How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    I try to aim for Mon-Fri, if I miss a day then I go on Saturday, since I have the weekends off. Things come up and you can't always stick to it, I'm sure everyone can relate lol.
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I work out about 5-6 hours per week. This primarily consists of two 20 minute walks(morning and afternoon break at work) and 30 minutes circuit training each day M-F.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    During the the weeks I work out for 45 mins on lunch and an hour after supper! On weekends.. I don't do much but play with the kids and clean :)
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week sometimes 7. i usually do it in the mornings early before work so my afternoons will be ME time....sometimes if i'm not too tired i do an extra workout in the afternoon but this is usually 1-2 times per week. on saturdays i hit the gym/workout dvds early and try to get a longer workout in. usually rest on sunday. sometimes some light walking on sundays. i really do love working out these days!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 day shred, and took NO days off... now I'm doing Insanity which puts a day of rest every week, which I will be grateful for :-)
    I like the structure of a program so that I have a goal... plus I'm stubborn about this now so I'm NOT gonna be a quitter.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    6 days a week doing insanity, as well as 3 days a week biking to and from work (12km round trip)

When i wasn't doing insanity, i was still working out 6 days a week, with just one day where i maybe do something low key, but still do something.
  • fajitatx
    fajitatx Posts: 36
    Options
    At a minimum, twice a week.

On a good week, 6 times.

On average, 4 times a week.
  • lins_q
    lins_q Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week depending on what my schedule is like and fitting in rest days too.
    I hate going too long without a proper workout. I always feel better after. I spend most of my day at my desk so exercising gives me energy.
    Can you try to fit exercise in at other times?
    Like once at the weekend then take a week day off?
    Or a morning workout so the evening is free?
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I aim for 7 days a week, but usually it ends up being 5 - 6.

I've been getting up earlier to squeeze it in. That way no matter what happens with my evening, I've got it out of the way. Whatever you can manage to do is better than nothing. I used to HATE exercising. But now that I've been doing it for a while, it's a habit and I feel so much better.
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    Between 4-5 times a week.
    I use an iPhone app called gympact that keeps me accountable for the # of times I go to the gym. If I miss a day, I have to pay money as punishment.
    Talk about incentive to keep going and not miss a day, huh?!

Have a nice one!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I do something every day. I was only work out for 30-45 min a day though while in the middle of the school semester (I'm a nursing student, wife and mom!) Now I'm working out every day and then running 3 days a week, so there are 3 days I'm doing two work outs.

I'm working my way through Jillian Michael's 30DS and C25K (again!). It makes it easier to break up the day for me. I haven't ever owned a gym membership so everything I've done it has to be at home or in the backyard.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri over lunch. If I have a conflict over lunch I'm up @ 5 AM to workout in the morning. Maybe you need to move the workout to early in the AM?

Mark <-- knows that it's easy to suggest changes in someone else's schedule :)
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY!! (with the occasional rest day here and there or when life simply says no).

I'm doing C25K and I spend an hour and half at the park everyday when I do it. I love it - its my sanctuary.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    5 to 6 days a week
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    4-5 days "work out"
    and
    4-5 days walking or riding to work, and walking with the dogs after work.
  • rininger85
    rininger85 Posts: 131
    Options
    personally I haven't overcome the lazyness factor yet, I'm still lazy even though I've put my treadmill in front of my tv, its still just more comfortable to sit on the couch than walk on the treadmill while I watch TV... I have set it up that I do spend 30 minutes on the treadmill at least 2 times a week now (was doing more, but I've shifted with the changing weather) and now I'm doing 2 days of strength training for at least 30 minutes each day, as well as one day of scuba diving... so in general I think I'm somewhere around 200 calories / 30 minutes on the treadmill, 150ish calories / 30 minutes strength training and 500ish calories / 45 minutes scuba diving... I should probably increase the time I work out, but for now I'm OK as long as the scale keeps coming down (slowly, but at least it is coming down)... once I drop a few more pounds maybe I'll get over my lazyness factor and work out more...
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Mon - Fri over lunch. If I have a conflict over lunch I'm up @ 5 AM to workout in the morning. Maybe you need to move the workout to early in the AM?

Mark <-- knows that it's easy to suggest changes in someone else's schedule :)

giggle
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    5 days a week right now until I get bored.
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I work out 5x a week for an hour or 2..i take 2 days off when the BF has off of work :)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I work 6 days a week

anywhere from 10-12 hrs a day

2 hrs of travel time a day

THEREFORE sometimes 14 hr days for me.. with 7 hrs of sleep everyday.. leaving 3 hrs left in the day

I work out everday, minus maybe 1 or 2 days a week, anywhere from 20min - 40min