men suck

Options

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Bout time there was a couple of anti-men bashing threads on MFP... Maybe if the man haters spent less time dwelling on their hate, they might open their eyes and mind enough to let the right guy in.. Just saying :tongue:

And yes, you partner is lucky. Guys like to feel appreciated to!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    yes men suck for the most part...xcept my brother he's even saved my life once (for reals)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Ladies...I love you all...seriously.

In a totally platonic non-player way of course.
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Love it! And so true. I married a WONDERFUL man!
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    you forgot to add

They don't get periods
    They don't have to be pregnant to make babies
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    Uhm, what man are you talking about....the father of MY child does none of those things....MY own father does...Not all men are great...just like not all women are great...

The father of My child barely changes a diaper....and would rather play video games than deal with the boy...and this man..is 43. Not someone in their twenties...
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    here is why according to me...

-they smell good without needing to put anything on
    -their clothes are way more comfy and still look good
    -they can reach things on the top shelf without having to stand on a chair
    -they snore and its ok
    -they can touch themselves in public and its acceptable
    -they hold doors open
    -they will let you eat the cherry off their ice cream even if they want it

need i go on???

wait oh no this is why men are awesome... sorry for the error in my title....

oh while i have your attention for a moment
    -fathers who give up sleep,
    - who miss work to go to appointments.
    -fathers who do everything they can to make their child life better then theirs.
    -fathers who sleep sitting up because that is the only way their little one can sleep cause of a cold or ear infection.
    -men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger)
    -fathers who never hit and do their best to not yell
    -dads who will spend hours working to come home and play for hours passing up beers and games for tea parties and catch
    -who do these things and so much more
    fathers and dads and men like you are awesome!!

dead beat dads who flake and disappoint get way to much time spent on them... while real men who step up and never out are left out in the cold... i think it is time for this to change!!

:cry: great post, thanks for noticing the real men of the world :smile:

also, women are pretty awesome as well, I know I wouldn't be able to carry another human inside of me. plus I would be a big pansy when it was time to give birth. so to all the great women out there :drinker:
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • DarwinChick95
    DarwinChick95 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gotta love 'em
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I need to have my wife read this, maybe she would pay attention to what I sacrifice :\
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bout time there was a couple of anti-men bashing threads on MFP... Maybe if the man haters spent less time dwelling on their hate, they might open their eyes and mind enough to let the right guy in.. Just saying :tongue:

And yes, you partner is lucky. Guys like to feel appreciated to!

SO SO TRUE!!! Open minds and open hearts are the way to go :happy:
  • danielleharvey2009
    danielleharvey2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Agreed. My boyfriend and I don't have children, but I still agree :P
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Women are great too. I didn't see any of that in your post :)

This post wasn't about men versus women, so why would there need to be any mention about it? She also didn't state that women weren't great.

And I didn't state that men weren't great. They are, I love my man. But there seems to be an awful lot of praising men for things that, In my opinion, should be expected, and are what women have to do as well. So lets thank the ladies too =). Ie

men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger) or fathers who give up sleep,

They are just as responsible as the woman. Anywayz, I do agree with their clothes are way more comfy and still look good.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Aw Sweet ! Lets hear it for the boys !

:drinker:
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Uhm, what man are you talking about....the father of MY child does none of those things....MY own father does...Not all men are great...just like not all women are great...

The father of My child barely changes a diaper....and would rather play video games than deal with the boy...and this man..is 43. Not someone in their twenties...

Probably HER husband.

People just can't let a nice thing go by without trying to turn it bitter.

OP..thank you again :).
  • danielleharvey2009
    danielleharvey2009 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    -they can touch themselves in public and its acceptable

It is? Hot dog!

LOL
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Caitlin, it's nice to see another sweet post from you.

For those of you complaining, no, not all men do those things, but the ones that do should get credit from time to time. It's all too easy to complain about what's wrong and overlook what's right.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Awww...one of the best posts I've read. There are some truly great men out there and whoever is lucky enough to have a great man is well...lucky!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You left out the fact that we don't get old. We get distinguished.

:smile:

You sir, are wise beyond your years!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Caitlyn, it's nice to see another sweet post from you.

For those of you complaining, no, not all men do those things, but the ones that do should get credit from time to time. It's all too easy to complain about what's wrong and overlook what's right.

:flowerforyou: