Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Haven't had one, and probably won't but thought I would share with any fellow Canadians... Our Medicare system will pay for a tummy tuck if you lose 100lbs (they deem it medically necessary). So any Canadian ladies contemplating it and worried about the expense, talk to your doctor. :flowerforyou:
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to need a tummy tuck when it is all said and done. It looks like my pooch/pouch is going to hang on for dear life!! :mad: :sad: :mad: :sad: :mad: :sad:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    LOVE mine! It was heck to recover from but it was worth it in the long run. Reminds me to eat healthier and exercise every month when I have to pay the bill though.
  • lmcqueary
    lmcqueary Posts: 1
    Options
    Go for it!!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    more pictures please!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics, but I can tell you that 7 years later, you can't tell I even had one done - with the exception of a hairline scar from hip to hip, which is now white. Even my belly button looks great!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had one along with lipo in 2010. I'd do it all over again. My scar isnt the best and I still have no feeling and get the pins and needles sensation a lot around where the scar is. Small price to pay though for having a flat tummy for the first time in my life.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    stories are great and all but pictures are better ;P
  • Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WHEN I hit my goal weight of 120...I WILL be getting one. I know for sure that my tummy will still be sagging and the stretch marks still there.

I will be going to Thailand to get mine (along with breast implants/lift and possibly lip on my saddlebags).

The price is about 1/2 what you will pay here in the states and the reviews and hospitals are fantastic.

www.destinationbeauty.com is the company I will be using.
  • stumpycow
    stumpycow Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've had two C-sections so I'm left with The Pooch.. still new to this journey so not sure how much of the pooch will disappear but have considered that a TT might be necessary.

My only fear is losing my C-Section scar! I earned that scar during a painkiller-free delivery and I intend on holding it over my daughter's head for the rest of her life :laugh:

So my question is, does the TT remove that scar?
  • HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sitting her post op day 13. It's hard to believe that I actually had the surgery done 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Have my third post op appt with my surgeon tomorrow. He has been more excited about my results that I think I have so far. Of course, I pretty much slept the entire first week and have pretty much been in the recliner since the day of surgery. I am a Type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and I didn't want to take any chances of not healing properly.

Over the past 4.5 years, I have lost 103 lbs through diet and exercise. I was left with quite a pooch in my abdomen. I was amazed to find out after surgery, the pooch was honestly just extra skin and scar tissue from years of insulin injections - he said I barely had any subcutaneous fat. Wow! Ill take that as a compliment from a PS any day.

This is my first day to get in front of my computer, so all my pics are still on my phone. Once I'm back to getting around a little bit more, I will share. I do know that although the recovery hasn't been the easiest thing I've ever done, I don't think it has been bad enough to make me second guess my decision. Just find a doctor who has a good reputation and that you trust and follow their instructions to a T.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into its safety and the expense of getting there???? I so want a lot done when I get my weight off!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • HollyJanelle76
    Options
    Sorry if these don't come out right, first time posting a pic in a forum.

Day BEFORE surgery. After losing 103 pounds.

IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg

Two weeks POSTOP.

IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
  • HollyJanelle76
    Options
    OK, those are WAYYYYYYYY too big. I apologize for being technically challenged. But, you guys wanted pics so here these are up close and personal.
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry if these don't come out right, first time posting a pic in a forum.

I'm in trouble...my stomach is way worse than that. :( My plan is to wait a year, from about now, see what happens with the skin and then go in for a consult. I'm fairly certain that the skin removal on my stomach will be covered by insurance, but the rest of it won't.

Edited to add: my top weight was 282 so my bodies been through some hellacious stretching.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    If you want to see more pictures go to youtube. Some are hard to watch though as they are not feeling good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!