Bump
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    Bump - want to see these. I'm considering it also. Anyone want to throw out an estimate on cost? That, besides the pain and scarring, is my main concern. I have insurance, but it doesn't cover "cosmetic surgery" even though most of my problem is due to having kids. :grumble:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I took down the access to my blog so here are the actual pics:
    before:
    DSC_9689.jpg
    DSC_9687a.jpg
    after:
    DSC_0577.jpg
    DSC_0576.jpg

scar:
    DSC_0579.jpg

and current measurements:
  • katapple
    Options
    Go to realself.com and it will give you an average price of a TT...I think it was around $8k? Most important thing is that you're comfortable with your doctor and that he/she's certified in plastics. Good luck!

My scar isn't having a good time healing, but I'm still extremely happy I no long have my flap. I recently got steroid shots to help get rid of the ridge. My befores and afters and 6 months apart :)
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would love to get something done (lipo) but I dont have any children and that would be a waste of money. Imstill young so hopefully my belly will shrink in the end
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm getting this done this upcoming Friday. It would be indecent to take before pics but it hangs nearly low enough to obstruct my genitals.

In my case it is covered by insurance. So the only out of pocket expense is the $50 copay.
  • jejackson1977
    Options
    Just had mine done in April. Almost 7 pounds of skin removed.

Pics on my blog jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com title of the post says pics.

I went to your blog and I am so inspired. I have been so afraid that I would do all this and look worse. I know it isn't about looks I do want to be healthier. I AM already much healthier but there is hope...you look AWESOME! It can be done.

I am where you were when you lost 100lbs and thought you looked great and then ... pictures.

Anyway thanks for sharing your story. It means a lot. I just want to be normal and I am SO angry with myself for not doing this sooner.
  • Sistanorfolk
    Options
    my sister had one...she said the pain was HELL but after I complete my 50 lbs I'm on my way to the Dr for a tummy tuck
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friend , if she wants it she should do it. that is the one spot after having babies that is impossible to lose .. surgery will make it all better, happy wife happy life lol
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • KFJOI4JWGOJM
    Options
    Bump
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to have a TT and my boobs done when I hit my goal weight. I will probably wait a little while to see if I can get it to tone up more but after around a 200 lb weight loss I don't think its going back.
  • RozsGurl
    RozsGurl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jessika21lynne
    Jessika21lynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just a follow up. This is a picture of my cover up now that its finished! You can't even tell there was ever a scar! :)

IMG_1077.jpg
  • katapple
    Options
    Just a follow up. This is a picture of my cover up now that its finished! You can't even tell there was ever a scar! :)

IMG_1077.jpg

Totally awesome! Maybe I should get a tattoo there, how was the pain? I am still pretty numb there...how long did you wait?
  • Jessika21lynne
    Jessika21lynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pain wasn't too horrible. I waited just over a year to start it
  • katapple
    Options
    Good to know, thanks! :) Off to look at designs!
  • krissyl72
    krissyl72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow. amazing pics to everyone who shared.... So on average.. a TT is about $8K? Do any of you know any reputable surgeons in Southern California? I've lost about 40 lbs and have that same dreadful skin hanging off of my belly...
  • katapple
    Options
    Wow. amazing pics to everyone who shared.... So on average.. a TT is about $8K? Do any of you know any reputable surgeons in Southern California? I've lost about 40 lbs and have that same dreadful skin hanging off of my belly...
    http://www.realself.com/Tummy-tuck/reviews

I think you can search for, or at least ask on the message boards, for a surgeon in SoCal. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!