I like skinny/fit girls...

Options

Replies

• tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    perhaps the "i like big girls" thread is still up as reassurance? some girls don't have the frame to be skinny, and some might just need that little bit of faith put in them that they are beautiful to others regardless of their body shape/frame/size.

Never underestimate the power of reassurance when someone has hit a plateau.

And appreciate that sometimes, just sometimes, a comment like that could make a "fat" girl feel inadequate as a person and not as a sexual object. Your size does not determine how nice a person you are and bigger girls (or skinny girls on the other board) shouldn't be made to feel like outcasts.

I understand that no one should be made to feel left out. I don't feel left out, I'm not a skinny/fit girl, but I'm working to be a fit girl. The only reason I have a problem with people picking on him is because I don't hear everyone bashing when someone says I love the fat girls. Every person needs positive reassurance, it's something everyone wants.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that....
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4yra8u6b31qcmi0to1_500.jpg
  • emmlovesyewx3
    Options
    lots of "skinny" girls aren't even fit though, most of them die after running a block.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    So what---Skinny Girls are a dime a dozen.
  • Kendrawinn
    Kendrawinn Posts: 160
    Options
    :sad:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Is the point of this topic simply to cause arguments and get it locked?

lol i think so especially when the op posts just to keep it on the page....
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why this would get locked.
    How is it that you (and lots of other men) having a preference sooooo hurtful to those who aren't skinny or fit? It doesn't mean those women are ugly, it just means you aren't attracted to them. News flash: not everyone is going to be attracted to you at ANY size. You can't appeal to every one so get over it. Look the way you want to look for yourself, anyway.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to their own opinion.

I love that everyone likes different types of people. Some like big girls, some like small girls. It's perfect! :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    So what---Skinny Girls are a dime a dozen.

So I guess that makes the big ones a bakers dozen?
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like upsetting people on the internet.

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD win:drinker:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Skinny AND fit is a rarity in my opinion. I guess it depends on an individual's subjective definition of what fit means. I'll never be skinny unless I starve myself because I just have too much muscle mass. I'm lean (by most standards) and I'm fit but not skinny.

I think everyone has a different idea of skinny, 'cause if you're pick is you I totally think you're skinny (and looking kinda awesome!). It's a subjective word.

It is me and thank you :)

Isn't she amazing! I envy her :heart:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why this would get locked.
    How is it that you (and lots of other men) having a preference sooooo hurtful to those who aren't skinny or fit? It doesn't mean those women are ugly, it just means you aren't attracted to them. News flash: not everyone is going to be attracted to you at ANY size. You can't appeal to every one so get over it. Look the way you want to look for yourself, anyway.

Personally I am not at all offended or hurt by it. But seriously this topic on this fitness forum has been beat to death. Leave the freaking horse alone already lol. Sure everyone's "type" is different. We get it, and I don't really care. It's just getting annoying that the forums are just a bunch of stupid arguments and repeats of the same topic
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Skinny AND fit is a rarity in my opinion. I guess it depends on an individual's subjective definition of what fit means. I'll never be skinny unless I starve myself because I just have too much muscle mass. I'm lean (by most standards) and I'm fit but not skinny.

I think everyone has a different idea of skinny, 'cause if you're pick is you I totally think you're skinny (and looking kinda awesome!). It's a subjective word.

It is me and thank you :)

Isn't she amazing! I envy her :heart:

Awww--you're so sweet!! You melt my heart.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    perhaps the "i like big girls" thread is still up as reassurance? some girls don't have the frame to be skinny, and some might just need that little bit of faith put in them that they are beautiful to others regardless of their body shape/frame/size.

Never underestimate the power of reassurance when someone has hit a plateau.

And appreciate that sometimes, just sometimes, a comment like that could make a "fat" girl feel inadequate as a person and not as a sexual object. Your size does not determine how nice a person you are and bigger girls (or skinny girls on the other board) shouldn't be made to feel like outcasts.

I understand that no one should be made to feel left out. I don't feel left out, I'm not a skinny/fit girl, but I'm working to be a fit girl. The only reason I have a problem with people picking on him is because I don't hear everyone bashing when someone says I love the fat girls. Every person needs positive reassurance, it's something everyone wants.

^^!!!

Let's not practise reverse discrimination here.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Way would it get locked..I mean its your right right? lol

I prefer guys that aren't douche's and that appearance is only secondary to what really matters

Are you trying to imply he's a 'douche' because he has a preference? Where did he say appearance is primary?

Don't you have preferences?
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options

Let's not practise reverse discrimination here.

there is no such thing as reverse discrimination; it's all discrimination.

and we all discriminate because discriminate simply means to separate one thing from another.

I prefer tall, lean men. but my lovenugget is average height & weight. I also prefer foreigners, but he's American. Does that mean I love him less? HELL NO! I love him for him and I think he's hot even though he wouldn't fit what I would describe as my "ideal."

There's way more to attraction than what we dictate to ourselves and others.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    The problem is not with people having personal tastes, the problem is that you feel the need to announce it, unasked, on a forum full of people insecure about their weight.

Yes, I had the same problem with the skinny bashing on the I like big girls thread.

Basically, it's not to do with the fact you prefer certain types of girls, but rather that you objectify women by coming onto a thread unprovoked and announce "I like *insert body type* girls".

It suggests that you care more about women's looks than their personalities. (You could have said, "I like women that love to work out as much as me, I love women that take an interest in health and fitness, I love women that share my goals - but no, you just want one that looks the part)

It isolates and alienates girls that don't fit into your category - when no one asked you your opinion.

When threads like this are written it makes women feel inadequate, and makes many feel like they have to have the perfect body according to the OP.

Topics like this open up the floor for body shaming, pitting women against each other, general rudeness.

It's pretty misogynistic because it is A/ essentially judging a group of women on their bodies and B/encouraging others to do the same.

Yes, it does make women with a different body type feel bad. And you can't say the classic "if you don't like don't read" because it's right there in the title and pops up on the screen. It's not about being PC, stop to consider you might actually upset someone, especially on a website full of people sensitive about the subject.

So yeah, it's fine to have personal tastes and opinions, but women are so so so much more than sexual objects, we don't need people like you, or the "big girls" OP, telling us that our bodies are our main worth and stating your standards.

Guess what? None of us here want to date you, so why the hell do we care what gets you off?
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my pinky is skinny too, I try to ensure that my women are no bigger than my thigh at their biggest point. I think that's fair.

Even at my skinniest, I don't think I'll ever be smaller than my fiance's thigh, and he has really nice thick thighs..
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Yes, we all like pats on the head but not everyone looks for or wants it from strangers on the internet. I do agree with what you're saying I just think members take things like this too seriously at times. I've done it myself, not proud of it but it happens. I try to learn from it. :)