Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I scheduled my consultation, the only thing I thought was that this surgeon is going to think I'm an idiot for coming in now because I wasn't quite to my goal weight. But, I was having so many issues with my insulin pump, I still went in. He was very reassuring and discussed my weight loss goals and my plateau and how my body wasn't going to change a whole lot more without the surgical assistance. Also, since we were also dealing with the diabetes issue, my health was "top notch" and both the surgeon and my endocrinologist cleared me. But, insurance didn't cover a penny. I had medical necessity all over me with the insulin pump issue and had recommendations from both MD's. I even sent a 3 page letter explaining how my life had changed since I started taking care of my health and basically how much money I saved the insurance company by not needing meds for obesity related issues. But, no, they refused. But it was OK with me. I knew I'd have to have it either way. Insurance can be very tricky in what they actually cover. So, just make sure you are open and upfront with them. It's the best thing I could of done. He removed over "a foot and a half" of skin. I think it was a compliment when the surgeon told me he was surprised, but it was all skin and scar tissue and I had barely any subcutaneous fat. But, I have been extra cautious in the healing process since I do have diabetes and not an exercise yet. But, I have kept my diet in line and when I had my endo follow up yesterday, all my labs were excellent and I was down another 8 lbs. I'm looking forward to moving onto the next chapter. First, I've got to get cleared for exercise because I have another half marathon coming up in January.
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    I had my tummy tuck done 4 years ago and would do it again in a hearbeat. I had my twins first and then my son. I've attempted to add a few pics here. A few of them are right after the surgery so keep that in mind (in case you are eating) :)

Preop:
    tt1.jpg

tt2.jpg

Post op 5 days

tt3.jpg

Post-op 6 days

tt4.jpg

6 weeks bikini
    tt6.jpg

5 months post-op
    tt5.jpg

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me!
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I scheduled my consultation, the only thing I thought was that this surgeon is going to think I'm an idiot for coming in now because I wasn't quite to my goal weight. But, I was having so many issues with my insulin pump, I still went in. He was very reassuring and discussed my weight loss goals and my plateau and how my body wasn't going to change a whole lot more without the surgical assistance. Also, since we were also dealing with the diabetes issue, my health was "top notch" and both the surgeon and my endocrinologist cleared me. But, insurance didn't cover a penny. I had medical necessity all over me with the insulin pump issue and had recommendations from both MD's. I even sent a 3 page letter explaining how my life had changed since I started taking care of my health and basically how much money I saved the insurance company by not needing meds for obesity related issues. But, no, they refused. But it was OK with me. I knew I'd have to have it either way. Insurance can be very tricky in what they actually cover. So, just make sure you are open and upfront with them. It's the best thing I could of done. He removed over "a foot and a half" of skin. I think it was a compliment when the surgeon told me he was surprised, but it was all skin and scar tissue and I had barely any subcutaneous fat. But, I have been extra cautious in the healing process since I do have diabetes and not an exercise yet. But, I have kept my diet in line and when I had my endo follow up yesterday, all my labs were excellent and I was down another 8 lbs. I'm looking forward to moving onto the next chapter. First, I've got to get cleared for exercise because I have another half marathon coming up in January.

I can't believe the insurance company didn't pick up any of the cost. That really stinks. So did you have to finance it? I know that my insurance has pretty strict guidelines for covering the surgery, I meet two out of the three but I think the most important one is the complications from it such as rash, etc. and I don't get anything like that. I want to wait another year, see what it does on it's own before I make a decision about it, but after seeing the pics on here and knowing what my tummy looks like...eek. I don't think it'll spring back :(
  • HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, I had just finished paying off my car, so I used a check on a card that was no interest for a year. So, this will be my car note for the next year. Just crossing my fingers nothing big breaks.
  • mc5daisies
    mc5daisies Posts: 14
    Options
    Before and 1 year after (Had some pretty bad scarring around the belly button area. Just had a little revision done the week before)

IMAG0546-1-1.jpg

Just started a cover up

389587_10150736327881577_1804116653_n.jpg

crazy! but cool... :)
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, I had just finished paying off my car, so I used a check on a card that was no interest for a year. So, this will be my car note for the next year. Just crossing my fingers nothing big breaks.

Nice idea...I'll have to keep that in mind :)
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Before and 1 year after (Had some pretty bad scarring around the belly button area. Just had a little revision done the week before)

IMAG0546-1-1.jpg

Just started a cover up

389587_10150736327881577_1804116653_n.jpg

ooooo i love that tattoo!!
  • DevonLigotti
    DevonLigotti Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My tummy tuck (the after pics are only 3 weeks out!)

Before at about 190 pounds:
    fat.jpg

my tummy after at about 125:
    415746-310306.jpg

3 weeks post-tuck:
    021512165132.jpg

For more pics i have a thread i started called: "Had my tummy tuck,the right choice for ME."
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Have before and afters but don't know how to post photo's.....can anyone help?
  • hyphenbobbit
    Options
    Have found photobucket and uploaded pics but no idea what to do now - can anyone help?
  • hyphenbobbit
    Options
    Aha - cracked it!!

Before pic is after 3 kids and I also had diversification of the muscles, hence the big bulge from the chest. I would do it again in a second. the pain wasn't too bad and is soon forgotten (a bit like labour!!)

If you're thinking about it though make sure you get a reputable surgeon.

002-Copy.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Aha - cracked it!!

Before pic is after 3 kids and I also had diversification of the muscles, hence the big bulge from the chest. I would do it again in a second. the pain wasn't too bad and is soon forgotten (a bit like labour!!)

If you're thinking about it though make sure you get a reputable surgeon.

002-Copy.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

wow fabulous transformation, wish I could afford one!!! twins did a number on me.
  • ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i want one! After we have our next child,my hubby and i decided I will get a 'mommy makeover' to include a tummy tuck & breast implants!
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wow love the tat and congrats on the weight loss!! Good for you!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am so hoping to join the thread of pictures some time next year. You all look awesome.
  • SarBear00b
    Options
    All of these post are making me so much more excited to reach my goal!!! Thx guys!
  • SarBear00b
    Options
    Looks amazing!!!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Did the doctor "save" your belly buttons or make you new belly buttons? (I have a mental image of a giant quilting needle--ouch)
  • hyphenbobbit
    Options
    lol. They cut your belly button out and keep it safe. Then once they've pulled the skin down and got rid of the excess (sounds gruesome doesn't it) then they make an incision and stitch your button back in - if you look closely you'll see the faint white line around the button which is the stitch scar.

Before having mine done I did watch the procedure on line as I wanted to know exactly what would happen - worth a go if you're not sqeemish!
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!