June Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    Forgot to log 3 miles running yesterday. Not sure what today will bring but I will move. 3 days to do 7 miles ... I got this!!!!
    exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    3 more miles

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    As part of my plateau-breaking activity, I've been taking some breaks from activity as well as eating at maintenance for the past couple of weeks. I've been taking off a day or two on exercise about every three to four days. Took the last two days off for work and family stuff, but got back in the gym the morning. Stepped on teh scales and it looks like the routine has helped me drop from being stuck at mid-230s for almost two months to now being just slightly under 230. With any kind of luck, it's a signal that the plateau is broken and I can get back toward getting back on my weight loss journey.

Put up 6.5 on the cycle and elliptical this morning.

Gives me a total of 101.842 miles down for the month and 26.842 miles over my goal. Looks like I'm going to have to push my goal to 100+ for July!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    YES! 5.4 miles today (4.4 running and 1 walking)

exercise.png
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    6/28 1 Mile on Elliptical

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    that is amazing in itself....no matter what you have done for the damn month....14.7miles in a day - NOT in a race is rocking....
    14.7 miles of brisk walking today (did some jogging too but mostly walking) This is the most I have ever walked in a day yet!

:)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    dude, any freaking run should never end in a walk of shame...there is noooooo shame in walking for 1 mile after RUNNING FOR 4 STRAIGHT MILES.............come on...................8 miles total completed today.....cheer yourself on girl, i am....
    A 4-mile run today followed by the one-mile Walk of Shame. (It was supposed to be a 5-mile run, but I quit at 4 miles and walked the remainder.)

Also walked the dog 3 miles today.

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    great suggestion....i too am "backing" off a bit on my cardio and taking a FULL rest day and just doing a light walk on one other day with 5 days of working out strong/hard.....hope your plateau really is gone and i HOPE that i too keep moving in the right direction soon enough with the changes that i have been making...thanks for your suggestions...denise
    As part of my plateau-breaking activity, I've been taking some breaks from activity as well as eating at maintenance for the past couple of weeks. I've been taking off a day or two on exercise about every three to four days. Took the last two days off for work and family stuff, but got back in the gym the morning. Stepped on teh scales and it looks like the routine has helped me drop from being stuck at mid-230s for almost two months to now being just slightly under 230. With any kind of luck, it's a signal that the plateau is broken and I can get back toward getting back on my weight loss journey.

Put up 6.5 on the cycle and elliptical this morning.

Gives me a total of 101.842 miles down for the month and 26.842 miles over my goal. Looks like I'm going to have to push my goal to 100+ for July!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    11 miles. I don't think I will make my goal :cry:
    On the positive side, I'm feeling more like myself and will be starting the elliptical next week!

exercise.png
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    6-1 Rest
    6-2 Run 3.1
    6-3 Bike 5
    6-4 Bile 11.5, Run/mostlywalk:( 3.1
    6-5 Rest
    6-6 Run/mostly walk:( 3.1, OWS .5
    6-7 Hike 4.5
    6-8 bike 24.5
    6-9 Rest
    6-10 Run 2 Walk 1, OWS .5
    6-11 Rest
    6-12 Rest
    6-13 Bike 13, Run/mostly walk 3.1
    6-14 rest
    6-15 OWS .5
    6-16 Exercise bike 30
    6-17 Run 3.1, Walk.4, Exercise Bike 14
    6-18 rest
    6-19 OWS .5, run 1.7, walk 1.8
    6-20 Bike 6.5
    6-21 to 6-23 REST
    6-24 .5 swim, 12.4 bike, 3.1 mostly run - race day!
    6-25 rest
    6-26 2.5 run, 1 walk
    6-27 rest
    6-28 18.5 bike

To date: 169.4
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    6-1 Rest
    6-2 Run 3.1
    6-3 Bike 5
    6-4 Bile 11.5, Run/mostlywalk:( 3.1
    6-5 Rest
    6-6 Run/mostly walk:( 3.1, OWS .5
    6-24 .5 swim, 12.4 bike, 3.1 mostly run - race day!
    6-25 rest
    6-26 2.5 run, 1 walk
    6-27 rest
    6-28 18.5 bike

To date: 169.4

butters, this is AMAZING! What a month for you, and the combo of swimming/biking/running--I am in awe!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    A lot of miles for me to cover within the next few days, but i'm determine to get there! I've been going to the gym with my daughter in the last two days, helping her out with her weight lifting program. And while I was there, I was also doing my program, which usually ends up with less running miles... But I WILL GET THERE!!!!
    Ran 3.56 this afternoon.

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    7 miles walked.

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    bfd8896b5e1cb30.gif
  • renbenning
    renbenning Posts: 16
    Options
    3 more miles today!! Week one of 1/2 marathon training is going GREAT!!!
  • skoshness
    skoshness Posts: 175
    Options
    4.7 miles walked today, that makes a total of 62.02 miles walked leaving 7.98 to do! I'm gonna do this :happy:
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Updated

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    1.03 walk plus 2.51 running w/2 little walk breaks for water = 3.54 today...
    86.3/85 complete....boooooyahhhhhhh, i made my goal with 2 days to get some extra....
    tomorrow will be a light walk down to the water to eat my lunch - maybe 1-2 miles and maybe i'll do some hiit on the treadmill before or after i lift on saturday....looking for maybe 90 this month????

just need 19.96 miles and i will have walked the distance from my house in lake worth florida to my dad's house in boothbay harbor since i started the move your @ss challenge in november 2010....will be at 1634 miles BEFORE i leave to go to maine for vacation on 7/21....
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Only time for a quick 1.18 mile walk today :ohwell:

Ticker update

exercise.png
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    A 4-mile run today followed by the one-mile Walk of Shame. (It was supposed to be a 5-mile run, but I quit at 4 miles and walked the remainder.)

Also walked the dog 3 miles today.

exercise.png

You know the best i have ever done in a year of trying to consistantly run is 4 miles. It was actually the day i hit the first 3.1 (5k!) miles and i just kept going that day lol...I believe the adreniline itself would have let me go for a marathon. That day, and only that day, I made myself stop for fear of causing major injury.

It is actually you who rock.Tthere is no shame in walking. I started by walking. Then lots of walking. Then unbelieveable amounts of walking. Only then, did i start to jog. a bit.....and went from there. I'm not sure where exactly I decided in my mind that anything but running was failure on my part. I was wrong.

I am so glad to know a guy who is training for a full ironman, that runs/walks. I will never think lesser again. :)
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    3.1 miles in the rain
    84.4/75