5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• I am also 5'3 and started at 162. This was just a little over 2 months ago and I have gotten to 149. I am super excited and can't wait to lose more!!
    I just added cardio and workout classes that r offered at the gym. Cut out all flour, pastas, juice, soda, and as much sugar as I can.

I tried to add a picture but don't know how.
  • selabella25
    selabella25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. this is my second attempt at getting my weight down. I started my journey three years ago at 140 and started walking, then running and eventually running and doing bootcamps. 1.5yrs later i weighted 118 pounds and looked and felt amazing. So i ran in a marathon where i hurt my knee. I was fortunate to have no serious damage but had to stop working out for 6 months. 6 months turned into a year and i have gained all my weight back.

I started working out again 2 months ago with the attitude that if i went to the gym everyday the results would follow. My workouts started with slow walks for 30min, then i moved to the elliptical for 30min, then i added weights and now i do cardio for an hour and weights for 30min, 5 days a week. I dropped two pant sizes and i feel amazing. Results do not happen over night. You need to show up and put in the work. Also take care of your body, eating lots of fruit, veggies, whole foods and hydrate. Get your friends involved- you will keep each other on track. Don't quit on yourself. If you put in the time you will see results! That's a fact!

SW- 140
    CW- 133
    GW- 115
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

My Goal!!!!

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

holy cow you look amazing!!! I'm 5'3 and my new goal will be to look you :D
  • zen1910
    zen1910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Wow You look so amazing - Can you share some of your weight training tips?? :smile:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

OMG, you look TERRIFIC. If weight training can do that I guess I will just have to do it.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to post pictures here but I'm 5'3" and the heaviest I got to was 158lbs. I got down to 128lbs by just rotating jillian micheals dvds and eating clean about 80% of the time. It took about a year and a half. I have done other programs since then like les mills pump, chalean extreme, half of jillians body revolution. Right now I just started insanity.
  • gettingthere1991
    Options
    I'm 5'3.25 and 139.8

I started at 175.

I got down to 130 about 4 years ago. I was a size 6/5. I was pretty skinny and felt good there. Fast forward a year: I went back up to 155. Started eating healthy again and got down to 148. Was constantly stuck at 148-146 for a long time. For two years I've been between 143-148. I've gotten down to 142 and then I'd go back up to 145, I've probably done that at least 12 times by now.

Now, I am running 5 miles again (what I did before when I lost the weight), and it's coming off pretty fast. Getting into 130s has been amazingly hard, but FINALLY there.

Except tomorrow is my birthday so that screws it all up, but I could probably eat a few more calories and not have all my results vanish. I am super proud of myself for FINALLY getting below the 140s. I look so good at 135, and that's when all the last few inches come off on my waist and my arms.
  • gettingthere1991
    Options
    I guess everyone is different? Just weird since we are around the same height. I can't imagine it being healthy for me to be in the low 120s or it looking good. :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!