June Drink More Water Challenge

Options

Replies

• concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    New here!
    Going to try for 6 a day. Might up it to 8 next week.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Daily goal is 8
    Average 8.8

6/1 - 12
    6/2 - 8
    6/3 - 7
    6/4 - 8
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement lamlam. So happy I found this board, and know without a doubt it will help me be consistent in getting my 2 liter per day down. Will I ever get to the place I crave water? People have said they do, but I never reached that point yet in my 66 years.
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Will I ever get to the place I crave water?

The only times this happens with me is when I have taken a long bike ride. Other than that I always need to think about drinking more water.
  • WillGetRight
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone is feeling like they have to force themselves to drink water. I simply don't get too thirsty throughout the day it's not just with water-it's almost 6 pm and all I have had is 1 bottle of water, no other drinks. I've really been trying to be more conscious of drinking water but through this process I've realized/noticed it's not just water, I simply don't drink much during the day period.
  • lady4dave
    lady4dave Posts: 5
    Options
    Just found you all today! Great to be held accountable! I have definitely increased my water but it's a struggle! Thanks in advance for the help!:blushing:
  • danielledirusso
    Options
    ? Im so struggling in the drinking water department...I just can't seem to get myself to drink more. I genreally don't drink much of anything throughout the day...a bottle of water at the gym in the a.m and maybe and iced coffee in the afternoon and that's it. Bad I know, but how can I force myself to drink more?
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in. starting today- 9 cups
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker:
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    ? Im so struggling in the drinking water department...I just can't seem to get myself to drink more. I genreally don't drink much of anything throughout the day...a bottle of water at the gym in the a.m and maybe and iced coffee in the afternoon and that's it. Bad I know, but how can I force myself to drink more?

I have a hard time drinking plain water, too, but I have found that certain flavors of Wal-Mart's version of Crystal Light boosts my water intake. I especially like the peach flavored iced tea. Hot weather helps, too. Just do what you can.:smile:
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    Will I ever get to the place I crave water?

The only times this happens with me is when I have taken a long bike ride. Other than that I always need to think about drinking more water.

Yes, this...also drinking flavored water like Wal-Mart's version of Crystal Light helps, and when it's very hot outside. haha
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    6/4 -- 3 glasses. Not a good start to my month, but ever onward!
    6/5 -- 8 glasses (thanks to good ol' flavored water)
  • BigHef32
    BigHef32 Posts: 10
    Options
    I don't offer a lot in the way of encouragement for this challenge, other than to raise a glass to those reading along. I drink close to a gallon of water most days. I will, once in a while, throw in a large unsweet tea to mix things up, but I almost ALWAYS have a cup (32 oz) of water sitting next to me.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'M SO WITH YOU ON THIS!! I even put cellphone calendar alerts in my phone that say 'drink water'. lol!

I love that Kraft Mio Water Enhancer(liquid), love the Orange flavor-tastes like Orange popsicles! They have tons of other flavors, but I'm stuck on Orange right now. Next to the Crystal Light Powder..yummy! Helps me throw back the water!

Happy journey!
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Daily goal is 8
    Average 8.4

6/1 - 12
    6/2 - 8
    6/3 - 7
    6/4 - 8
    6/5 - 7
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    6/1 = 5
    6/2 = 3
    6/3 = 5
    6/4 = 3
    6/5 = 1 :-(
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    :( I missed my goal by 2 glasses yesterday. Just could not force it down afterall. I thought I had it made, but sadly didn't! Will do better today, promise! Good luck to everyone else and have a good day.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Daily goal is 8

6/1 - 6
    6/2 - 4
    6/3- 6
    6/4- 8
    6/5- I didn't record. Spent day in bed and doubt I got to 4
    6/6- Think I made it to 5

I have always enjoyed drinking water and thought I had enough. It's only when tracking it I realise how much more I need. I just wish I could remember to keep track when I am on the go.
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    Daily goal is 8

6/1 - 6
    6/2 - 4
    6/3- 6
    6/4- 8
    6/5- I didn't record. Spent day in bed and doubt I got to 4
    6/6- Think I made it to 5

I have always enjoyed drinking water and thought I had enough. It's only when tracking it I realise how much more I need. I just wish I could remember to keep track when I am on the go.

What helps me is putting my water in a water bottle that holds about 3 glasses of water. I just have to remember how many times I fill it up -- haha.
  • lamlam2468
    Options
    :( I missed my goal by 2 glasses yesterday. Just could not force it down afterall. I thought I had it made, but sadly didn't! Will do better today, promise! Good luck to everyone else and have a good day.

No worries...the main thing is you are trying and that's what it's all about.:smile: