to break it. I still have a weird face but hey, is that really my body? XD
    4: I can manage my glucose level better now (I have Type 1 diabetes) with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
    5: I can sleep better, too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    1. I couldn't run 1/3 of a mile. I ran 11 miles the other day.

2. I couldn't touch my toes. I still struggle with it, because I have a very short torso, but I can do it.

3. I couldn't imagine ever fitting into clothes I wore in high school. They don't fit comfortably, but I can get them on!

4. I couldn't wear the ring I wore as an engagement ring on any finger but my pinky. It fits my ring finger now.

5. I couldn't see myself ever winning anything in a race. I have two medals for best in age group and one for second in group.
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. I can wear a size 8.
    2. I can tye my shoes so much easier.
    3. I can look in the mirror and see a difference.
    4. I can get up and down better.
    5. I just feel better about my self.
  • i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Run a sub 25 min 5K.
    Do proper push-ups.
    See muscles in my arms and legs.
    Wear my old jeans.
    Cook and bake awesome tasting healthy stuff. (Thanks everyone who's shared a recipe! :flowerforyou: )
  • niquecar
    niquecar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1. I can fit comfortably in an airplane seat.
    2. I can 45 + minutes of exercise without any breathing issues.
    3. I can fit into size 10 pants!
    4. I can comfortably wear a bikini in public for the first time since I was three years old.
    5. I can take a shower with my husband in our tiny shower stall and still have room to move!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    1. Put my feet over my head
    2. Run 2 laps around my apartment complex
    3. Look in the mirror and be happy about what I see
    4. See my collar bone
    5. I can say I am smaller then I've every been. I am in a 5/6 jean and that's never happened before.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    1. I couldn't wake up in the morning and actually want to get out of bed, now I feel like I have more purpose in life.
    2. I can go for long walks without getting winded or sore.
    3. I can resist junk food easily.
    4. I can wear a snug t-shirt and not feel as self-conscious about my tummy.
    5. I can believe that things are getting better, because I am making them better.

LOVE this thread
  • jennfeustel123
    jennfeustel123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Five things... I'm just starting out on MFP with a serious goal so only a little to post right now.
    1. Jogging for 10 minutes straight, 13 minute mile.
    2. Not AS winded when climbimg stairs.
    3. Enjoy the feeling of eating healthy and feel better when I do it

I'll post 4 and 5 when I have a few more accomplishments! LOL
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can now do more challenging yoga poses

I can now make smarter food choices and know what does are

I am more open to trying new things because my self confidence is coming back

I was able to quit smoking and I am now 95 days smoke free with no cheats! !!!!

I can step away from the tablw even if there is food left on my plate
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    what an awesome thread, thank you to everyone for sharing
    1. paint toenails comfortably
    2. cross my legs
    3. run 4 miles straight
    4. do 5 regular pushups
    5. go to my bootcamp class and know that I can do all the exercises
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!