How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days/week 30 minutes/session for a total of 2.5 hours a week. 4 days strength training and one day cardio.
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    i do zumba 5 times a week, 2 times a day =)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I run 4 times per week and do HIIT class or Insanity videos 2 days per week. I take one complete rest day. Some days' workouts are only 40-50 mins though... from home. So with a stretch and prep it's only an hour.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Between 4-5 times a week.
    I use an iPhone app called gympact that keeps me accountable for the # of times I go to the gym. If I miss a day, I have to pay money as punishment.
    Talk about incentive to keep going and not miss a day, huh?!

Have a nice one!

I heard about that but thought for sure it was a rip-off!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    60-80 min 5 times a week
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Multiple times during the day, but in little bits (except lunchtime kick butt cardio where I burn the most cals). Heck I even do tighten/release muscle stuff in the car at stoplights. On average I do something everyday but on weekends I try to have as much fun as possible doing it and include anyone in the family I can.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Every day with a rest day only when life has the audacity to interrupt my schedule.
  • gypsykitchen
    Options
    I work and go to school, so working out every day is not a realistic option for me - at the end of a long day, I'll always choose to relax on the couch with my boyfriend over exercise! But I generally manage to work out 2-3 times a week, and I've definitely been seeing results. It may take me longer to reach my goals, but at least I'm doing it in a way that fits into my lifestyle.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    6 days a week.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I have tired to commit myself to working out 3-4 days a week for 30 minutes. Those numbers will go up as I get back into my exercise mode. I go after work to the gym on the Army base I work on. I start water aerobics later in June..and that is a 45 min class. :) However, today I walked this morning for 20 minutes (unexpected) and will do a 30 minute cardio workout again this afternoon after work. Sometimes I get more in than expected..which is good in the long run. And I do have a stationary bike at home if I get the whim to get on it and go for a bit.
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    5-6 hours a week. Sometimes it's only an hour a day, sometimes it's two hours a day but the hours don't total more than 6. I take classes though as opposed to just going to a general gym. I would work out more because I enjoy it, but my doctor doesn't recommend it.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    6 times a week. 5 if I'm slacking.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Everyday, unless I overdo it in one of my Crossfit classes and I cant walk lol
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    3x weight training sessions (~1hr)/week

That is all you need to get into great shape.
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    www.Bodyrock.tv

Workout at home with body weight 15-20 minutes a day five days a week. I am a lot stronger, steady weight loss, and lots of time at home.

And no gym payments.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Everyday. While it's not for eveyone, it's now a part of me. Life revolves around it. In other words, when I don't exercise, I don't know what to do with myself for that extra hour. It's like I've built it into my lifestyle now. Friends, family, and others know to leave me alone during set times.
  • cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    I walk on breaks at work, about 25 minutes and I have two breaks. I try to do weights or a workout video twice a week, and spend generally about 30 minutes with those options.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    3-4 days a week.
  • antypim89
    antypim89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its he quality not the quantity of the exercise. I do a circuit in the morning usually 30- 45 mins then maybe a 10- 15 min run at night. Seems to be working so far. Sometimes a little adjustment period of letting loose can help you get motivated again. I personally allow myself one day a week to pig out (and I mean pig out) this will also be my only day I consume alcohol. Helps me get my naughty treats and keep me from loosing moral.

Hope this helps xx
  • rowlandk
    rowlandk Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I work out every morningfor an hour at 5 am. I work a full time job and a part time job and I go to school so there really wasn't any other time for me to do it. I love it though. It gets it out of the way. So total I work out 6 days a week with a rest day on Sunday.