Poll: How often do you step on the scale?

Options

Replies

• Ady0092
    Ady0092 Posts: 86
    Options
    Everyday!
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning and every night. I wish I could do it less because I think I would lose more weight if I didn't know exactly where I was at, but I kind of have to do it as an OCD habit I guess. :blushing:
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I like to see to daily variations and speculate as to their cause.
  • kay155
    kay155 Posts: 3
    Options
    every am:smile:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale once every 3; but it used to be once in morning and once at night smh..
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Every day, before I get dressed in the morning
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Tuesday mornings. I measure every two weeks.
  • Nanapamy1
    Nanapamy1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I do the same thing seems to be working for you.
  • Angiecsc
    Angiecsc Posts: 1
    Options
    Every morning and every evening before dinner to remind me to keep myself in check!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Every day first thing in the morning, but not on weekends - because I eat a bit more on weekends and the weight is meaningless and is gone by Monday.

Every so often I weigh myself a second time later in the day, if my morning weight is unexpectedly high and might be just water retention.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I've only just started weighing myself regularly one time a week. Monday is my official day, but I'm thinking of maybe switching to Fridays because of very minor weekend splurging and I don't work out as much over the weekend as during the week.

It drives me crazy though! Every time I see the scale in the bathroom I want to jump on it, but I have to restrain myself.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. But I got obsessed over the number on the scale and not how I felt and looked, so I put the scale away under the sink. I haven't weighed myself in months, except when I was weighed during a doctor's visit.

I would like to weigh myself more frequently, just because I'm the weird scientific type that likes to track numbers like that (and to put things into excel spread sheets so I can make graphs. I'm weird, I know), but I obsess over the number way too much. Since I'm trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle and not necessarily lose weight, its better for me mentally not to weigh myself.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    once a week, friday morning
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Once a month. I don't own scales so only weigh myself when I'm in my parents.

Also makes me feel good when I see a bigger difference than 0.5-1lb a week., or sometimes none every so often.

I do body test thing on Wii fit, but I find it to be very inacurrate, gaining as much as 8lbs one day then losing 6lb the next, even when I do it the same time every day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Usually daily. Sometimes multiple times a day. But I don't stress about the number. Weighing myself often helped me recognize fluctuation patterns.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    1X every morning. Log only when its a loss
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    When ever I fell like it. Usually shortly after wake up, straight out of the shower. If I tell the scale to log me, that's another question.

Official weight is once a month at the doc's office, since the scale is just an evil machine, that only tells a small part of the picture.
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    Every day. It is a helpful reminder. I don't stress if I gain a bit for water weight or because I had a big dinner late at night. It is good motivation no matter what the scale shows everyday. If it's gone up a bit I'm motivated to have a good day to 'correct' it. If it's gone down I'm motivated to have a good day to keep it up. If it is exactly the same I'm motivated to have a good day to keep it going down.
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Everyday, but only one time an thats 1st thing of a morning. Never when I'm on a period becuase that would just totally discourage me with the fluctuations during that time. I do some weeks forget so that would become once a week on a Sat morning :0)