ChaLeaners Go Heavy or Go Home!

Options

Replies

• bluekb1994
    bluekb1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 2 of Push! My husband was up early this AM and while I don't like to work out in front of anyone I kept going and he said he was getting tired just watching! lol

He needs to watch the burn intervals to really know what tired is!

BTW I went to Macy's on my break today and tried on a size 14 jean.....and they fit!!!!! Wow that felt so good! I didn't buy them as they were $70 and payday and vacation are just down the road. But it was so great to fit in them and not be sucked in and muffin topping over I could actually move! :smile:

Cheers to all!
    Leanna
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! Starting final week of the Burn today and I am really happy with how it is fitting in with my half marathon training. Sunday I ran 9 miles and then did Burn Circuit 3 and was pleasantly surprised at the improvement in the calf raise exercises. I had much more control than in weeks past. I've started wearing my weight lifting gloves and that seems to have helped me with my grip.
  • pogueja
    pogueja Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am a newbie to this community of ChaLeaners! I am thinking about getting this program. I have done the P90X in the past and was just wondering if ChaLean Extreme is similar, better or not as challenging as that program? Can someone give me the short and skinny on the Extreme program i.e. how many days/months is the program, how many days a week are you expected to do a DVD?
    Where is the best place to buy the program - on line or at a store?

I have ChaLean's Turbo Jam DVDs already and find it is a good cardio workout. Also the weight training DVD is a good overall body workout.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations anyone can offer to help me make up my mind on this!!
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a newbie to this community of ChaLeaners! I am thinking about getting this program. I have done the P90X in the past and was just wondering if ChaLean Extreme is similar, better or not as challenging as that program? Can someone give me the short and skinny on the Extreme program i.e. how many days/months is the program, how many days a week are you expected to do a DVD?
    Where is the best place to buy the program - on line or at a store?

I have ChaLean's Turbo Jam DVDs already and find it is a good cardio workout. Also the weight training DVD is a good overall body workout.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations anyone can offer to help me make up my mind on this!!
    [/quote]

Welcome..

Chalean Extreme is 5 days a week with your own thing the other 2 days. It's a 3 month program like P90X. I have the P90x but decided to do that next. CX is definitely easier and I'm not quit strong enough yet for P90X(can't pass the fit test:grumble: ) Since you have already done P90x, CX would probably be good for maintaining. Hope this helps!
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    It's my rest day from Chalean today, but doing turbo jam with my daughter tonight. Eventhough we both have too left feet she is still very motivated and takes constructive critistim very postively (I'm so proud of her):love:

Leanna congratulations that is so awesome. It's such a great feeling trying on a smaller size. Keep up the good work. :happy:

Pogueja - Welcome, I did one round of P90X before moving onto Chalean, and I love both programs. I don't think one is better than the other but they are different. Chalean Extreme is not as long as the P90X work outs, so I can do a turbo jam or a run along with the workout. Chalean Extreme consists of three different phases; Burn, Push, Lean. Each phase is 30 days long and has three different strength training routines. You also get Burn Intervals (lower weight calorie burning workout), two ab workouts that really workout your core, Burn it Off (calorie burning workout) and Recharge (stretching workout). I personnally love the program, it was a good break from P90X. P90X is extreme I had to drag myself on all fours after a workout, :sick: but wouldn't burn that many calories. I plan to continue with both programs when I'm done with Chalean. Chalean is very motivating and is always reminding you of proper form. There is also no pull up excercises in Chalean and some push ups. If you decide to get the program join our group, there's a bunch of good people here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I hope everyone has a great workout. :flowerforyou:
  • pogueja
    pogueja Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for the information on CX! Did you buy it on line or in a store? How much does it cost after shipping costs?

I agree with you on P90X being intense and to be honest, I would have given up on it if it weren't for my hubby as my workout partner. It is a huge committment with the diet plan too. Does CX give you a diet plan too?
  • purple120
    Options
    I ordered it through beachbody, I wanted to make sure I got everything (I heard stories of incomplete sets). I don't remember how much it was with shipping, I'll try and look for my paperwork. CX does come with a meal plan, it's more of eating healthy and counting calories than portion control like P90X. For me P90X diet plan was very extreme, and I could only keep it up for a short while. No matter how much I tried I dont think I could've made it a lifestyle. :cry:
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    WOW!! I did burn 1 week 3. I can tell I'm getting stronger!!!:happy:
  • purple120
    Options
    I did Lean 2 this morning. I didn't do that well, I feel I like I'm losing my balance. :ohwell: We'll there is always next week. I do cardio party tonight with my daugher. I've also been eating too many carbs lately, I'm gonna cut down the bad carbs, see how that goes.

I had a protien drink right after my workout and I am starving right now. I know it's early but I'm having some tuna (dont have a healthy snack but a pouch of tuna):sad:

I hope everyone has a great workout :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Lean 2 for me this morning. I can't believe the changes I'm seeing this month, but I guess it makes sense being this has been the toughest circuit for me! Can't wait to do measurements at the end of the month!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Found the new thread.

I just completed my first lean circuit week. LOVE IT!!! It is HARD and exactly what I was looking for when I started CE! I really hope to get stronger this month so I can finally do real push ups!
  • purple120
    Options
    It's Burn Intervals for me today, along with 20 min workout and ab jam. I dont know how I'm doing all of that tonight. I tried to convince my daughter to take a rest day and she said, "No, its only a 20 minute work out and ab jam, it's easy". Im so proud. :cry:

I should've gotten up early to do burn intervals, wish me luck.

Nursegirl - Nice bike, I think it's so cool when women ride bikes. My husband and I ride, but its his bike. Only one of us can have a toy like that right now.

I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • nursegirl79
    Options
    It's Burn Intervals for me today, along with 20 min workout and ab jam. I dont know how I'm doing all of that tonight. I tried to convince my daughter to take a rest day and she said, "No, its only a 20 minute work out and ab jam, it's easy". Im so proud. :cry:

I should've gotten up early to do burn intervals, wish me luck.

Nursegirl - Nice bike, I think it's so cool when women ride bikes. My husband and I ride, but its his bike. Only one of us can have a toy like that right now.

I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:

Thanks...I love riding!! I can't wait until I look HOT in leather:laugh:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hills and Burn Circuit 2 this morning. Wouldn't you know just as I'm finishing the last week of the Burn I'm finally starting to like the bowler's lunge:drinker:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I did Burn it off this morning followed by interval training on the treadmill. I am SOOO pleased with my effort today. Usually Burn it off is my worst because I dread it. I realized after last week that It is only the first half I don't like and that is shorter so that helped me enjoy it better and thus put more of an effort into it.

Go heavy or go home
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacation. Glad to read about everyone's accomplishments. I think I am starting another week of lean for life on Monday instead of now. Anyone doing another round? I am not sure what to do. I definitely would do another round but I think I might get bored if I do it now. So I am looking for an alternative, maybe P90X or Insanity to do now and then do another round of CX for variety. What do you guys think? I definitely dont want to lose my strength. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacation. Glad to read about everyone's accomplishments. I think I am starting another week of lean for life on Monday instead of now. Anyone doing another round? I am not sure what to do. I definitely would do another round but I think I might get bored if I do it now. So I am looking for an alternative, maybe P90X or Insanity to do now and then do another round of CX for variety. What do you guys think? I definitely dont want to lose my strength. Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

I'm thinking I'm going to do Lean for Life and then maybe take a month break and try some other weight training exercises. I too am concerned I might get bored with it if I do a full round again. I love Chalene, but I'm feeling like I will need a break soon! When I get bored, I tend to not try as hard.
  • purple120
    Options
    I did Lean 3 this morning, boy are my shoulders feeling it. I'm still shaky and that was a few hours ago. Just when I thought I could go heavy Chalean hits me with the Lean Phase. I'll do turbo jam with my daughter tonight.

Annette - WOW, you look hot, what a great reward for all your hard work. Once i complete Chalean I'm planning on doing another round of P90X and then doing another round of Chalean. I'll probably mix some turbo jam or running in between just for the added calorie burn.

YAY, it's Friday, our family is getting a new pupply today. It's actually more of a companion for the dog we already have. I'll post some pictures later.

I hope everyone has a great workout. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Purple, when are you starting P90X? I might swap programs with one of my coworkers. She has P90X but would like to try CX so I offered to let her use my program if she lets me use hers. We might do that in about 2 wks. I would love to join you. My only concern is that I hear the sessions are longer, at least an hr and I am not sure I have all that time. That has been my coworker's problem with P90X, lack of time to complete the sessions.

We have a puppy also. She is a miniature Schnauzer, named her Bella. She is 10 wks old today. She is a handful. We already had two other dogs who are 4 yrs old, a mixed breed and a Dachshund. What were we thinking when we got this puppy? But we love her...:laugh:

I am continuing with Lean for life today, burn 1. I will add some sort of cardio to it and some extra squats. This should be my last week of lean for life. I might add another one until I decide what else to do next.

Have a great Sunday!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I didn't get up early this morning to do my workout, so I'm doing Lean 1 tonite along with turbo jam (it's on a 20 minute workout so it's not that bad).

I did Burn Circuit on Saturday for extra calorie burn. On Sunday, I went to the gym with my DH and got on the bike, for an hour and did the 20 minute turbo jam.

Alf, I'm going to start my second round of P90X in three weeks. The long workouts are tough, that's why I needed a break. But I think if I alternate programs I'll really shock my body. :laugh: Yoga X, which I hate, is 90 minutes long, and I cant do all the moves (like crane). Although I understand the benefits of doing yoga, I'll probably cut this one in half and do a turbo jam. The plyometrics is an awesome workout, but it's a killer on the soles of my feet. I've tried different shoes (money wasted), nothing seems to help. Kenpo X is cool although it does not have as much music as turbo jam. I think it would be great if we could do this together.

Where is everybody? I hope everyone has a great workout:flowerforyou: