Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I have always been curious.
  • deezer602482
    deezer602482 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I hope to be able to afford a tummy tuck one day. Do you ever notice celebrities never get stretch mark? Ugh. Frustrating.
  • Valentinakj2011
    Valentinakj2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing ! You all look amazing ! I'm deffinately will get one + breast lift once I reach my goal !
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    20k is a lot of money =( and I am pretty certain I'm going to end up with the skin. No kids, but I'm 29 and have been fat all my life, right now by 50 pounds. Dang that skin!!!!!!!

I love looking at the pics, everyone's procedures turned out fantastic.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a TT too but most likely after I have kids. The sad thing is my skin has stretched so much over time that I need one and I haven't even gone through childbirth!
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't really considered this until my 12lb was born 4 months ago. My skin is spent. 12lbs of baby is more than a lot of twin moms have in then at once... It looks awful.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    okay well i'm ready....i'm scheduled for my TT on 9/21/12...so happy i found this thread and will also look at another thread i saw mentioned in an earlier post.....

i have been heavy most of my life and in jan 2008 after having my 2nd child i decided it was time to get the best me possible...i started eating right and working out and set a goal to drop from 253.8 to 199 in order to consult with a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck...my initial goal was do be at 199 by 12/31/08 WELL, i didnt actually hit onederland until 12/25/10...it took me just under 3 yrs to lose the initial 54lbs in order to make my appt...i saw the surgeon who did my breast reduction (pd for by insurance in 2000) in jan 2011 at about 197lbs...i did not have a warm fuzzy feeling about him doing this surgery as he was trying to push scheduling it when i reached 185-190....my goal is to be in the 140-150 range at the "end" of my journey....i left his office feeling very deflated and set a new goal to reach the 170s by the summer and see another surgeon that a friend had used after 6 pregnancies for a tummy tuck....i put that appt off even after i hit the mid 170s in july 2011.....i have been in the 170s since....in mid dec 2011 i made the 2nd consult appt for jan 2012 with the new surgeon...my husband was laid off 3 days before christmas but i kept my appt anyway just to see what the new guy said....he was very excited about my loss (about 80lbs) and wanted to schedule the surgery then as he felt like i had done all the work on my stomach area that i could do....anyway, we didnt have the money, my husband didnt have a job and i just couldnt pull the trigger....i put it off and off and off....my hubby got a new job a few months later and i started thinking about it again....in july 2012 i called and made the surgery appt for sept 21st....both my kids have mid sept birthdays and i wanted to get past them but get it done in september still as my 40th bday is oct 13th....this is my gift to myself...i have completely changed my life with healthy eating and a great workout ethic...i have struggled with the decision to spend about $8,000 of our savings on ME....BUT decided i deserve this...this is something i have worked very hard for and we will make it work out....i'm going to get a 12month - 0% interest credit card from our bank and pay monthly for the next 11 months and have it paid off before it comes due and starts accumulating interest....i'll make the payment from what we have in our checking acct and if there isnt enough to cover the payment, i'll "borrow" from our savings....my husband and my mom are both very worried about the "surgery and anesthesia" while i'm worried about how long i'll be "down"...i have a high threshold for pain but dont want to push it and delay recovery...anyway, thanks for reading my "book" and i'll post before and after pics once i'm "done"....feel free to friend me to offer support if youve had the surgery or if you are considering it....denise
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    a great place to go for support and questions is: realself.com

:) Good luck!! The week before is the scariest, try to stay positive, you will love your results and feel silly for worrying so much!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get a new job soon and will be taking the time off in between jobs to get my tummy and tatas done. I miss boobies.

What was the recovery time like? Especially interested to hear from the mom with three short people. I have two shorties (children) and don't want to be useless to them for an extended period of time. My daughter does tend to mother me (she comes in the bathroom when I am taking a bath and tries to clean me. I don't like when she tells me to shave), so I am hoping it won't be too much fo a problem.

I miss my boob to. Size d to a. If I ever have some extra money around I would like some work done.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Somebody please tell me what "bump" means!!! :blushing:

Just something MFP users put in to save the forum for later. Makes it easier to find under "My Topics"

Thank you, I myself was wondering....
  • JessMmmkay
    Options
    bump
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • mmmcap
    mmmcap Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    have you happen to have had kids or was your stomach like that from being over weight for a long period of time? btw you look AWESOME!
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    I can't wait to see your after pics! Good luck mama!
  • casiebooth
    casiebooth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rjrn
    rjrn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sorry if these don't come out right, first time posting a pic in a forum.

Day BEFORE surgery. After losing 103 pounds.

IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg

Two weeks POSTOP.

IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg

K - Awesome pics! ...I have to say that I HATE that hanging skin when I do my planks/pushups ...I'd almost rather be chubby again!! GREAT results!!
  • michspor
    michspor Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't really considered this until my 12lb was born 4 months ago. My skin is spent. 12lbs of baby is more than a lot of twin moms have in then at once... It looks awful.

A lot of them yes, but I carried 12lb 8oz with my twins. That was my 2nd pregnancy, and my first was a 9lb 7oz baby sumo! But after the twins I continued to gain weight. I started losing when my highest hit 336. I have a LONG way to go still, at over 100lbs still to lose, and I dread how much skin will be left over afterwards. None of the ppl who have posted pix or stories, seem to have had a lot of weight loss. They either had 50 or fewer lb loss overall or they didn't state that they had more. I would love to see some that had lost 100 or more lbs. Everyone who has posted has looked awesome. Although the realization of the price is rather daunting. Not sure it'll ever happen if insurance won't help. :(
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry if these don't come out right, first time posting a pic in a forum.

Day BEFORE surgery. After losing 103 pounds.

IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg

Two weeks POSTOP.

IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg

what is in your bra? those strings hanging down look like an insulin pump, :) and those are amazing pics! wish i could afford this, all those c sections, and not taking care of myself has taken its toll :(
  • Gwendamc
    Gwendamc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!