5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options
alininja1991
alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
Ok i'm 5"3 I weight myself last week at 175lbs, I am aiming to lose 50lbs. I was just wondering if any girls out there been same/similar weight and lost the same/similar or in the process of!

I have been jogging on the C25K for a week, having a bad week so starting week 1 again to build myself up for monday beeing week 2! Anyway I saw my aunt the other day and she hadn't seen me in about 5 days and she said to me "Gosh Alicia I only saw you 5 days ago you look like you've lost a few lbs" - But I don't want to weight myself yet, i'm doing 3 weeksly weighins... Got 2 weeks till my next weigh.

Replies

• hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    oh bump so much lol. I'm 5'3 and I'm in my 160s. I'd like to get down to around 115, so I'd like to see how other people my height achieved getting to their goals
  • alininja1991
    alininja1991 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah I really wanna see the possible outcome for myself with pictures haha as motivation. I am going on a jog soon in about 40minutes would like to be running and thinking "I WILL be like that"
  • TaxEhh
    TaxEhh Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm about 5'4 or 5'5 and I weigh 205 now (started at 211). I'm trying to get down to 150, I think that would be a comfortable weight for me since I've been over 200 for awhile now.

I lost 6.8 lbs in the first 7 days but lately I haven't been kicking it up as much. Today I'm starting hard back onto my diet and exercise. Feel free to add me if ya'll need friends and want to trade tips! :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" & started my weight loss journey on 08-6-11 with Weight Watchers. I started @ 213 lbs. and lost 40 lbs by the time I joined MFP which was 02/12/12. I have hit a plateau since. I'm maintain between 170 & 173 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs and I have to admit is getting frustrating. I'm going back to no fried foods no matter how much exercise cause I think that's what's doing me in. Since Saturday I have not had anything fried and so far so good. I only weight myself once a week as an official weight and those are on Saturday mornings. I wanted to give up but I can't. I's come this far and I'm so close. Good luck on everyone's journey.
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    I'm 4'11, starting at about 170~I'm at 165 4 days in, planning to get to 115.
  • Christi_Kitty
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

My gosh you look like a model, You've done amazing!
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I started my weight loss journey about 2 1/2 years ago around 185lbs. Through diet, exercise, gaining/losing, I am down to 138. I would like to get off the last bit and end up around 115-120. I am doing insanity right now, jogging, and logging my calories on here and hoping to get to my goal. Let me know if you need anything and if anyone has tips on getting off the last stuborn pounds let me know!
  • Darrknys
    Darrknys Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm 29 and 5' 3.5".
    I started around xmas by eating healthier. I didn't want to suddenly change my way of living and confuse my body. Then at the end of January I found MFP =D.
    I hate working out but found some fun stuff with comcasts ON Demand. I've lost 10 lbs the first 2 months. But I got lazy.... so in 5 months I've only lost 17 lbs. It's still dropping though, so wooooo!
    I've kicked myself in the butt and got back to working out and attempting to eat healthier >_>
    Currently doing "30 Day Shred" and it's awesome!
    sw: 187
    cw: 170
    gw: 135
    ugw: shall see if I want to lose more at 135....

Cheers and good luck all!
    Add me if you want =D
  • Charvey17
    Charvey17 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 63" (5' 3.5") Weighed 134 in december. Now I'm 122-124 (depending on the day) and I'm seeing some abs form. I just cut my calorie intake to about 1400 with little to no exercise. Now, I'm running and cutting calories. I feel wonderful! I'm aiming for another 10 lbs. Good luck!!! :wink:
  • Nserrano03
    Nserrano03 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello!

SW: 162 (1/9/2012)
    CW: 137 (5/30/2012)
    GW:130

what helped me was eating clean, I give myself one cheat meal a week so I don't feel deprived of any food. I workout 6 days/wk, walk 30min after lunch and 20min after work. For two months I did insanity and lost 9.4lbs anf 9.57inches all over.
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"
    SW: 150 lbs
    CW: 132 lbs
    GW: 115 lbs

I walk 3 times a week and have a dance class twice a week. I just finished 30DS and am about to start 6 week 6 pack.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 34 years old. I started my weight loss journey in mid-July 2011 and my highest weight was 214.5lbs and a size 16/18. I'm currently 147 lbs. and a size 6/8. My goal is to hit my 75lb. milestone (down to a weight of 139.5 lbs) by my one year anniversary. I'm quite sure that I won't stop there, but haven't decided on what my ultimate weight goal will be (probably somewhere in the 125-135 lbs. range). I started out by following Weight Watchers and walking on the treadmill at a high incline (I was doing an hour 5X/week). Now, I track exclusively through MFP (range from 1200-1600 calories/day and don't go over 2000 cals. ever) and have switched from walking to running (I run 5kms four times a week) and do JM's Shred it With Weights 2-3 times per week. Sometimes I'll go to a Zumba class 1-2 times/week.
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 48 years old. Started at 151 on January 3. Weigh 124.6 currently. 1200 calories daily and I eat back only some of my exercise calories. I do have one cheat day a week! I exercise 6 days a week. During my journey, I've done the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and walked on treadmill, some light weight training and that's about it. Since I am at the last few pounds to lose, I've started doing 2 of Jillian Michaels' workouts daily. My goal weight is 121 (so I can say "I've lost 30 pounds)!!! I figure that once the weight is gone, I will start heavy lifting to tone up. Dedication and this website is your key to success. Good luck in your journey.
  • Ieasha35
    Ieasha35 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am a 38yr old female and started 183lbs on 4/13/11. I have noticed a BIG differance in my weight,clothing,and shoe size. I started wearing a size 13 pants,x-large shirts,10 in underwear,40c bra, and size 8 in shoes. Now I am wearing a size 5 pants,med shirts,7underwear,36c bra,and a size6 1/2 shoe and I weigh 146.4lbs. I am very HAPPY with my weight loss these lbs WILL not come back I look and feel GREAT! My goal is to loss 20 more pounds and I am needing some friends to help me go through this exciting process. And to those that need the encouragement I am here for each and everyone of you. Have faith you can do it dont give up
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration, everyone! I'm 5'2.5" and lost my first 20lbs from Aug-Nov 2011, then regained it all through a knee injury that laid me up with depressed chocolate binges.

Now I'm getting back on track, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting back into running (C210K) and weight training. I still make some stupid food choices, but being active again is motivating me into a positive feedback loop.

Every day threads like this one remind me that I can reach my goals. It might take some time and effort, and there will always be speed bumps, but I can do it. Thanks everyone!
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Epic_2011148-2.jpg

You look AH-MAZE-ING! I only hope I look half as good when I get down to 115.:)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    <==== I'm 5'3". I weighed about 110 lbs before I got pregnant. I gained almost 52 pounds. 10 months later I got pregnant with my second child, gaining 36 lbs. I stayed at about 127 lbs until I got divorced and remarried. Then married life took over and I gained close to 30 lbs. I was 155 lbs at my heaviest. (see profile picture) then I said enough was enough. I started off with the 30 day shred and then rotated all jillian micheals dvd's 6X week. I just recently started les mill PUMP from beachbody and so far i'm loving the results. I also do HIIT runs/walks on the days in between. My current weight is 135 lbs (see right side profile picture) and my goal is 125 lbs. good luck to you!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Epic_2011148-2.jpg

You look AH-MAZE-ING! I only hope I look half as good when I get down to 115.:)

ditto!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    SW: 165lbs
    GW: 125-127
    CW: 128-133 fluctuates
    UGW: 125

Beginning size: 12/14
    Current size: 2/4
    Beginning BF: 33%
    Current BF: 16%

My before and afters:

IMG_0213-1-1.jpg

Currently working on lowering BF %. Would like to be 13-14%. Current workout programs: Kickboxing, running and Les Mills PUMP

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!