Share Your Tummy Tuck? Post your Before and After Pic

Options

Replies

• rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    At 19 is it awful that I've already looked into this? I went up 4 dress sizes while pregnant and lost over 60lbs in total from having my son in 2010.
    My stomach is disgusting and I really hate it, my doctor even said I had the worst stretchmarks he had ever seen! Not what you want to hear at 17 eh?

However, just now I'm saving for a wedding as the sides of my stomach are pretty flat and it's just at my c-section pooch.

Once I'm married, me and the OH want one more kid and afterwards I'm getting boobs and a tummy tuck. I can wait about 6 years ... maybe. Probably not.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My belly pooch was from having twins and I'm only 5'1 so that was a LOT of stretching. 10 years ago I had a tummy tuck. No lipo, just skin removal and tightening the abdominal muscles. Hurt like hell, I took off 2 weeks of work, and even then it was hard to make it through a whole day of work for a while. But I don't regret it for a minute.

My scar is now white and completely flat. No bumps or bulges above or below. Talk to several surgeons, don't go with the first one. I was lucky, a friend of mine is a nurse, so I secretly interviewed 4 docs, narrowed it down to 2, then asked her for her opinion and it really agreed with mine so the decision was easy. DON'T go with a doctor who promises perfect results. They really can't promise how your body will heal, go with a doc who promises reality and gives you all the possibilities. Mine ended up about as close to perfect as you can get, but I was fully prepared to have to deal with worse scarring, or even skin puckers at the ends.

Good luck!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    At 19 is it awful that I've already looked into this? I went up 4 dress sizes while pregnant and lost over 60lbs in total from having my son in 2010.
    My stomach is disgusting and I really hate it, my doctor even said I had the worst stretchmarks he had ever seen! Not what you want to hear at 17 eh?

However, just now I'm saving for a wedding as the sides of my stomach are pretty flat and it's just at my c-section pooch.

Once I'm married, me and the OH want one more kid and afterwards I'm getting boobs and a tummy tuck. I can wait about 6 years ... maybe. Probably not.

The PS I saw would not let you have a TT if you said you were going to get pregnant again. Besides, would you want to stretch it out all over again??
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a tummy tuck (no kids for me) but I see that a lot of women said they wanted the get the implant/tummy tuck combo after weight loss and/or after children.

I did get implants after I lost all of my breasts from weight loss. It was by far the best decision I ever made. I'd have cosmetic surgery again in a heartbeat if I needed something fixed. I know that the surgeon I went to offers a "Mommy makeover" which is a breast lift or implants along with a tummy tuck.

Good luck to all :flowerforyou:
  • make_meup
    make_meup Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want one too.. I had 4c sections plus over weight,my stomach is not pretty.. but snice I had so many sections is it safe n will it b easier cuz of the previous c sections??
  • Jessika21lynne
    Jessika21lynne Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I completely understand. I was 19 when I had my first and then lost 80 lbs. It took me until I was 25, but I finally got my tummy tuck!
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just a follow up. This is a picture of my cover up now that its finished! You can't even tell there was ever a scar! :)

IMG_1077.jpg

:love: :blushing: stunning..
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I want one too.. I had 4c sections plus over weight,my stomach is not pretty.. but snice I had so many sections is it safe n will it b easier cuz of the previous c sections??

Obviously you'll want to talk to a doctor, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. My PS cut below my c-section scar and completely removed it to make way for another bright shiny scar ;)
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have considered this but I am totally frightened. I do not like being put under (never had) and I am so sacred I won't wake up. I have a bit of loose skin from two Cs but the more I work out, the more the skin shrinks. I'm going to keep working as hard as I can. Love the pics though. Keep 'em coming!
  • krissyl72
    krissyl72 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How do you post pictures on here??
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Ballmom22
    Options
    my wife is debating this, I rather her really work out hard and get to her place of happiness, but she works 12 hour shifts and is often to tired to work out.

This might be an option for her

**If she has skin issues there is not enough working out in the world to make her belly the way she would want it** Having said that you have to maintain it like any other plastic sugery because you can certainly mess it up.
  • tacormier
    tacormier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck done 1 and 1/2 years ago. It was the best thing I have ever done for myself (aside from having my 2 children). The money was worth every penny. Every day I look in the mirror and love the way my stomach looks. I still need to lose weight on my legs and butt, but my stomach is as flat as it can get. I had liposuction done on my "love handles" as well and muscle repair. I was doing small chores after 3or 4 days and was back to work in 2 weeks (secretary job - it was hard but I managed). After 3 weeks I was feeling much better. I had 2 c-sections and the pain was 100 times worse with those than with a tummy tuck. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. If anyone is interested in knowing anything else, just send me a message and I would be glad to answer any more questions.
  • starrlette
    Options
    Bump
  • 26andholding
    Options
    Such a big bump...thinking of starting a family soon, and hubby has NO idea what pregnancy can do to a woman's body. I have worked hard to stay slim and am terrified of having kids (the process as well as the body changes!). I told him about mommy tummy and he didn't believe me. *sigh*
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    PLEASE check out yor surgeons past work and ask lots of questions. Do internet searches on them, look on forums, chat to past patients!

I say this as someone who has had to see many terrible results from inexperienced surgeons/ ones who don't do a great many TT's and make a mess.

In the UK look for BAAPS members (PM me if you want to know about any of them, I know a few of them and OH is a council member there)

And most importantly, do what makes you happy!!!:flowerforyou:
  • trinaburk
    trinaburk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • slynn28
    Options
    Just a follow up. This is a picture of my cover up now that its finished! You can't even tell there was ever a scar! :)

IMG_1077.jpg

:love: :blushing: stunning..

yr tattoos are awesome.. i take it you wont be having anymore kids.. or a kid? not sure if youre a mom.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!