ChaLeaners Go Heavy or Go Home!

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
Hi!! We are starting a new thread for those of us who are doing ChaLean Extreme. This will be the one that replaces ChaLeaners Unite. Please join us here and tell us about your experience doing ChaLean Extreme!! Go heavy or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey Annette!! I haven't checked in on the ChaLeaners Unite thread in a while! Sorry! How are things going for you?? I started the new Insanity program from BB, but need to figure out how to do some ChaLean too. So many great workouts, so little time! :laugh:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess!!! I've been wondering about you! How are you doing? How is Insanity? I need to check it out. A member of another group is doing it and he is seeing results already. I was going to ask about that, if it is possible to do it along with a strength trng program. I am doing fine. I went below my weight goal 2 wks ago but started eating more carbs and more calories as recommended by my dietician and have gained about 4 lbs in 10 days. About 4 days out of those 10 I overindulged in "not so good for you" foods so that did not help either. I see him again today so let's see what he says. I ran a 5K the other day and finished 4th in my age category, 27:18. I got a ribbon and a pretty charm. My husband and I signed up for the Rock & Roll Half Marathon in Nov but I will be jogging/walking it with him. Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

I love the new name! I have been following the other thread, but was gone on vacation awhile and lost track of everyone, so didn't post much. Now, I'm back on track!

I did my first workout in the Lean Circuit last night...ouch! This is gonna be hard. Still trying to decide what I'll do when I'm done? I have been told by a couple people that Slim in 6 would be a nice break from CE to try something different for a couple months, but I'm worried it might be too easy. Anyone know?
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good to hear from you Jess, we all miss you here. I've read some of your posts on the Insanity thread and you rock, I don't know how you can do all the things you do. I'm with you Annette I've heard many great things about this workout, but unlike you I don't know if I can do it. I agree with you Jess there are so many workouts, I'll just have to wait and see how I feel when I finish this workout.

Today is my rest day, but I started doing a new round of Turbo Jam just to get my 14 year old moving so I'm doing that with her tonight. Both her and I have no rythm and we look real funny, but Chalean is so motivating and I think that's what my daughter needs.

Have a great workout:flowerforyou:
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Love the name of the new thread.

I've been slacking on CE the last few days, had family in town, couldn't PP, and have had the hardest time getting back into the swing of things.:grumble:

I'm on Week 4 of Burn and need to get back into it so I can move on to Push next week.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hey all - Burn Circuit 1 again this morning after an excellent 4K tempo run. Nursegirl - I've found that my energy level for the Circuits is much higher if I've done my run before it (I think it is all the adrenaline) Maybe you could do a little cardio warm up and see if that helps with the energy. Also I eat breakfast before I workout. I'm a scary person if I don't eat breakfast within a half hour of waking. If you aren't eating before you work out that could also cause a problem.
  • purple120
    Options
    Fritz - I've never tried Slim in 6 but have seen it as one of my friends was trying to sell me her copy. The workout is very repetious and basic, I know for me I would get bored real quick, so I didn't get that workout. You might look into Turbo Jam, it's real dancy but has an instructional video and Chalean is very motivating. Just my opinion, but anything you do is good as long as you're moving.

• purple120
    Options
    Cynder - Sometimes we have a lot on our plate with work, kids and husbands, and put ourselves last. By the time we get to do something for ourselves all the motivation is gone. I try to do my workout as soon as I get home from work. I dont sit down to rest a while because then I wont get up. I also try to get it out of the way before I start dinner. I just recently started doing a workout before anyone wakes up in the morning, and believe me that's real hard for me as I'm not a morning person. Do the workout before you can think up of any excuse on why you shouldn't do it. Motivation is hard to keep up, but that's what we are here for, hey I might need your help next week.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Thats the plan most of the time :) Thats when I found I can stick to it best. It does help to have the husband home to wrangle the kids when I try to do it :tongue:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Alf, I was just lurking and was intrigued by the new thread. Love the attitude of the title! Grrrrrr!!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi Jess!!! I've been wondering about you! How are you doing? How is Insanity? I need to check it out. A member of another group is doing it and he is seeing results already. I was going to ask about that, if it is possible to do it along with a strength trng program. I am doing fine. I went below my weight goal 2 wks ago but started eating more carbs and more calories as recommended by my dietician and have gained about 4 lbs in 10 days. About 4 days out of those 10 I overindulged in "not so good for you" foods so that did not help either. I see him again today so let's see what he says. I ran a 5K the other day and finished 4th in my age category, 27:18. I got a ribbon and a pretty charm. My husband and I signed up for the Rock & Roll Half Marathon in Nov but I will be jogging/walking it with him. Take care! :flowerforyou:

I am adding in some strength training, pushups and pullups of course. :bigsmile: I am loving the cardio, it is fun and fresh! Shaun T. is awesome too!

Good job, girl!!! That's amazing! The RnR's are fun from what I've heard. Good luck with the training, just let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good to hear from you Jess, we all miss you here. I've read some of your posts on the Insanity thread and you rock, I don't know how you can do all the things you do. I'm with you Annette I've heard many great things about this workout, but unlike you I don't know if I can do it. I agree with you Jess there are so many workouts, I'll just have to wait and see how I feel when I finish this workout.

Today is my rest day, but I started doing a new round of Turbo Jam just to get my 14 year old moving so I'm doing that with her tonight. Both her and I have no rythm and we look real funny, but Chalean is so motivating and I think that's what my daughter needs.

I'm a crazy woman. :laugh: It is a tough workout system, I know that ChaLean and P90X helped get me ready for it. If you think Chalene's squat pushups jumps are tough, Shaun T. does a lot of them and at a faster pace!! :laugh: Awesome that you and your dd are working out together. My 10yo has really taken an interest in working out w/ me lately. We've been walking and just doing some basic pushups/ pullups/ ab work. She said she didn't want me to kill her. :laugh:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Checking in this morning with Lean Circuit #2. I LOVE this circuit...right up my alley! This is the first circuit that I am sore the next day from, and I love it! I think I do much better with working the upper/lower body at the same time. Burn was my other favorite circuit. I liked Push, but personally feel I get more out of it when I have 2 areas working at the same time, so I have to concentrate that much harder and push myself more.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Beautiful fall like weather here in MN today and I'm excited for a run after work!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Checking in this morning with Lean Circuit #2. I LOVE this circuit...right up my alley! This is the first circuit that I am sore the next day from, and I love it! I think I do much better with working the upper/lower body at the same time. Burn was my other favorite circuit. I liked Push, but personally feel I get more out of it when I have 2 areas working at the same time, so I have to concentrate that much harder and push myself more.

Have a wonderful day ladies! Beautiful fall like weather here in MN today and I'm excited for a run after work!

I like the compound moves too. That's what I love about ChaLean compared to other workouts. She gets you working that upper and lower body (and of course the core!) all together. :bigsmile: I liked Push also, but to lift heavy enough for my lower body I was getting really sore forearms!
  • fitzfour
    Options

I like the compound moves too. That's what I love about ChaLean compared to other workouts. She gets you working that upper and lower body (and of course the core!) all together. :bigsmile: I liked Push also, but to lift heavy enough for my lower body I was getting really sore forearms!

I agree on the Push comment. I also was getting sore forearms from trying to go heavy on the lower body. I could have gone much heavier, but my forearms couldn't handle it!
  • fitzfour
    Options

I agree on the Push comment. I also was getting sore forearms from trying to go heavy on the lower body. I could have gone much heavier, but my forearms couldn't handle it!
  • purple120
    Options
    Good morning all,

A little disappointed in myself didn't get up early today to do my workout:ohwell: So tonight will be Push 2, ab workout and then 20 min. turbo with my daughter.

Yesterday's workout was pretty good. I signed up my daughter on a teen site, similar to ours. She was really excited about that.

Fitz - I'm jealous our weather is miserably hot, :tongue: thank god for refrigerated air.:laugh:

Have a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I just wanted to join in. I am on 2nd week of Burn. I am loving it so far. This morning I did Circut 2. I do have two questions I am hoping someone can answer for me.

1. My left forearm bothers me toward the end of circut 2. I feel a small knot developing, but my husband says I just have to work through it. I know Chalene says that you have to grip your weights correctly - I thought I was. Any suggestions from those of you that are more experienced with weights then I am.

2. I am feeling a little bloated in my belly. Is that normal? I definetly feel that my abs are starting to tighten, but I feel that I am bloated or my stomach is pushing out. I eat pretty clean (usually South Beach phase 2 foods). I get my water intake in everyday. So I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks for any advice.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I just wanted to join in. I am on 2nd week of Burn. I am loving it so far. This morning I did Circut 2. I do have two questions I am hoping someone can answer for me.

1. My left forearm bothers me toward the end of circut 2. I feel a small knot developing, but my husband says I just have to work through it. I know Chalene says that you have to grip your weights correctly - I thought I was. Any suggestions from those of you that are more experienced with weights then I am.

2. I am feeling a little bloated in my belly. Is that normal? I definetly feel that my abs are starting to tighten, but I feel that I am bloated or my stomach is pushing out. I eat pretty clean (usually South Beach phase 2 foods). I get my water intake in everyday. So I am not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks for any advice.

I would say the forearm thing is because of how you are gripping your weights. I had that problem early on in the Burn Circuit too. I think she mentions it in one of the Push DVDs, that you want to make sure there is a straight line from your forearm down to where you are gripping the weights. Don't rotate your wrist inward (or upward depending on what direction you're lifting). If you can, try to make sure you aren't gripping the weights too tightly with your hand either..I have to remind myself to loosen up my grip, especially when lifting heavier. Mine got better with time, I had to work at remembering to loosen my grip though.

I too have noticed bloating in my belly, but it's when I'm working out. I workout right in the morning when I wake up, and I tend to be more bloated and retaining water from just sleeping all night. Seems to get better throughout the day.

Good Luck! Enjoy the Burn Circuit, it's fun!
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Thanks Erika.

I will work on my grip and see if that helps.

I also work out in the morning so maybe that is causing part of the bloating feeling.