men suck

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I love great men. But it is NOT ok to snore.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I agree awesome men are awesome.... but I really want to read Cris' return love letter, that would make my day too

Hey now...she's married lol, and she wrote it for her HUSBAND =p.

Not that I haven't been considering writing a post praising all of the incredible traits belonging to the women on MFP (and everywhere!)...but there's an inherent problem. When guys do things like that...they're attacked, and it's assumed it's fake and a ploy for attention (even we guys feel that way when we see it lol). And if I truly put out how I felt about a group of people who are SO important to me in general...and it got bashed as everything else on this board does...I'd flat go off (you have not seen this yet), and likely lose my account.

So...I dunno, I guess we'll see lol.

I meant a return love letter to all of us women... Though I worry that none of the traits would actually apply to me :(

It worries me that you focus so much on the couple of people who are negative towards you... cause the vast majority of women I see commenting about you say wonderful things...Didn't you get voted hottest guy on MFP or something?? Even I said I would argue with you over beer (I might even let you buy it)... that's pretty much my highest regard :flowerforyou:
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    4 pages in, and the resident trolls still haven't showed up. I'm impressed!

Dare I post a pic of me with my 'mini me'? Doing my best to be a great dad.

Logan_zoo.jpg

Amen brother...that's what being a man's about.

Seriously.

Huge Kuddo's to all of the great Dad's out there! Maybe someday I'll be able to join the club!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! I was about ready to get my boxing gloves on with the title of this thread, what a nice surprise! I work in health care, the world of women and hear all the man bashing. It gets old, this thread was very refreshing. I don't think men (the good ones) get enough credit! Cheers to all of the good guys out there!

I know man...it's like...wow, women really feel this way?

It's so easy to forget...even though I know some still do.

Exactly, I have that thought all of the time! Come work with me, they won't let you forget how much they hate men!

I know...I'm getting ready to finish school to be a pharmacist (my ex is a tech), and I know precisely what you mean.

I'm sorry...and don't take this wrong, but if your husband is sleeping enough to snore...he's doing it wrong lol. You're very beautiful, and very sweet from all of the posts of yours I've read.
    :flowerforyou: I agree awesome men are awesome.... but I really want to read Cris' return love letter, that would make my day too

Not that I haven't been considering writing a post praising all of the incredible traits belonging to the women on MFP (and everywhere!)...but there's an inherent problem. When guys do things like that...they're attacked, and it's assumed it's fake and a ploy for attention (even we guys feel that way when we see it lol). And if I truly put out how I felt about a group of people who are SO important to me in general...and it got bashed as everything else on this board does...I'd flat go off (you have not seen this yet), and likely lose my account.

I meant a return love letter to all of us women... Though I worry that none of the traits would actually apply to me :(

It worries me that you focus so much on the couple of people who are negative towards you... cause the vast majority of women I see commenting about you say wonderful things...Didn't you get voted hottest guy on MFP or something?? Even I said I would argue with you over beer (I might even let you buy it)... that's pretty much my highest regard :flowerforyou:

Sweet, resilient, resourceful, strong, intelligent, generous, caring, beautiful...

You don't think those apply to you??

I do.

And we'd just have to arm wrestle over who buys...you being married and all =p.

*Oh, and hottest guy on MFP? That was probably JR (above with his kiddo) lol.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! I was about ready to get my boxing gloves on with the title of this thread, what a nice surprise! I work in health care, the world of women and hear all the man bashing. It gets old, this thread was very refreshing. I don't think men (the good ones) get enough credit! Cheers to all of the good guys out there!

Exactly, I have that thought all of the time! Come work with me, they won't let you forget how much they hate men!

I know...I'm getting ready to finish school to be a pharmacist (my ex is a tech), and I know precisely what you mean.

I'm sorry...and don't take this wrong, but if your husband is sleeping enough to snore...he's doing it wrong lol. You're very beautiful, and very sweet from all of the posts of yours I've read.

Sweet, resilient, resourceful, strong, intelligent, generous, caring, beautiful...

You don't think those apply to you??

I do.

And we'd just have to arm wrestle over who buys...you being married and all =p.

ha, well I'll claim at least half of them :) I thought there'd be more about sammich making and slipper fetching... in which case I'd fail :laugh:

Personally the #1 reason I think men suck is testosterone... seriously that stuff is awesome (and the one thing I do consider to be truly male)!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Personally the #1 reason I think men suck is testosterone... seriously that stuff is awesome (and the one thing I do consider to be truly male)!

Yes, we kinda got the market owned on testosterone.

But trust me, estrogen is a hell of a lot more...umm....hmm.

Lets just say if you guys had both...we'd be seriously screwed =p.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Haha... I was happy to get a couple of votes, but I think it went to one of the bodybuilding dudes. It's okay though... I couldn't handle that kind of responsibility. I don't like the paparazzi... and I couldn't attend all of the publicity functions. :tongue:
  • KellyAlyssa84
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yay
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Cool! Yes, men are great!:love: lots of love to them!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Huge Kuddo's to all of the great Dad's out there! Maybe someday I'll be able to join the club!

I had to wait 15 years for my little guy. Had him when I was 37. Well worth the wait!!!
  • jerbear67
    Options

Congrats! What an accomplishment! I'm in my last year of NP school and it seems to be just as bad at school as it does work. In all the years I have been in health care (18 years) not much has changed. Sad but true!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    here is why according to me...

-they smell good without needing to put anything on
    -their clothes are way more comfy and still look good
    -they can reach things on the top shelf without having to stand on a chair
    -they snore and its ok
    -they can touch themselves in public and its acceptable
    -they hold doors open
    -they will let you eat the cherry off their ice cream even if they want it

need i go on???

wait oh no this is why men are awesome... sorry for the error in my title....

oh while i have your attention for a moment
    -fathers who give up sleep,
    - who miss work to go to appointments.
    -fathers who do everything they can to make their child life better then theirs.
    -fathers who sleep sitting up because that is the only way their little one can sleep cause of a cold or ear infection.
    -men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger)
    -fathers who never hit and do their best to not yell
    -dads who will spend hours working to come home and play for hours passing up beers and games for tea parties and catch
    -who do these things and so much more
    fathers and dads and men like you are awesome!!

dead beat dads who flake and disappoint get way to much time spent on them... while real men who step up and never out are left out in the cold... i think it is time for this to change!!

Where are you from...You seem lost or searching.
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    *sighs dreamily* i love men. they're so awesome.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Refreshing post. I would that all men followed even half of these characteristics... As for the rest of us, it certainly gives us something to aspire to.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That's my husband exactly. He's cherished above all others and knows it.

To all the Dads and husbands who this topic applies to, thank you for setting amazing examples of what it truly means to be a man.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    here is why according to me...

-they smell good without needing to put anything on
    -their clothes are way more comfy and still look good
    -they can reach things on the top shelf without having to stand on a chair
    -they snore and its ok
    -they can touch themselves in public and its acceptable
    -they hold doors open
    -they will let you eat the cherry off their ice cream even if they want it

need i go on???

wait oh no this is why men are awesome... sorry for the error in my title....

oh while i have your attention for a moment
    -fathers who give up sleep,
    - who miss work to go to appointments.
    -fathers who do everything they can to make their child life better then theirs.
    -fathers who sleep sitting up because that is the only way their little one can sleep cause of a cold or ear infection.
    -men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger)
    -fathers who never hit and do their best to not yell
    -dads who will spend hours working to come home and play for hours passing up beers and games for tea parties and catch
    -who do these things and so much more
    fathers and dads and men like you are awesome!!

dead beat dads who flake and disappoint get way to much time spent on them... while real men who step up and never out are left out in the cold... i think it is time for this to change!!

Love this! Men are definitely one of God's best creations... :wink:

And to my honey who is also on MFP, and encouraging me everyday...happy 26th anniversary (Monday) to a real hottie! :love:

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Love this! Men are definitely one of God's best creations... :wink:

And to my honey who is also on MFP, and encouraging me everyday...happy 26th anniversary (Monday) to a real hottie! :love:

Happy anniversary!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Man, what did I do this time... oh, wait... lol, Thank you, Lady Patton.

Do uncles count, who take time to raise their nephews? Cause if not, I don't care ... I am going to miss my little buddy...
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    yes vade you count.. you stepped up when needed real man quailty right there!!

and kimmix congrats!! one day i hope to say the same!! something to aspire too
  • jerbear67
    Options
    *sighs dreamily* i love men. they're so awesome.

Amen! I second that!!