June Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    What a month !! We broke the participation record with 136 people, we'll exceed the 2,000 mile mark some time today, one in four is lime green :bigsmile:

Bulgaria is an amazing country. It's a mixture of very beautiful wild nature, thousands of abandoned or badly deteriorating soviet type apartment blocks and factories from the communist era, ultra-modern new buildings, friendly people, very pretty girls :love: , great food, a strange alphabet.

We decided to walk from the city center to the hotel last night, lost the way somewhere and ended up walking 9K. I sport a huge blister on my right foot today that hurts like *kitten* :sad: , but it was absolutely worth it.

800px-Road_sign_Samokov_Ichtiman_Klisura.JPG
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    What a month !! We broke the participation record with 136 people, we'll exceed the 2,000 mile mark some time today, one in four is lime green :bigsmile:

Bulgaria is an amazing country. It's a mixture of very beautiful wild nature, thousands of abandoned or badly deteriorating soviet type apartment blocks and factories from the communist era, ultra-modern new buildings, friendly people, very pretty girls :love: , great food, a strange alphabet. We decided to walk from the city center to the hotel last night, lost the way somewhere and ended up walking 9K. I sport a huge blister on my right foot today that hurts like *kitten* :sad: , but it was absolutely worth it.

Yay! @ss Movers are doing awesome this June! Hope it stays that way. Come on people! Give Dinos some work and let's all be in lime light green! :drinker: :tongue:

@Dinos: It's always less painful when there's something beautiful to look at :wink: .... I'm sure those pretty girls makes you forget how painful your right foot is. :laugh:

You're lucky Dinos to discover new countries like that. I do envy you, but I'm not a globetrotter, so I have to rely on books, tv and Internet. I'd rather stay safe at home and discover new countries by the Internet. But there are some places that I would like to go... someday...:glasses:
  • speedyf
    Options
    This is so encourging, I am doing much better due to this challange. I cant run because I hurt my ankle, and yet I have some awesome miles. Thank you for this.

exercise.png

@loves_jc: you hurt your ankle? :noway: Holy moly, with the miles that you've done since the beginning of this challenge, it's hard to believe! You are doing incredible!! :drinker:

Amazing lady!! :flowerforyou:
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options

Bulgaria is an amazing country. It's a mixture of very beautiful wild nature, thousands of abandoned or badly deteriorating soviet type apartment blocks and factories from the communist era, ultra-modern new buildings, friendly people, very pretty girls :love: , great food, a strange alphabet. We decided to walk from the city center to the hotel last night, lost the way somewhere and ended up walking 9K. I sport a huge blister on my right foot today that hurts like *kitten* :sad: , but it was absolutely worth it.

Yay! @ss Movers are doing awesome this June! Hope it stays that way. Come on people! Give Dinos some work and let's all be in lime light green! :drinker: :tongue:

@Dinos: It's always less painful when there's something beautiful to look at :wink: .... I'm sure those pretty girls makes you forget how painful your right foot is. :laugh:

You're lucky Dinos to discover new countries like that. I do envy you, but I'm not a globetrotter, so I have to rely on books, tv and Internet. I'd rather stay safe at home and discover new countries by the Internet. But there are some places that I would like to go... someday...:glasses:

Well, as I sit here on my lazy @$$ today and get further and further from lime green, :sad: I find out I have a new challenge - apparently my wife has planned a little mini-vacation for the family next week. A wonderful surprise to be sure, but I will not have my bike for 6 days - not sure how I'm going to get those miles in now. :ohwell: If I miss my goal this month, at least it will be because I spent quality time with the family. :happy:
  • speedyf
    Options
    Well, as I sit here on my lazy @$$ today and get further and further from lime green, :sad: I find out I have a new challenge - apparently my wife has planned a little mini-vacation for the family next week. A wonderful surprise to be sure, but I will not have my bike for 6 days - not sure how I'm going to get those miles in now. :ohwell: If I miss my goal this month, at least it will be because I spent quality time with the family. :happy:
    @jonny: Family always comes first, no matter what. Challenges are great, but we also need to live, just like everybody else. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your family next week, and I'm sure, considering that you don't like being left behind (:wink::laugh: ), that you will find a way to put some miles in for the challenge (running or biking).

Seriously, just have fun and enjoy those moments with your family :flowerforyou:
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Finally got brave enough to run the dog walk which has some big hills. Did the 2.84 miles without walking. A great way to start the weekend!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Adding another 14.

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    bfd8896b5e1cb30.gif
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    @jonny: Family always comes first, no matter what. Challenges are great, but we also need to live, just like everybody else. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your family next week, and I'm sure, considering that you don't like being left behind (:wink::laugh: ), that you will find a way to put some miles in for the challenge (running or biking).

Seriously, just have fun and enjoy those moments with your family :flowerforyou:

@speedy - you know me oh so well - i have spent the last 2 hours doing calculations on what it will take to get my biking miles in while skipping the 6 days :embarassed: :blushing: :tongue: And, not to worry - family DOES always come first and I will enjoy every minute of this trip. :happy:
  • speedyf
    Options

exercise.png

Finally got brave enough to run the dog walk which has some big hills. Did the 2.84 miles without walking. A great way to start the weekend!

@tkopps: Great job! Hills are very hard but you did it! :drinker:
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options
    Since March my goal has been to ride my stationary bike 150 miles a month. Missed goal in March, but made goal in April (163 miles) and May (150.5 miles). I'm on schedule for June but will try to kick it up a few miles and go for 175. My goal for 2012 is 1500 miles on the stationary bike. If I stay on schedule, it shouldn't be a problem. Not brave enough to ride outdoors yet; my next goal.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    ... 3.5 mile run this evening.

exercise.png
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    8.9 miles this week so far. I got in a car wreck today, so no exercising this weekend at least.
  • speedyf
    Options
    8.9 miles this week so far. I got in a car wreck today, so no exercising this weekend at least.

Hope you're ok. :frown:
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's trite but true...cars can be replaced, you cannot...hope you are well
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1 mile on treadclimber equals 307 calories...I think that puts me to 0 miles on the week
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is so encourging, I am doing much better due to this challange. I cant run because I hurt my ankle, and yet I have some awesome miles. Thank you for this.

exercise.png

@loves_jc: you hurt your ankle? :noway: Holy moly, with the miles that you've done since the beginning of this challenge, it's hard to believe! You are doing incredible!! :drinker:

Amazing lady!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you this is just walking not running. I so thank you for the encouragement
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    what does it mean to be in the lime green?
  • speedyf
    Options
    lime green is being 'on track' to make your goal (like you are by the way) :wink: .

See Dinos spreadsheet right here. Dinos is a gem. He keeps track of everybody's progress and put the info in an spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As57uSwFQUGJdC1OU0dvNEdQSXpWQzhfYjdTb1plWnc&pli=1#gid=62
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    just two miles today
    26.7/75
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,339 Member
    Options
    Added 6.5 miles today!

exercise.png