5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• libbybond
    libbybond Posts: 36
    Options
    Wow ! Are we twins? Except our ages
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'3" and currently 148lbs. At my heaviest I was 172lbs.

I've always enjoyed exercise but could eat for Britain and have a tendency to gorge on all the bad stuff.

At my lightest I've been 140lbs but then it just creeps up and it seems that my body wants to be 150lbs which I'm not happy with.

Thankfully, I seem to carry weight well and look lighter than I actually am but it would be nice to wear pencil skirts and not A-line all the time. I carry my weight on my legs and bum.

Am currently getting back into exercising more and logging what I eat, keeping a food diary is the only 'diet' that's ever worked for me. I try to make healthier food choices but don't deprive myself of anything.

Also going to get back into weights again as thankfully my body responds really well to lifting and I love heavy squats (ok so that doesn't help my fat *kitten* but at least it'll be a strong fat *kitten*!).
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'3 I was about 170 lbs but am now down to 154 and still trying to reach my goal of 135!! and more after I do reach my goal mostly toning.

I am on a 1,200 diet it took me about 3 weeks to actually see changes in myself and scale, I go to the gym every night do at least an hour of cardio, I'm starting to do more weights now but I hadn't been.

I do stil eat sweets and everything if it's within my calorie limit and I think today I'm going to start doing jillian michaels SHRED, feel free to add me ! :)
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

I LOVE YOUR BODY.
  • Vsez
    Vsez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'm 5'2.5", 161 lbs. I'm looking to lose fat & gain muscle. Been doing strength training for a little over a month. Really hoping for great results, although I know it won't happen over night. Always looking to encourage others & get encouragement in return. Feel free to add me.
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm 5"3 I weight myself last week at 175lbs, I am aiming to lose 50lbs. I was just wondering if any girls out there been same/similar weight and lost the same/similar or in the process of!

I have been jogging on the C25K for a week, having a bad week so starting week 1 again to build myself up for monday beeing week 2! Anyway I saw my aunt the other day and she hadn't seen me in about 5 days and she said to me "Gosh Alicia I only saw you 5 days ago you look like you've lost a few lbs" - But I don't want to weight myself yet, i'm doing 3 weeksly weighins... Got 2 weeks till my next weigh.

In 4 days I will have completed my first year on MFP....I am 5' 3.75"....My initial goal....lose 27lbs to fit back into my clothes....but I have surpassed that and have happily been buying clothes 3 sizes smaller :-)....I attribute my success to three key factors....commitment to MFP-I have been logging for almost 365 days including being on maintenance since Aug 2012. I don't anticipate stopping. Being accountable works for me. #2 Cardio and Strength Training...the regiment that has worked for me that I believe in-6-7 days a week of cardio. My choices are either 3 mile power walks or 4-5 miles on the elliptical. For strength training I rotate through Jillian Michaels Shred and Ripped tapes 5 days a week. #3Healthy food choices. I eat everything, but the stuff I know will bust my calorie count, I eat small portions and eat lots of veggies. I will focus on my plate being 80% healthy veggies and 20% the rest of the good comfort foods...it works....I eat a heck of a lot less calories this way and am always full.

Good luck to you....I am 45 years old, with no functioning thyroid due to it being treated when I was 19 with radio active iodine for hyperthyroidism. So....if I can do it....anyone can...it is truly a matter of balancing your calorie count...oh and I always eat back my excercise burned calories....no starving this body cause that just slows the metabolism even more.

Lose on!

:-)
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • VickyLou89
    Options
    Hi, I know the initial post is an old one, but I'm willing to share my story...I warn you, I do go on a bit!

I'm 5'2'', and first went on a diet at age 13 (I'm currently 23), to ensure I fitted into a bridesmaid dress that had started to get a teeny bit tight for me - victory, after Mum fed me well for a couple of months I comfortably fit into it again.

But then I've continued to have a slight obsession with how I look, trying various diets (and failing). Before I went to uni, I was under the illusion I was fat (between size 8-10, closer to the 10 side) and thought I had chunky thighs. My starting weight at uni was between 8 and 8 1/2 stone, a weight my doctor told me was perfect for my height. But then I put on some pounds at uni, as many people do, and managed the summer after that first year to lost the weight.
    But nothing could prepare me for my second year at uni, where I was within dangerously close walking distance from many fast food places, and I took full advantage of that, all of the time.
    Before I knew it, I had crept up to 10st 4lb (144lb) and I was buying size 14 clothes. I knew something had to be done, and started calorie counting.

The weight slowly started coming off, and I lost a bit of weight between 2nd and 3rd year, and continued to slowly lose more in my 3rd year (I joined a gym with a friend and tried to go 3 times a week - every little helps). When I finished uni and found out I would be graduating, I joined my local gym at home, and before I made the effort to find a job (it took me a few months), I would make it to the gym 4 times a week. I had various administrator jobs after that, and usually managed the gym 3 times a week. For my graduation in November 2011 I managed to fit back into the size 8 bridesmaid dress from September 2003!

For the last 6 months or so, I've been wearing size 8 clothes again mostly, but certain shops have odd sizing, so I occasionally need a 10.

<<<<<<< My profile picture shows my change in shape - the picture on the left taken in October 2010, wearing a size 14 dress (although I admit it was slightly big around the boobs!), and the picture on the right was taken in December last year, with me proudly wearing a size 8 dress. I had never put together a comparison picture before, but boy did it make me feel good?!

I only have 3lb to shift now, which I'm attempting via the fasting diet (5:2), so hopefully I can then focus on toning up - I neglected weights at the gym for a considerable part of my journey, now I'm trying to catch up and see results!

:)
  • djack18
    djack18 Posts: 14
    Options
    BUMP
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Can you share what your weight training program is/was? You look great!

I agree with all OP- You look amazing and Please share your weight training tips!
  • Pkeenan1229
    Pkeenan1229 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump!

I'm 5'2"
    SW 173
    CW 164
    GW 120

feel free to add me :-) Pls send a message with it!
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amazing motivation thread.

I'm 5'2', 138lbs, 36', 28', 44'

Goal weight of 120lbs.

W3FasVC.jpg
    sE150bR.png
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Can you share what your weight training program is/was? You look great!

I agree with all OP- You look amazing and Please share your weight training tips!

Amazing! How did you tone butt/thighs?
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Holy crap, you look incredible! Thank you for the motivation!
  • jazzyfeisty
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and the most I weighed was 140 back in college. I'm stuck between 120-124 right now, and haven't been able to shed that last 5 or so lbs. You ladies talk about being 115, that would be awesome, but how do we break through the plateau and get those last few stubborn pounds to falls off?? Any suggestions would be great. I've started by increasing my cardio at the gym. More days doing straight up cardio and less doing weight training because weight training adds muscle and can make it seem that you're not losing, when you're actually still toning/slimming. Its frustrating though because straight cardio can be so boring- on a bike, treadmill, or elliptical... and its still too cold where I am to just go outside and run around.

So, anyone who's at the plateau stage of your weight loss, lets share some tips on how to reachthat next level... because anyone who's not there yert is bound to hit it sooner or later!
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" .... Highest weight 217, Current weight 191, Current Goal weight 148. I'd like to get down to 125 eventually though. My greatest challenge right now is keeping at it, continuously finding the motivation to stay on track and focused.
  • findingmyfitself
    Options
    I am also 5'3

My heightest weight was 190+ pounds :noway:

I weighed 170 when I had my daughter and 168 when I had my son

My lowest weight was 127

I am now 133 and want to get and stay at 130

Weight training has changed my life and my size and shape, at 42 years old I am in the best shape of my life

Cheers girl, you can and will do it!

:happy:
  • justMini
    justMini Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and was 177. I'm not 156 and still working at it. The first 20 came off easy, and I didn't excercise because I just felt like i would do more harm to my joints at that point. I started adding excercise at 165 - elliptical, weights and walking. Tracking my calories is the accountability I needed to lose the weight. My biggest caution for you is to not go below 1200 calories a day. I did and my body started hanging on to the pounds. Once I upped the excercise and upped the calorie intake, I started to lose again.

Best of luck
  • justMini
    justMini Posts: 2
    Options
    sorry, now 156 - not not 156
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    2 photos below - I'm 5'3"
    I do crossfit -- I have broken fibula so I don't even run (lift off my knees)
    I started paleo 2.5 weeks ago

Left photo pry like 149 and right photo 143 (as of this morning) F the scale -- weight means ****!

2011-2013_zpsbca7b886.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!