Poll: How often do you step on the scale?

Options

Replies

• lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Every single day.

I have over 600 days of daily weights logged in a spreadsheet.

^^^ This ^^^^ though I'm only on day 265. I love watching how my food/exercise affect my weight the next day.
  • markyb1977
    markyb1977 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    was weighing myself each morning... stopped that... as it got me down at times, when it went up.

eventually got some new scales that work, whacked them on the solid floor too.

Makes all the difference, I used to get on the old ones on the softer floor upstairs and they could vary by over 3lb each time i stood on them.

The new ones, same reading EVERY time I step on them, no doubt in my mind they are spot on.

TIP, get glass topped ones, that are SOLID, not these flimsy plastic ones.
    Use them on a hard floor, and try to weigh first thing in the morning following a toilet break! for consistency.

Works well for me.

Im down to weighing once to twice a week now, which keeps me on top of my motivation and gives me something to look forward to regularly regardless of the actual result!

:-)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I step every morning but I only log on Wednesday mornings. It also doesn't bother me to see the flux during the week.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    2-3 times per day. I'm a bit obsessive about it.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Once a week on Monday morning.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Daily. Helps me understand all the fluctuations.

I'm a geek though, and like to look at all those fluctuations.

I "weigh in" Sunday mornings.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of this, I was weighing every day. I got it in my head that I'd do better if I tried it once a week. Then that turned to once a month... Needless to say, the weight loss stalled. I have recently started doing it every day again, because for me that's when I see results.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Typically once every 3-4 weeks, but for the past few weeks it has been every week. Never more than once a week.
  • lowry12
    lowry12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    once a month
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Every day in order to thin my hair by ripping it out. :wink:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I shower. I graph daily to watch the trends.I fluctuate about 4 pounds up/down during the week. It doesn't bother me or ruin my day when the number is up. I am getting pretty good at predicting what the number will be!
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Monday morning, but step on the scale at least once every morning, and some nights too.
  • spigenerb
    spigenerb Posts: 29
    Options
    I log my weight everyday at the gym. In the morning at the same time wearing the same type of clothes.
  • notnormallyacaloriecounter
    Options
    i've been told and read that you shouldn't every day because it fluctuates so much day to day. if the scale is there i will weigh myself multiple times a day, however, my boyfriend hides it from me until it's time for my weekly weigh in and i actually kind of prefer it that way. lol
  • KrystleKiri
    KrystleKiri Posts: 135
    Options
    every friday morning. sometimes I have to push myself to even do that... I get so nervous, I don't want anything to do with it. I hide it high up in the closet during the rest of the week.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Monday mornings.
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    3-5 mornings per week. I only log increases if they last for more than 3-4 days. I log decreases everytime I see them.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week, on Thursday mornings, but I do hop on the scale a few more times during the week, to see if I'm on track, or how bad my weekend was.
  • Penelope10201
    Penelope10201 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was stepping on the scale everyday..but it fluctuated too much. So Once a week on the same day works for me now. I have to say though..it's taking me 3weeks to see a weight loss...which is aggravating..but i will lose 3-4lbs. I just have to be patient and make the right food choices and it will eventually pay off...not as fast as I would like..but than again--i'm not consistent in exercise yet either!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Every morning.