5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    44 years old and 5"3.5 here and started my journey in the fall of 2007 at 144 lbs. I stopped drinking and over the next year I lost 20 lbs just by not drinking. I was in the 120 range and was okay with that but very sick from female problems. In 2010 I had a hysterectomy and fixed my problems and I started walking 2 miles a day to get a lottery ticket. In a few months I decided to add another mile to that, so that was around 3 miles a day I was walking and increased my time. My husband started walking with me an then we decided one day to cross the street from the gas station where I would get my ticket an walk around the mall, adding another 1.7 miles to the walk.

I got down to about 112 doing that and then I went to Hawaii for 2 weeks then came home to the holiday season of Thanksgiving and Christmas and gained back up to 118. I joined MFP the next January and with the information and friends I got here, I learned I needed to eat more to get where I wanted to be. I also started running short distances when I walked and ended up pushing myself further and further each time until I was running 3 straight miles with walk intervals up to 6.

I also upped my calories to 1400 from 1200 and lost down to the 114 that I wanted to be. Then I upped them to 1500 and kept losing down to 110, long story short, I ended up at 107 and thought I looked great until I saw a picture of myself. I stopped logging and gained some weight back.
  • Oklahoma_girl
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

Less than a year after having my 2nd (probably 130 here):

2004_b-1-1.jpg

After losing all the weight (105 pounds here) but no weight training yet:

oldlegs.jpg

Now (112 pounds, added muscle and dropped body fat through weight training):

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

holy cow you look amazing!!! I'm 5'3 and my new goal will be to look you :D
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    my before and after are on my pics.
    started 09.25.2012

SW: 217.8 lbs
    CW: 171.1 lbs this morning. =D

Zig Zagged my calories. ate better. lots of chicken breast and veggies

Exercise: did the 30 day shred 9/25 to 11/1 lost 4 inches off my waist.
    then I tried to do 2 videos a day, the shred and ripped in 30. I was prolly doing it 3 times a week during the holidays.
    it really kicked start my workout. I then downloaded other jillian michaels videos.

for this month I'm just doing ripped in 30 6 times a week.... and if I'm up for it. I do the shred and ripped in 30. =D
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was 175 in the delivery room, so I probably went home weighing 155. Took 18 months until after he was born but I got down to 105 pounds. The last 5 months of those 18 months were the crucial turning point months for me. I tracked religiously, ate a zig zag type diet, exercised at least 6 days a week.

After that, I have spent the last few years reshaping my body through weight training. I reduced 95% of the cellulite on the back of my legs, have excellent muscle tone on my arms, and am in the best shape of my life at 35 years old. YOU CAN DO IT!

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

2004_b-1-1.jpg

oldlegs.jpg

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

OMG! you look fantastic!
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

Can you share what your weight training program is/was? You look great!
  • jonesie84
    jonesie84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know this post was awhile ago, but it looks likes some people have posted recently, so i will too. I'm 5'3" and started at 212lb back in January 2012. I currently am 160lb with 6 more to go to my first goal. Its not easy and you must commit to the lifestyle change. I was at the point where i would diet for a week and then stop due to pain. i started fighting through the pain and gt to the point that i enjoy working out and i miss it now if i dont! Good luck to you!

22233788.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options

Pregnant (175 pounds):

39wks.jpg

2004_b-1-1.jpg

oldlegs.jpg

belly.jpg

Epic_2011148-2.jpg

HOLY **** i need that body!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3', I started at 183lbs in July 2012 and as of today I weigh 136lbs (47 pounds loss). I have 10lbs to go. Good luck :)
  • laura6009
    laura6009 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I started at 180ish and a size 14 headed for a 16. Since October I have lost 25 or so pounds and I am down to a 10 headed for a size 8. I log everything on MFP and stay between 1200 and 1400 calories. I do cheat some but it keeps me motivated. I exercise almost everyday doing DVD that have strength and cardio like The Method Boot Camp and TurboJam. I just started Supreme 90 Day to try to get off my last 20 or so pounds. I do a short cardio dvd or zumba for a warmup and yoga for cooldown. Good Luck on your weight loss journey. Remember at first you wont loss many pounds because your body is gaining muscle. BUT YOU ARE GETTING SMALLER.
  • melmonroe
    melmonroe Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'3" I have lost weight in the amounts that you are desiring in my past. :flowerforyou:

With that experience, I can say that maintenance is more difficult. Failure to recognize the difference in calorie requirements to stay at balance especially the greater the overall weight loss one has had. One thinks they no longer a potentially obese person...

If you want to weight 110. Multiply that by 11 to get your average net calories needed with little or no exercise. Guess what? That is only 1,200 calories at 110. :huh:

It is NOT about losing all the weight as your final goal, but what you do once you get there. Contrary to popular belief, being skinny does not allow one to eat all they want. And I should have plugged my ears to people who were saying I was too thin and that I should "stop dieting" when I was simply on a maintenance "diet." Kiss of death. :frown:
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started off at 200lbs last January, by Oct I was down to 140lbs. Pretty much maintained that and then over the holidays I gained 5, so I'm back to being serious to get down to my goal weight of 130lbs. It's a matter of persistence and patience. I'm also 42, which I think makes a difference. It doesn't come off as easy now as it did when I was younger.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting this. I'm 5"3 and this will help motivate me. I need to see real women with real results.
  • kaltey
    kaltey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started out at 146 pounds (my highest ever). Since the beginning of August I've lost 31 pounds and have 7 more to go.
  • rbotts67
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'3 and i have weighed around 175 for the last couple of years. I started out at 175 in December and i lost 4 lbs during the Holidays. My goal was to NOT GAIN WEIGHT. So i felt very successful.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs. I think 50 would be too much for me. But I will see what i look like when i lose the 30 lbs.

I have not started the C25K yet officially, but i was FINALLY able to jog 30 seconds on and walking 30 seconds a couple of days ago. So i plan to start C25k on Monday.

Stay focused and just be consisent and dont stop. We can do this!
  • a1schwei
    a1schwei Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    HW: 270
    CW: 162.5
    GW: 140

Down 108lbs with 22lbs to go. 140 is overweight according to BMI, but I am solid/muscular and not going to give that up for a number on the scale.

After many months of walking, yoga, and weights, I've exchanged walking for running. Completed my first 5k on New Year's Day and am training for a 10k.

You CAN do it!
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. After having my 3rd son in 2009, I weighed 175lbs. At the start of 2012, I weighed 159lbs after yo-yo dieting. Last year I started working out and eating clean now I'm at 141lbs and have lost 7% body fat.

My WL story is on my blog. I'm still looking to lose 10 - 15 more lbs but have been at a plateau for a while. I'm now eating more veggies and less starchy carbs to help fix that.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WendyFitMom/view/how-i-m-becoming-a-clean-lean-momma-pics-week-27-update-296731
  • rbotts67
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome. I plan to complete my first 5k this year as well. I too and solid and muscular and love the athletic look. In fact, i have a goal to compete in a fitness competition as well. (fyi, "fitness" looks like toned women, NOT He-Man").
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!