ChaLeaners Go Heavy or Go Home!

Options

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! Sorry, I haven't been on here in a few days! I was sick with a stomach bug and then had a super busy weekend! But, I still kept up with CE. Only 2 weeks left and I'm on to Lean for Life! I am seeing changes, but not exactly as much as I had hoped for in the Lean Circuit. I have lost 3 pounds total since the start, and have been eating totally clean and making sure my calorie count is in line. I've been switching up my cardio routines to keep it fresh...we'll see, maybe the last 2 weeks are going to be where I see changes!

I have a question for you all...for those of you that have the BowFlex Selecttech weights, would you say they are worth it over regular dumbbells? I have dumbbells that work well for me right now, but would love the 2.5 increments for some of the inbetweens. I have someone willing to sell them to me fore $275, but I have to convince the hubby that I can sell our current dumbbells to make it worth it!

Erika
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fitz - I love my select tech and dont regret buying them, but I only had ten pounds weights before hand. I would have spent way more money if I purchased 15#, 20#, 25#, and 30# weights separately. Walmart has a nice weight set in which you could go up 5# up to 25#, but it doesn't have the 2.5# increments which is very nice. The reason I didnt get these is because with the select tech its faster to switch between weight and I didn't want to pause the DVD so I could change weight. Whatever you decide to do, I know you'll put them to good use. :happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Purple, you changed your avatar! I forgot to say that you are very pretty. Is that your new pup? Cute!! I am going back to work tomorrow and see if my coworker is willing to switch her P90X program with my CX. I could be starting as early as next week. I could also wait for you if necessary. Another MFPer from my 40+ group is starting in a week or so. I am really looking forward to the challenge. I wonder if I should do the diet, is that only for people who want to lose? I only need to lose3lbs or so, "put on" about 5 while on vacation but I think it was mostly water gain from eating out so much.

Fitz, if I were you I would not pass that chance to buy them for $275, what a deal!!! I missed my chance to get a set for $300 back in May. This guy was selling them on craigslist because he injured his shoulder plus got a job in Japan and it was going to cost him a lot of $ to ship them. My husband did not want me to get them before our trip to Vegas so when I came back of course they were sold...

I ran this morning. Doing ChaLean tomorrow.

Take care,
    Annette
  • EricaU
    EricaU Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am a chalene extremer too! I had 2 false starts but am starting again officially next Monday. I am hoping third times a charm. :tongue: I really love the program but moved and didn't find the time to workout, unfortunetly for me! We are moved and mostly settled, so I'd like to give it another try! Excited to see that other people who use MFP are doing CX!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just started CE today. And so far, it's awesome! I think I'm liking it better than P90X though I'm taking on Plyometrics on Tuesdays (can't let that one go until I catch up to Dom :laugh:).
  • purple120
    Options
    Well life happened yesterday and threw me a curve. No biggie instead of today being my rest day I took it yesterday. My godson and his wife came over as soon as I got home, he helped my husband put up a TV stand. So I cooked diner and they didn't leave until 8:30pm. Well then my sister and her daughter came to visit (they live in Dallas and are staying with my mom now), and they didn't leave until 11:00pm. Just had enough time to get ready for work the following day. :ohwell: Enjoyed everyone's company, moving on now.

So tonight I'm doing Lean 1 and turbo jam. By the way my daughter started swimming at school so no more turbo jam partner, she's worn out by the time she gets home.:tongue:

I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Sorry my bad manners showing. Welcome to the new ladies glad to have you on board. Let's have some fun.:flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Well, I ended up passing on the Bowflex weights, only because I already had up to 40 pound dumbells, with the exception of the in between sizes. Couldn't justify it for having both dumbbells and Bowflex. My hubby loves his dumbbells and wasn't liking the size of the Bowflex for what he does, so I decided against it. I guess this will make me push harder having to go up by 5 pound increments instead of 2.5. We'll see!
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm saving money to go to Camp Turbo Kick next year!! My coach went this past weekend and had a blast. What a motivation. I hope to be a size 8 by then. I'm a 14 now!!

Woohooo!!:laugh: :happy:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    ... So I am looking for an alternative, maybe P90X or Insanity to do now and then do another round of CX for variety. What do you guys think? I definitely dont want to lose my strength. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

P90X is great. I just finished my first round about a month ago. There's one workout that's 90 minutes (Yoga X) but I just split it into 2 different workouts. For the most part it's about an hour.

I've been eyeing Insanity, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fit enough to handle it yet. You wont lose strength doing that one if that's concerning you. Max Interval Training can only increase those gains.

I did a month of Turbo Jam between P90X and CE. It was my reward for finishing P90X and I'll probably do another month after this round of CE. If time permits, I'll go back to P90X and keep going until my BF% starts to dip into the ideal ranges. Boredome is also a concern of mine but this seems to mix things up enough.
  • MIMI74
    MIMI74 Posts: 14
    Options
    I HAVE BEEN DYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS PROGRAM! I AM CURIOUS HOW EXTREME IS IT AND WHAT KIND OF RESULTS PEOPLE ARE GETTING, ALSO HOW LONG ARE THE WORKOUTS?:bigsmile: I'M SO EXCITED! THERE'S SOMETHING NEW ON HERE EVERYDAY(I'M A NEWBIE) THX AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love the Select Tech weights they just make it so much easier. I am still paying for them though!
    I love the Lean circuit! Unfortunately today I had to do burn intervals. :wink: Lookign foreward to Lean 3 tomorrow!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello! On my 4th wk of lean for life, push 1 today. I only had enough time for it and nothing else. And guess what? I am so excited!! My coworker brought in her P90X program for me to use!!!! She is starting CX, my program, next week. So, starting P90X next week. I cannot wait!!!!! I am going to try to follow the diet recommendations. Should I? I really dont want to lose more weight but get leaner and stronger of course.

I want to welcome the new ChaLeaners!!! I do love the program. It made me stronger, lost inches, got leaner. It is very simple but it delivers good results. The workouts are not long at all, the longest is burn intervals and that is 45 minutes. Most workouts are less than that, about 35mins or so.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Hey, ALF, if you do follow the plan you will get leaner, but it's very restrictive. I don't know if you'll lose any weight, because all that will depend on how much muscle you gain. I dont have my book with me but if your intake is about 1800 calories for example you count your protiens as six portions. You then refer to your list to see what is acceptable protien. This of course depends on what your goals are (losing weight, building muscle, getting lean) on which phase you will be in. Your caloric intake depends on your weight, activity level and so forth.

You seem pretty lean to me, so you might just want to up your protien if you want to build muscle. I'm excited for you. Keep us posted with your progress.
  • purple120
    Options
    I did Lean 2 this morning, afterwards running around taking my daughter to school and getting ready for work I forgot to drink my protien. :cry: . I'll have a protien bar in a little bit:happy: I'm doing turbo jam tonite by myself (daughter will be at swim practice :sad: )

I hope everyone has a great workout :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Did Lean #2 this morning (Purple, I think we're on the same schedule!), and upped my weights. Even though I'm fighting a nasty cold, I had an amazing amount of energy/strength this morning! I love the shoulder work! Also, managed to get in the 20 minute TJ workout, that felt great! Hoping to get some Yoga in this evening.

Have a great day everyone!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love the Select Tech weights they just make it so much easier. I am still paying for them though!
    I love the Lean circuit! Unfortunately today I had to do burn intervals. :wink: Lookign foreward to Lean 3 tomorrow!

I love love love the Select Techs!! They were my tax refund *treat*. :laugh: My dh uses them for P90X and I loved them for ChaLean!

Great job, ChaLeaners!! I'm on to Insanity now but I'm sure I will be doing another round of ChaLean over the winter! Maybe a a CLX/ P90X/ Insanity hybrid. :laugh:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hey Jess!! Looking good!!!

I did burn it off and ab burner this morning. Tomorrow lean and that will be it. I am planning on starting P90X on Sunday!!

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Today I finished my 30 days on the Burn Circuit - although I think I will do another week of it. I have a 10 mile race coming up on the 22nd and I just don't want to move onto Push right before the run.

I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with the results after the first 30 days but quite honesty my food hasn't been the greatest. I would argue that my biggest complaint is that I am noticing some bulking up in my triceps and upper back. I tend to be built that way anyway so it could be just the way things will be for me. I do like the definition I am getting in my quads. As a runner I tend to have strong hamstrings and skinny quads but I'm seeing a nice cut in the front of my legs now.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Today I finished my 30 days on the Burn Circuit - although I think I will do another week of it. I have a 10 mile race coming up on the 22nd and I just don't want to move onto Push right before the run.

I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with the results after the first 30 days but quite honesty my food hasn't been the greatest. I would argue that my biggest complaint is that I am noticing some bulking up in my triceps and upper back. I tend to be built that way anyway so it could be just the way things will be for me. I do like the definition I am getting in my quads. As a runner I tend to have strong hamstrings and skinny quads but I'm seeing a nice cut in the front of my legs now.

I'm right there with ya! I tend to bulk up more than the average person...nothing huge, but more than I would like. I'm in the Lean Circuit now and I have noticed that my arms look "big" to me when I'm not flexing, but once I flex I can see it's all muscle. My legs definitely have bulked up, but at least with those, I can see the "cut" so I know it's just good solid muscle!