5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    5' 2 3/4"
    Starting weight was 140 and have been maintaining at 105 for about 8 months. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be running my first 1/2 marathon on Feb 17th. Never could have gotten where I am without MFP and the accountability that it has given me.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, i weigh 175. Down from 182 so far. 3 years ago, i lost 65lbs. I'm looking to lose 30lbs this time, then we'll see once i get to 145. If i'm not toned enough, i'll drop another 10. However, looking at pics from when i weighed 130...i didn't look so well. My face was ALL angles- could have been the lovely "film camera" era though.
    I'm on a deficit 1000-calorie diet now, plus exercise (since it's such a low boundary, i will be eating back my exercise calories if i get hungry). However, I've found in the past that if I just do the first week or so on extreme-deficit, my tummy shrinks, and gets used to less gorging. Then, i usually just kept it at under-1500.
  • monilove78
    monilove78 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So late to the party, but I'm a 5'3 lady and wanted to chime in.

I started at more than 200lbs. My goal weight is 145 and my ultimate goal weight is 135-140 with nice, lean muscles.

Great job to those who have met their goals and keep going to those on the way to their goals! :-)
  • gillesse
    gillesse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and I weigh 170lbs. My heaviest was at 185 last year, but when I religiously used MFP I was 181 lbs in the beginning of January.

I want to eventually be 140lbs by this summer and 120 by November/December. After I hit my goal weight, I will focus more on strength training to tone up my muscles.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration...

Edited because I can't spell...lol
  • regirom
    regirom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3".
    SW 343
    CW 311
    GW Right now, Under 200.
    I know I have a long way to go. But I"m going to continue with this goal of mine. I dont think ive ever been under 200 in my life.
    First, I need to get under 300. So close I can taste it! Good luck, ladies!!
  • mel128
    mel128 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for posting this!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    26yr old - 5'3(ish)

i started at 211 after giving birth to my son in November.

SW:211
    CW:198
    GW: 130-140 (after this point i'll focus more on the shape of my body as opposed to numbers on the scale)
  • sailorsgirl86
    Options
    I'm 5'3" & currently about 135lbs, used to be 175ish.
    Wanting to lose the last bit of fat & build some muscle.
    comparison_zps2d023a05.jpg
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3",
    highest non-pregnancy weight was 154
    current weight 128.

goal weight is 125 by June, and then perhaps 120, we'll see.
    I never thought I would get below 60 kg (132 lbs) but here I am, so I think I can lose more!
  • saroknight
    Options
    I'm 5'3" my highest weight was 165lbs, I'm now at 145lbs :) MFP has helped me soooo much! Still have a ways to go; I would like to be around 105-110.. Guess I'll know better when I get closer to my goal. Friend requests welcome.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Joined MFP in Jan 2012 weighing 143lb... I did not stay around.

About September-ish 2012 I started eating smaller portion sizes

Jan 2013 I came back and weighed 133lbs. New motivation and a kick up the bum I joined the gym

Now in 2 months lost another 10lbs... have another 10 to go.
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

You look fabulous, thank you for your story!
  • naanaanaad27
    Options
    I can totally relate. I'm 5"3 and I currently weight 178lbs. and I am looking to get down to 120lbs. But I am having a really hard time. Can anyone give me some good ideas to get this weight off. Please!!!
  • zen1910
    zen1910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rcameron55
    rcameron55 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You all are doing great!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    OMG! I am super motivated by you. You look awesome.
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

wow!!! your hard work really paid off you look awsome!!!!
  • jennelinow
    jennelinow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one in this height range :) I'm 5'3" and started in mid-January at 180 lbs, I'm not dieting persay but realing tracking calories and moved from personal workouts to 3 days alone and 3 days group fitness. Just weighed in today at 167 so it seems to be finally doing the trick after years of trying. In my case the success is largely from my seperation as I can now eat smaller amounts more often throughout the day and make it to more activities so company does seem to matter. I'm shooting for 135, I'm a naturally curvey women and under that my collar and upper rib cage really start to looking a bit alarming!

Jenn
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!