Poll: How often do you step on the scale?

Options
Just curious how often everyone steps on the scale and why you step on it that frequently or less frequently?

Replies

• qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Once a week, every friday morning. I started stepping on it multiple times a day and I was driving myself insane!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Every single day. But only one time per day, and directly after I wake up and use the restroom. Those people weighing multiple times per day are a bit mental, LOL.

I have over 600 days of daily weights logged in a spreadsheet.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Once a week to twice a month (never when I have my period though). Just to keep myself in check because I'm in maintenance mode now. I really try not to focus on the number but rather on: my body fat percentage, waist size and how my clothes are fitting.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1x week, don't want to stress on it
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day...I only record once a week but if I walk past the scale I generally weigh myself. I like that it is either a pat on the back for my hard work or a push to work harder.
  • striveforhealthy
    striveforhealthy Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I usually step on my bestfriends scale whenever I am at her house for our walks in the evenings. But I don't record that weight, because it is in the middle of the day and any water or other stuff will show a difference in the weight.
    I weigh myself for the record on Sat. mornings before I go for my morning walk/jog. So it is the most accurate and it is always at nearly the same time of day.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Every morning, BUT I know my weight goes up on the weekends (more salty snacks) and down during the week (workouts), so I only take it seriously on Friday mornings. I can move up and down 3 pounds inside a week, but Friday to Friday is my true indicator of progress.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Every morning right after I wake up, its not about the number on there for me any more but I'm still curious and like to track the change in weight through the month. If it messed with how I felt about myself I would take a step back and probably only weigh once every two weeks.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Usually every morning because I like to. I only log when I see a loss.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Once a week. Twice if I'm anxious
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Usually once a week. Sometimes, I "peek" midweek, but I only record the weight I get the morning after my rest day.
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Once every week or two. Too much fluctuation during the course of a single day (that would drive me nuts) and as I'm approaching my target, I'm becoming less concerned about daily updates.

That said, I will weigh in out of sequence if it's a race day. I just like to have a bit more accuracy in the calculation/approximation of calorie burn numbers.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm a scale junkie. I do it every morning and when I get home from work. Can't help myself.
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    couple of times a day but i only log once a week on wednesday/ thursday morning
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Weekly, Friday mornings. We have a service called "Lifescale" at work where you weigh in once a week and get points toward a best buy gift card. It tracks weight and body fat. I don't have a scale at home.
  • AshlyRamos
    AshlyRamos Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Every morning before my shower. I log a couple times a week, but really only compare the #s every Thursday to see my weekly changes. :)
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    every morning, just so i know what's going on with my weight. otherwise, weigh in day may show me something untrue - i could just be up or down for that ONE day. but i see why people do it less frequently. personal choice i guess.
    :)
  • jacksb1971
    jacksb1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday morning.
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    every other day in the morning, but i only log in my weight on friday mornings ..because when i first started, i began on a friday morning.