Do you use the same bath towel every day??

Options
123457»

Replies

• alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I always use it for a few showers then grab a clean one.. however.......this might change your mind....

FROM.... http://www.tbyil.com/Exposed_Toothbrushes.htm

"In the Mythbusters segment which has been cited to disprove the idea of particles of poo traveling outside the toilet, what they actually found was that bacteria from feces can be found everywhere - including on a pair of "control" toothbrushes they put away in a medicine cabinet in another room. That is hardly reassuring nor is it in any way proof that particles do not travel from the toilet to exposed toothbrushes. Plus, the Mythbusters team only tested for bacteria and not actual particles nor viruses.

It is true that fecal coliform bacteria are not considered to be a health risk since they are found naturally in the human body. However, that does not mean that it is a good idea to introduce the bacteria into the mouth. Also, the presence of fecal bacteria is an indication that other bacteria which are known to be dangerous may also be present. Fecal coliform grows in an environment similar to other waterborne bacteria, and thus their presence outside of the body means that other bacteria like hepatitis A or dysentery could also be present.

The bottom line is that it is not a healthy idea to leave toothbrushes exposed in the bath room. Besides the fact that fecal matter can travel to exposed toothbrushes, exposed toothbrushes are more susceptible to multiple forms of bacteria, including dangerous ones. Toothbrushes should be covered and protected and the toilet lid should be closed before flushing. To better protect against the presence of bacteria and viruses, clean toothbrushes with an item like a UV device made for that purpose and/or spritz some colloidal silver on the toothbrushes prior to use. Another very good idea would be using a natural antiseptic toothpaste product such a one which contains tea tree oil."

Lord have mercy. I'm going to buy new toothbrushes on my way home tonight...and a UV sterilizer. :sick:

I'm going to get a bubble to live in, too. Keep people's skin cells and dust away from my pristine system.

Geez, people need a little dirt. I agree with the theory that the increase in childhood allergies is from the increased santized conditions: antibacterial washes, bleached everything, floors you can eat off of.

I wash my towels once a week, along with my sheets. I will never live in a perfectly clean home, nor do I want to.
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use one towel a week as well... it's hung up to dry and I'm clean when I use it! Why waste time and money? ;)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm clean when I use it seeing as I've just got out of the bath, so I wash it whenever I feel it permits.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I use a towel, then it becomes the floor towel for the kiddos' bath time. So I guess two uses. It gets hung to dry and then put in the basket to wash once a week though. Kiddos use a towel for 4-5 days. I wash all my towels together. That's a whole different question, because I know people who wash towels with everything else and for me that's odd.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Same towel for 6 days
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Unless u have towels that have "face here" and "*kitten* here" marked on them...new ones for me!!
  • MoogledStats
    Options
    Depends on if I have any clean ones available. I like a fresh towel every time but I'll use one again maybe 3x if needed.

Agreed.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I use one towel for my hair for a few days (well, a couple washes I guess, I don't wash my hair every day) but the one for my body I replace after each use. I have a ridiculous amount of towels.

Also I almost never shower/bathe at home unless it's to shave my legs...I pretty much always shower at the gym, and they provide towels.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I always wash the bath towels after one use. I have recently discovered that seems to not be the norm! I recently stayed at the home of an out of town friend, and they use the same towel day after day, I had 2 for the week. I have mentioned this to several friends, and most people thought I was weird! I am just kind of curious to see what other people do.

It skeeves me out to re-use a towel. I'd rather do the laundry and pay the power bill. I gather up all the towels from everyone else, too. When you dry off you get all sorts of skin flakes all over the towel. EWWW!!!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~Uses one every two days. Whenever I have guests stay, they have access to a towel, wash cloth everyday. If they choose to only use one or two, that's fine. I just give them the option. Towels are the easiest items to wash often, in my oppinion, not like Socks!!!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I always use it for a few showers then grab a clean one.. however.......this might change your mind....

FROM.... http://www.tbyil.com/Exposed_Toothbrushes.htm

"In the Mythbusters segment which has been cited to disprove the idea of particles of poo traveling outside the toilet, what they actually found was that bacteria from feces can be found everywhere - including on a pair of "control" toothbrushes they put away in a medicine cabinet in another room. That is hardly reassuring nor is it in any way proof that particles do not travel from the toilet to exposed toothbrushes. Plus, the Mythbusters team only tested for bacteria and not actual particles nor viruses.

It is true that fecal coliform bacteria are not considered to be a health risk since they are found naturally in the human body. However, that does not mean that it is a good idea to introduce the bacteria into the mouth. Also, the presence of fecal bacteria is an indication that other bacteria which are known to be dangerous may also be present. Fecal coliform grows in an environment similar to other waterborne bacteria, and thus their presence outside of the body means that other bacteria like hepatitis A or dysentery could also be present.

The bottom line is that it is not a healthy idea to leave toothbrushes exposed in the bath room. Besides the fact that fecal matter can travel to exposed toothbrushes, exposed toothbrushes are more susceptible to multiple forms of bacteria, including dangerous ones. Toothbrushes should be covered and protected and the toilet lid should be closed before flushing. To better protect against the presence of bacteria and viruses, clean toothbrushes with an item like a UV device made for that purpose and/or spritz some colloidal silver on the toothbrushes prior to use. Another very good idea would be using a natural antiseptic toothpaste product such a one which contains tea tree oil."

Lord have mercy. I'm going to buy new toothbrushes on my way home tonight...and a UV sterilizer. :sick:

I'm going to get a bubble to live in, too. Keep people's skin cells and dust away from my pristine system.

Geez, people need a little dirt. I agree with the theory that the increase in childhood allergies is from the increased santized conditions: antibacterial washes, bleached everything, floors you can eat off of.

I wash my towels once a week, along with my sheets. I will never live in a perfectly clean home, nor do I want to.

Apparently what you really need to get is a sense of humor b/c I was totally kidding with that comment. :indifferent:
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    come to think of it, we SHOULD wash every day. I know we shower to clean ourselves but after wiping our privates and putting it up to dry, then later using the part we wiped our privates to wipe our faces without knowing is kinda yuck.

but yeah, im one of those people that wash towels every 2-3 weeks. :C

But your privates have been cleaned. Figure out where the tag is and use that as a guide to not get @ss on your face lol.

That or get one of these:

1321401858.jpg

I have this towel. lol
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I NEVER reuse a towel. I used to but went to boarding school and got screamed at for using it more then once. My husband is the same way. I also lived with roommates that were like that. So I guess it just has stuck.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I use for about a week and always hang up to dry out when i am done with it.

I'm finding my bf sometimes will grow a collection. I don't know if he forgets he has one out or what but the other day I found 3 towels that weren't mine and he couldn't claim them. :laugh:

If I have to use the towel for any purpose other than drying off, it gets washed right away.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    come to think of it, we SHOULD wash every day. I know we shower to clean ourselves but after wiping our privates and putting it up to dry, then later using the part we wiped our privates to wipe our faces without knowing is kinda yuck.

but yeah, im one of those people that wash towels every 2-3 weeks. :C

But your privates have been cleaned. Figure out where the tag is and use that as a guide to not get @ss on your face lol.

That or get one of these:

1321401858.jpg

I have this towel. lol
    AHH my bf has this too!
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks to this topic i now need new tooth brushes and new makeup.. gret:noway:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    After a week...time for a washing.:flowerforyou:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My towels don't get soiled by my butt, because I wash my butt in the shower, lol. I use the same towels for one or two weeks, then I use my stockpile of clean ones. I only wash towels about every month since I have a closet filled with clean ones and I think that they should all just get washed at once.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    eek, I can't do more than 2 uses. After that I wash them. Even though your body is clean, the moisture that stays on the towel can make it musty and moldy.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I always wash the bath towels after one use. I have recently discovered that seems to not be the norm! I recently stayed at the home of an out of town friend, and they use the same towel day after day, I had 2 for the week. I have mentioned this to several friends, and most people thought I was weird! I am just kind of curious to see what other people do.

Do you wash your dish towel that you use to dry dishes everyday? or do you get a different one for everytime you dry dishes?

I do wash my dishtowels every day, because I end up using them for something else, like wiping up the counter, etc.