I don't know what to do.... divorce?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• aralis36
    aralis36 Posts: 20
    Options
    Young and you 2 weren't together very long before getting married!..but people make mistakes....and sometimes follow just their heart and not their head.

Marriage takes work. Most people these days are so quick to just end it and divorce. They don't want to try to improve things or work things out. Marriage is about communication and it takes compromise and

If you think you can't be happy and this was a big mistake then do what you need to do.. but obviously you felt strongly for him or you would of never married him!
  • aralis36
    aralis36 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify that it is not because I am "bored." For about a month now I just could never look at him the same.. every little thing he did got on my nerves. BUT tonight I read all of these responses and sat back and realized that I did make a commitment before God ( yes i am a strong christian) and I just needed to think about why I married him in the first place. There is nothing wrong with him, it is me that has changed. I did have a very long conversation with him and he was sweet and understanding. We are going to get couples counseling and try and work this out. Marriage isn't just something that happens. It is a life long commitment and yes some days will be tough but through it all I have the choice to fall in love with him again everyday. And I am choosing to do so.

And to clarify to the people I upset, I am sorry. I am not an immature 19 year old. I have lived on my own since I was 17 and I finished high school and am in college ( not that those things make you mature).

But thank you everyone for the tough love and support.

I guess I just got caught up in stress of finances and the bad things marriage brings, but there is so much more worth fighting for. I loved this man 11 months ago and my heart still belongs with him!!

I just wanted to say...my level of respect for you went up about ten notches right there. Not because you're doing what I think you should...but because your reply was intelligent, well written, and though out....without an ounce of defensiveness.

My apologies if MY posts offended you. This is a subject near and dear to my heart.

Ditto!!

SOO glad to hear this! Good luck to you!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to clarify that it is not because I am "bored." For about a month now I just could never look at him the same.. every little thing he did got on my nerves. BUT tonight I read all of these responses and sat back and realized that I did make a commitment before God ( yes i am a strong christian) and I just needed to think about why I married him in the first place. There is nothing wrong with him, it is me that has changed. I did have a very long conversation with him and he was sweet and understanding. We are going to get couples counseling and try and work this out. Marriage isn't just something that happens. It is a life long commitment and yes some days will be tough but through it all I have the choice to fall in love with him again everyday. And I am choosing to do so.

And to clarify to the people I upset, I am sorry. I am not an immature 19 year old. I have lived on my own since I was 17 and I finished high school and am in college ( not that those things make you mature).

But thank you everyone for the tough love and support.

I guess I just got caught up in stress of finances and the bad things marriage brings, but there is so much more worth fighting for. I loved this man 11 months ago and my heart still belongs with him!!

I just wanted to say...my level of respect for you went up about ten notches right there. Not because you're doing what I think you should...but because your reply was intelligent, well written, and though out....without an ounce of defensiveness.

My apologies if MY posts offended you. This is a subject near and dear to my heart.

Ditto!!

SOO glad to hear this! Good luck to you!!

Seriously. I am sure it means the world to your husband. If I offended you too, I am sorry. Glad to hear you are trying to make it work.