Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump - I am a victim of the nasty c-section pooch...

Me too :(
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
  • GelinaKnows
    Options
    I too had to sleep in a recliner, the pain was bad, it was right over Christmas, I had to have my drain bag in at family functions, but everyone was supportive. I had pain killers, I won it on a makeover show, like the ones that were big on tv back then? So I'm not entirely sure of the cost. One thing I DO know, my veneers on my teeth were WAAY more than the abdominoplasty!! I also had lipo on my inner & outer thighs. I've wanted a breast lift with implant (just to keep 'em the size they are now, they lose a cup when you lift) but I'm WAAY too broke! When I won I had the choice of 3 procedures, I chose tummy, teeth, & lipo. I'm glad, & I'd do it again, but ya, about 8 weeks down. I had my two daughters vaginally so idk about comparison pain, with the tuck, but probably worse to push out a baby! :)
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just had mine done in April. Almost 7 pounds of skin removed.

Pics on my blog jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com title of the post says pics.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Beautys1Tragedy
    Beautys1Tragedy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Before and 1 year after (Had some pretty bad scarring around the belly button area. Just had a little revision done the week before)

IMAG0546-1-1.jpg

Just started a cover up

389587_10150736327881577_1804116653_n.jpg

OMG!!! I absolutely effing LOVEEEE your tattoo!! I love owls. It is so beautiful!! Just thought I'd say that even tho this is totally a random comment on this forum.... Sorry guys!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I'm just curious what happens if you have the surgery and then get pregnant? Obviously you'll stretch out again, but does the skin bounce back? And are there dangers with the scar? Just something I've always been curious about.

my post: My doctor said she would only do it if I had my tubes tied at the same time so I didn´t do it. I don´t remember the reason correctly but I think it was about the skin, not the scar.
  • Jessika21lynne
    Jessika21lynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get a new job soon and will be taking the time off in between jobs to get my tummy and tatas done. I miss boobies.

What was the recovery time like? Especially interested to hear from the mom with three short people. I have two shorties (children) and don't want to be useless to them for an extended period of time. My daughter does tend to mother me (she comes in the bathroom when I am taking a bath and tries to clean me. I don't like when she tells me to shave), so I am hoping it won't be too much fo a problem.

Complete recovery took quite a while. But I was able to return to work after 10 days. My youngest was only 6 months old at the time so that took a toll on my recovery. Going 6 weeks without picking him up wasnt an option for me, not to mention he was a HUGE baby. I would say it took about 4 weeks to be able to stand up completely straight!
  • Innerautumn
    Innerautumn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am so curious about the belly button! They have to make you a new one? Does that feel funny? I am also curious about how others are saying that they develop love handles now. Is it worth the trade? Does it matter when in your weight loss journey the surgery is done? Is it better to wait to reach your goal weight?
  • mamabear23
    mamabear23 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have before/after pics of just my body in clothing in general on my blog. Once I get my official pics from my PS I'll update!

www.erinstummytuckjourney.wordpress.com
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump for looking later
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    bump
  • donna_do_good
    Options
    Check these out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3p23POcS8&feature=BFa&list=ULH91pVXrwVpo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91pVXrwVpo&feature=BFa&list=UL9KmcC1vQnsI

I'm such a surgery *kitten* it's not even funny but before I jump on the OR table I'm going to do my best to strengthen what I got since I've had no babies and the skin isn't THAT loose. I'd get the mini if anything but I want to give myself some time to shrink before doing that. I have a tattoo on my hip as well (my first one) and I'd be pretty bummed if a mini interfered with it. But who knows what'll happen in another year. Hopefully, I won't need one.

Your tummy looks fab, so do your boobies lol
  • swhite1209
    swhite1209 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love the tatt. I had thought about getting something to cover up stretch marks but figured u would be able to see them through the ink.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this for later. I was scheduled for a TT and a BA April 30th, and a week before the procedure I had to cancel due to my hip being out of place. I hurt it from running and I couldn't lay flat so I knew I couldn't recover from the surgery. I had it all planned out, time off of work and everything. I was bummed. I am planning to reschedule for October so I can enjoy my summer and maybe lose the last 5 pounds. I am curious to hear about others who have done it. I've done a lot of research but I'd be happy to see some pictures.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm considering this treatment for myself but was wondering what it was like to have it done from a patient's perspective. Does anyone have any before and after pictures after their tummy tuck?

I am a mother of 5. My last 3 were triplets. I gained 100 lbs with their pregnancy. I was a mess. I had a full tummy tuck. They sewed up all my muscles and took off a ton of skin. I also had umbilical hernia. Everything look pretty awful. When the triplets were two we hired a nanny and I had the surgery. I will be honest....it was difficult for me. I had an easier time recoverying from 3 c-sections than I did the tummy tuck. BUT I am so glad that I had it done!! My stomach is very, very flat. My belly button looks very tiny and a little strange. The Dr. explained that it was because of the hernia. He couldn't do much to "save" it and make it look natural. But I don't wear bikinis so it's not important.

I do not have any pictures to share. Sorry about that. If you get the surgery be sure to take it easy and block out a lot of time to recover!!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss and the fantastic new look!
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    What is the cost of a tummy tuck and how much down time is needed??? For those who have done it how long after you lost the weight did you wait to have it done??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!