WRAPPING MY WAIST IN CLING WRAP!! does it help?

Options

Replies

• trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law is hocking some bullcrap like this. Some "IT Works" pyramid scheme junk.
    "Fat burner" pills and wraps and gels.
    "Detox" pills and powders.

All for the low, low price of $60-$350 per week!

x.x

I'd rather be fat than stupid.
  • drhall1970
    Options
    i can remember back in 1980, I was 10 years old when my Mom ordered a Silver plastic Sweatsuit for me. It came with the long-sleeved top and pants and you were supposed to wear it while exercising. it came in the mail C.O.D. (cash on delivery) from the Delivery guy. I wore it outside and all it did was make me sweat and smell stinky. What a waste of money! I was not popular in the neighborhood walking around in my space suit either. One boy who was my age made fun of me. After that, I put lemon juice in my hair and lathered myself up with butter and laid out in the sun. NONE of these things worked!!!! You will get bad hair, skin cancer, and stinky sweat.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law is hocking some bullcrap like this. Some "IT Works" pyramid scheme junk.

x.x

Yea, I had a few *friends* delete me on Facebook because I called them out for selling this garbage. :grumble: They argued with me on MY page, and tried to sell their witchcraft to MY friends. Good riddance, I say!
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did this for a few weeks in the evenings. I would rub my belly and thighs with a mix olive oil and coffee grounds and wrap the whole mess in cling wrap for about and hour to "reduce cellulite", I think. Not sure where that idea was plucked from but if it sounds like an easy out I have probably tried it. It didn't make me thinner. Any benefit from this fitness wise probably came from cleaning up the mess after which was a workout! My skin on my stomach and thighs was so soft after, like it had been in a paraffin spa.

I also have one of those belts that is meant to do the same thing, it is like a thick strip of scuba suit and you wear it around your waist for workouts to make your belly sweat more. Again it was no miracle answer but I still wear it when I do squats or run because the belt does help remind me to keep my back straight and abs tight.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

x.x

Yea, I had a few *friends* delete me on Facebook because I called them out for selling this garbage. :grumble: They argued with me on MY page, and tried to sell their witchcraft to MY friends. Good riddance, I say!

I hear ya! My SIL wanted to throw me a "Wrap Party" for my birthday. She was like "But I thought you were trying to lose weight?! If you sign up to be a distributor (only $99!), then you get free wraps! So you an lose weight AND make money."

Dumb is dumb. No, thank you! Not even remotely interested.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY helps ....
    The profits for the makers of cling wrap

Wish I owned stock. If so, I'd enthusiastically recommend that you wrap twice daily and encourage you to start a thread recommending it to others .....

; )

No. Save your time ( and your cling wrap )
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A man goes into a psychiatrist's office dressed in nothing but cling wrap. The psychiatrist looks at him and says, "I can clearly see your nuts."
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I seriously hope this is not a legit question. Please. Please, be joking.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    A man goes into a psychiatrist's office dressed in nothing but cling wrap. The psychiatrist looks at him and says, "I can clearly see your nuts."
    lol
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Yes it works... I also suggest skipping the workout and eating ice-cream to maximize results.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    When you heat lard in a pan does it disappear or does it just melt?
  • trishmce
    Options
    this is quite interesting arn't zaug pants meant to work on the same principle of creating more heat in an area especially with excercise which is meant to give you better results ?? So actually may not be just a myth lol

"Creating Heat" doesn't burn fat....a caloric deficit does. Otherwise I'd just aim my hair dryer at any fat I want gone.....

Love it!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Nope, but record it. I'm pretyy sure there's a market for pretty girls wrapped in cellophane.

LOL, yeah, post pictures, I might be in the market for a new fetish. :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you heat lard in a pan does it disappear or does it just melt?

wisdom
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO okay back in the day when I did some modeling, we used the prep H and saran wrap trick to smooth out cellulite for a short hour or so. No, it isn't a quick fix and no, it doesn't last. Don't waste your money or saran wrap. Though the Prep H does help under eye bags too. ;)

Just a quick note, PrepH changed their formula, it doesn't work as good anymore for that (the product that's here in the US anyway)... Here's a site I found in a pinch (there are likely better, more comprehensive):

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2007/04/09/can-preparation/

Ro
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If it worked there would be millions of people walking around like saran wrap mummies.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and SWEAT or exhaled from your lungs.

I.E. You can see why people may think this then

It can be excreted through sweat....sweating doesn't pull out fat....

You're missing the point just pointing out that you can see why people might think fat can be lost through sweat...I'm not saying it is or isnt just an interesting debate

No, I see the point. But it isn't a debate. Interesting debates on exercise don't contradict science. Giving any level of credence to things like this promotes dangerous behavior and just further muddies the waters for those looking for real information.

The diet/fitness industry has spent years marketing "quick-fixes" to (primarily) women. They think we are idiots with no desire to work hard or to actually understand the way our bodies work. I don't think it is helpful to try to find ways to justify things that have no basis in science and reason and...well, fact. They are nothing less than lies to sell products and they can have severe detrimental consequences.

No you really did miss the point - calorie is a measure of energy and physics says an action has an equal and opposite reaction. Sweat is the reaction to exercise the action and can be an indicator of calorie burn. But there is no corelation to suggest sweat = cal burn.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight, where does the lost body fat go?
    Answer
    from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
    To understand the answer, it helps to remember that fat is basically stored energy. Your body converts fat to usable energy for your muscles and other tissues through a series of complex metabolic processes. This causes your fat cells to shrink.

These metabolic activities also generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature, and waste products. These waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in your urine and SWEAT or exhaled from your lungs.

I.E. You can see why people may think this then

It can be excreted through sweat....sweating doesn't pull out fat....

You're missing the point just pointing out that you can see why people might think fat can be lost through sweat...I'm not saying it is or isnt just an interesting debate

No, I see the point. But it isn't a debate. Interesting debates on exercise don't contradict science. Giving any level of credence to things like this promotes dangerous behavior and just further muddies the waters for those looking for real information.

The diet/fitness industry has spent years marketing "quick-fixes" to (primarily) women. They think we are idiots with no desire to work hard or to actually understand the way our bodies work. I don't think it is helpful to try to find ways to justify things that have no basis in science and reason and...well, fact. They are nothing less than lies to sell products and they can have severe detrimental consequences.

No you really did miss the point - calorie is a measure of energy and physics says an action has an equal and opposite reaction. Sweat is the reaction to exercise the action and can be an indicator of calorie burn. But there is no corelation to suggest sweat = cal burn.

It's been 25 years since I have taken a Chemistry, or Physics class, but isn't the definition of a calorie, "the amount of energy needed to increase the temperature of a cubic centimeter of water 1 degree celcius"?

To the OP: No it doesn't work. If it did I would have been totally ripped in my last job from sweating all day.
  • Biccle
    Biccle Posts: 1
    Options
    Liteten. It doesn't burn fat at all. You apply and wrap at night and wake up a few inches thinner. Inches which are replaced the rest of the day. Like that one guy said... Recruiters use it and fat servicemen trying to make standards.