Replies

• southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Women are great too. I didn't see any of that in your post :)

This post wasn't about men versus women, so why would there need to be any mention about it? She also didn't state that women weren't great.

And I didn't state that men weren't great. They are, I love my man. But there seems to be an awful lot of praising men for things that, In my opinion, should be expected, and are what women have to do as well. So lets thank the ladies too =). Ie

men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger) or fathers who give up sleep,

They are just as responsible as the woman. Anywayz, I do agree with their clothes are way more comfy and still look good.

I think the point is, there are heaps of man bashing threads. Sift through the archives, there is always something that a lot of the female members having something bad to say about men. Also a point im going to make, is you dont see very many, if any threads from guys saying my wife/girlfriend is a *****.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options

:heart:

You forgot men who don't strangle their girlfriends for dressing them in a pink g-string (and taking pictures...) while they're passed out from working 48hrs straight...

Sorry, had to bring that over from the other thread!!

Someones been stealin my move!?!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I'dl be the first to admit SOME men suck....but men as a whole ROCK!!! :heart:
  • PandoraMoon
    PandoraMoon Posts: 24
    Options
    Love this topic. I married a great guy who does all that and still lets me control the remote! :laugh: Now, here's one of the reasons why I'm awesome (at least to him)...I don't drag him to chick flicks (although he would go). I hate chick flicks. I don't need the emotional rollercoaster to know my life is good.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yay! I hear you! My man is the BEST GUY EVER. I wouldn't trade my husband for the world!!! :heart:
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am lucky to have wonderful men in my life and I hope to raise my boys to be amazing men as well. Lovely post OP.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    How about the fact that they can write their name in the snow without a stencil/ So jealous! :ohwell:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    How about the fact that they can write their name in the snow without a stencil/ So jealous! :ohwell:

So can you! You've just got to be really mobile I suppose.
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    honestly there isnt enough praise for good men and fathers like they dont count as much. they should be recognized and not just with a coffee mug and a ugly tie! cheers to the good men out there for contributing to the world
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Best post ever. Love to all GOOD/REAL men (especially mine). :love:
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yep Men are great. Women get chatted up lots and they know they are great. It's time for men to get recognized for being general all around good guys.

Thanks! I appreciate good men!
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I do love men :) I love my husband's strong arms and big hands :D No kids yet, but I do not think he will disappoint. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    OMG does EVERYTHING EVER SAID need to be a completely balanced statement?
    Come on. show some self confidence and let somebody else be praised occasionaly.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love men. :flowerforyou: Especially my special man. But yes, I agree with you that they do suck sometimes.

My husband sucks because he has nice, hard, well-defined arms, and he almost NEVER lifts weights or does pushups. I have been lifting weights and doing pushups 3x week for almost a year. My arms are not nice and well-defined like his. :grumble:

(I will forgive him for this because he will do things like clean the chunks of puke out of the bathtub and kill the wasps and scoop up/bury the dead kitten that got ran over :sad: so I won't have to. )
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    wait.. men can touch themselves in public?? Nobody better tell my husband that! haha.

Love the post, the good things are not given attention nearly often enough!
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    exactly
  • lesbodwell
    lesbodwell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    !
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    OMG does EVERYTHING EVER SAID need to be a completely balanced statement?
    Come on. show some self confidence and let somebody else be praised occasionaly.

F'real. I read the other day that the average amount spent on Mother's Day is like twice the average spent on Father's Day. I told myself it's just because men like cheaper stuff.
  • lesbodwell
    lesbodwell Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Love it!!

(my disclaimer is that I love this as it pertains to all individuals in a committed long-term relationship regardless of sexual preference or gender :laugh: )

Um sorry thats a different thread. Please let those of us men who do these things have our 30 seconds of fame. Thanks