MFP ruined my taste in women!

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    But I totally understand your main point (even if you insulted my beer choice). I now see women who I previously would have thought were pretty and/or enviable and instead think "I don't think she works out".
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I was out at a townie bar in a fly speck of a place this weekend with some friends on a camping trip. There were a few ladies up at the bar, and all my friends started talking about the one hot girl with the big cans. I get it, it was only three girls, but they went on about it all weekend.
    I didn't see her. all three of girls looked pretty blah to me.

I mean, none of them looked they were tracking calories. I watch girls now to see if they pull out a smart phone and enter her Coors light (yuk).
    She didn't look like she lifted, did she run? Those shoes didn't really seem all that athletic to me.
    I totally get it. After living a healthier lifestyle for a couple of years, I am far more aware of peoples' habits than their physical appearance. Like if I was in line at the grocery store & saw a nice-looking guy of "average" weight with Oreos, Ramen noodles, spray cheese & baloney in his cart next to a nice-looking heavier guy with a cart full of veggies & fresh meats, I'd be more inclined to chat up the 2nd guy.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Yes, Coors is gross. And there are many more delicious microbrews available. So yes, gross on the coors.

But as for the shoes issue, just because her shoes don't look athletic in a bar, does not mean she doesn't work out. I wear heels out to the bars and I certainly run. I don't wear my gym clothes to the gym. That would be strange. Don't judge a girl's shoes if it is totally out of context.

As for logging your dinner on a date, don't do it at the table. Go to the bathroom. It is super rude to be on the phone when you are on a date, for whatever reason. I personally log ahead of time so I can plan for my calories.

Also, you sound pretty self-righteous...not attractive at all. You can be healthy without being so damn judgmental.

sarcasm. not everyone speaks it.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We call Coor's light "Canoe sex beer".. Because its F'n close to water :)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Damn. You had to mention oreos and spray cheese. Now I'm hungry.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it.

You want a fit woman... ok... it's fine but no need to be judgemental about girls that don't count calories! About the shoes, if a girls wants to fit into a bar and attract a man, high heels will be the best, not your running shoes!

Also, Coors light: Some people don't like microbrewed beers!

I'm disturbed by this thread....
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's summer! Everyone knows you are supposed to drink Shandy during the summer! Come on girls get it together!

Sangria on the balcony at Dominick's!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I was out at a townie bar in a fly speck of a place this weekend with some friends on a camping trip. There were a few ladies up at the bar, and all my friends started talking about the one hot girl with the big cans. I get it, it was only three girls, but they went on about it all weekend.
    I didn't see her. all three of girls looked pretty blah to me.

I mean, none of them looked they were tracking calories. I watch girls now to see if they pull out a smart phone and enter her Coors light (yuk).
    She didn't look like she lifted, did she run? Those shoes didn't really seem all that athletic to me.

NOW the KEY is the way MFP has changed a Woman's concept of a Man...An Alpha Male. Sooo, guys like you will have to GUESS what we think about YOU when you hear that "Thanks, BUT No Thanks."
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We call Coor's light "Canoe sex beer".. Because its F'n close to water :)
    [/quote

This ^^^^ :heart:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like overly curvy girls. Once MFP has them they are ruined for me. I love my lady to bits, but she was hottor 20 lbs ago.
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just don't get it.

You want a fit woman... ok... it's fine but no need to be judgemental about girls that don't count calories! About the shoes, if a girls wants to fit into a bar and attract a man, high heels will be the best, not your running shoes!

Also, Coors light: Some people don't like microbrewed beers!

I'm disturbed by this thread....

I'm with you! Not being rude, but I felt the same and got lots of push back for it...
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people who you might not think 'look' like they workout. You can't really know without talking to them.. As for logging, I log all of my foods before or after. If I'm going out then I know what I will be having and log it or I log extras after. I would never pull my phone everytime I eat something in front of people. That would just look too obsessive..Haha.
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    Run in tread

American beers are yucky

Run out as fast as possible and hide

Ducking for cover with you! :drinker:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Maybe they all pre-logged their drinks??

I'd be more bothered by the fact that they were drinking Coors Light than anything.

OK, I give. What's wrong with Coors Light? I don't drink it often, but I will drink that LONG before any Bud product. Just askin'....

^ This

I work for an Anheuser-Busch distributor. You last two, you're on my *kitten* list now.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    psh beer has too many calories. shots are the way to go. duh....

I usually only drink a light beer to wash down the tequila or vodka....

and if you're like me, you ignore logging for a night on the town every once in awhile
    Pretty hard to log your drinks when you're seeing double...
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Very nice post. Made me chuckle a little. :laugh:
  • rugbygirlca
    rugbygirlca Posts: 85
    Options
    Run in tread

American beers are yucky

Run out as fast as possible and hide

Generic American beers are usually blander than generic Canadian beers...but really that's just a which is worse contest, not which is better. Agree with previous comments. A generic light beer on a hot day (for me after a rugby game) is perfect. Any other time, a generic beer just won't do.

In the craft/microbrewery arena, however, Americans have Canadians beat - hands down. As a Canadian who LOVES microbrewed, supper hoppy ales, the selection in the US is way more interesting. We have a few good microbreweries and the creativity of these breweries is definitely on the rise.

Wow - this is really off topic from the original thread!
  • 152dbs
    152dbs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey now. I like Coors Light.

I got some in my fridge....Super Cold ftw.

Please tell me Sundays are ur fav day of the week.
    I won't touch a Bud product as long as Kevin Harvick drives a car sponsored by them.

I love me some silver bullets...never judge 1 by what they drink. If its a small country bar there will be absolutely no IPAs.
  • i don't feel bothered at all by the women that drink beer or alcohol, I just see it as they are adults, they made their choice, and I made mine. Who knows they might be a great person to be around with good character and everything, but you can't discount them because they drink certain beer...

generally though when i am on a date, i know what i need to eat for the day, and i will not have anything else, or i will pre plan everything(in terms of eating) for the day. sure i can't go out and eat anything i want on most days, but when i can i will still watch what i eat...
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    ......people are getting serious here and making it not fun.........

WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?

brick_yelling_222.jpg

lol.