How many people actually diet 7 days a week?

Options

Replies

• Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    me...it's how I live my life now..I can't be the "old me" I would fall off the wagon

19111718.png
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    I don't diet. I have a strategic eating system designed to accomplish specific goals. I don't have "cheat days" because I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits my macro targets (IIFYM FTW). Yesterday I had steak and ice cream for dinner. Tonight I had a burger and fries. Who needs "cheat days"?

This..I fit it into my day...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to read all of the replies...but I don't diet. My style of eating suits my lifestyle, and allows me to eat as I please for the most part, healthy, junk, a little or a lot. I used to log religiously, and now that I'm losing bodyfat again post surgery/recovery, I'm doing the same. But there are no 'cheat' days, or days I wouldn't log my food...simply due to the fact that I'm not 'dieting' (note, that doesn't mean I'm not trying to lose weight/fat) and my intake methods...while very strict in some ways...are very relaxed in others. Once I reach my initial goal again....that may change (we talked about that in PM's).

*shrug*
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I don't diet. I have a strategic eating system designed to accomplish specific goals. I don't have "cheat days" because I can eat whatever I want as long as it fits my macro targets (IIFYM FTW). Yesterday I had steak and ice cream for dinner. Tonight I had a burger and fries. Who needs "cheat days"?

Great minds and all that, lol.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I dont (diet) at all......

My eating habits are a lifestyle Change and not a diet. I do log everyday.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i log every day. I dont have cheat days because if I want a treat I just make room for it. :D
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am on a lifestyle change... so I don't have 'days off'- I fear that would de-rail me.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing that goes in my mouth, every day. No cheat days.
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I Don't see it as a diet. But a lifestyle change ;) haha. But I'm on it everyday! I see people wanting something of what they like at the weekends. I see it as if I'm gonna have something I like I smaller the portion and fit it into my calories :) OR burn the hell outta the calories with exercise! :D
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I log for me not anyone else. If I miss a day or two so what. Just like the saying goes, "Don't worry about what I am doing, worry about what you are doing."

P.S. If you eat, you are on a diet.

www.dictionary.com
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I log everything daily and try to eat right, I also don't do 'on a diet'.

But if I were to go out at night and go nuts on the beer and pizza then it wouldn't be a big deal, I'd just resume normality the next day. The body needs some variety and a pizza once in a while would fit that nicely.

Regarding exercise, I do it if I feel like it for the feel good factor, I think it is overrated for weight loss.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I usually try to keep my deficit on the weekends, but sometimes I go slightly over. I try to not exceed my TDEE ever though.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Yep this is pretty much how i do things these days :smile:
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    No diet just what I eat are better foods. On occasion I eat something junky like a cheese steak or something but that is like every few weeks. I just don't crave the junk. I eat better now then what I used to. I found better foods to substitute the junk.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

I know :).

If any of you are curious what I meant...it goes like this:

My maintenance (TDEE) is 2700cal/day. This gives me a total weekly maintenance target of 18,900cal. After my 20% deficit, I have a total weekly allowance of about 15000cal. I eat about 1000cal/day, for three days of the week (this is dinner...I do not eat breakfast or lunch on those days). This leaves me 12000cal to spread over the remaining 4 days of the week...allowing me 3000cal/day worth of food. The days I eat 1000cal are completely interchangeable, though I usually do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Sound like dieting to you?

And yet...I still have over a 20% caloric deficit for the week.

:).
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options

I know :).

If any of you are curious what I meant...it goes like this:

My maintenance (TDEE) is 2700cal/day. This gives me a total weekly maintenance target of 18,900cal. After my 20% deficit, I have a total weekly allowance of about 15000cal. I eat about 1000cal/day, for three days of the week (this is dinner...I do not eat breakfast or lunch on those days). This leaves me 12000cal to spread over the remaining 4 days of the week...allowing me 3000cal/day worth of food. The days I eat 1000cal are completely interchangeable, though I usually do it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Sound like dieting to you?

And yet...I still have over a 20% caloric deficit for the week.

:).
    Great explanation there cris :smile:
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    I've had 2 rest days in the last 37 days and on one of those days I went way over cals... I don't follow tdee but I try and reach my set amount of cals daily... I have decided to have an easy/rest day once a week where I will still go for my set amount of cals and if I feel like it do a light workout...today was suppose to be one of my 2 rest days.. the only thing I accomplished was not working out before breakfast lol.. I worked exercised my butt off and am undr cals ill have something later :)

I don't eat back exercise cals and this is not a lifestyle change for me, Yet. This is a means to get to a new lifestyle to where, where the cals come from don't matter, if I want a steak and a sundae for dinner its fine.. just as long as it within calorie limits... at this point I don't think eating a steak and a sundae would be beneficial and would derail my progress... and it would be nice if I could eat a 1000 cals worth of pizza everynight over 500 cals of chicken and 500 cals of veggies.. but we all know the pizza is gonna react different from the chicken and veggies so I really hope there aren't any impressionable people on here.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    i log EVERY day even if i go over.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am not on a diet..

however I log my intake 7 days a week

* diet is temporary
    I am simply changing the amount of food I eat
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    I began working out (15 minutes of fast walking to start - that's all I could handle six years ago) to get control of my health, going through a ravenous period 6/8 weeks later which leveled off about two months later. And I mean ravenous. As I bumped up and began varying my "workouts" (mostly fast walking - Leslie Sanson) where now I workout on average 7 hours a week at min, my cravings ceased, my desire and want for healthier foods increased.

I recently talked about my experiences within my fitness journey which is now a lifestyle, food choices and desires following exercising and activity, and someone (Physical and Membership Directer of a Y) explained to me that my ravenous period was more than likely caused by my body building muscle and needing material to build that muscle. We can be over-fat and under fed actual micro nutrients because we’ve been feeding our bodies junk. .