Body by Vi Visalus Shakes

Options

Replies

• BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    The shakes do taste good....HOWEVER do your homework first!
    Too much Soy can have adverse effects on women regarding your thyroid and hormones.
    Soy lechtin is in MOST whey protein powders to make it easy to mix. However, there isn't a whole lot of soy protien left over in lechtin.
    Plus, there are a TON of fillers
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My word...it's similar to high school in here. No one likes a salesman...we all get it. But really...all of someones friends jumping in to say how great and wonderful that person is...really is kinda silly. Come here with a valid argument about the original topic...not jumping to a grown mans defense. Either way there are valid opinions from people who have used said product, mixed reviews on whether it's good or wasnt good. To the OP you have your arsenal and can make a conscience decision about it, the only thing I can say to you is be happy with ehatever you choose, because in life the choices you make are for yoy and no one else. If it works wonderful, if not lesson learned right? Good luck to you and everyone else in their pursuits.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Look.
    Low carb, low calorie, low fat HIGH protein and its not soy
    Its affordable, and you can get it shipped to you or go and buy it at the store itself.
    You can mix it in recipies for a boost, you can drink it mixed with water, milk etc...

AND (here's the best part)
    No pushy sales scam. FTW!
    http://www.muscletech.com/products/whey_protein_plus/
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    And I will apologize if I do come off as "upset" when I write again BBV but I've seen so many friends get suckered into the expense shakes in the past months it makes me so angry. And then they see how horrible they feel after a few months and boom the weight comes right back because they never changed their body composition, all they did was starve themselves on low value shakes and they regret it and wish they would have listened.

If you really want a good protein based shake, get a high quality powder from your local store , put some fruit, yogurt and anything else you like and whip it up!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My word...it's similar to high school in here. No one likes a salesman...we all get it. But really...all of someones friends jumping in to say how great and wonderful that person is...really is kinda silly. Come here with a valid argument about the original topic...not jumping to a grown mans defense. Either way there are valid opinions from people who have used said product, mixed reviews on whether it's good or wasnt good. To the OP you have your arsenal and can make a conscience decision about it, the only thing I can say to you is be happy with ehatever you choose, because in life the choices you make are for yoy and no one else. If it works wonderful, if not lesson learned right? Good luck to you and everyone else in their pursuits.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    My word...it's similar to high school in here. No one likes a salesman...we all get it. But really...all of someones friends jumping in to say how great and wonderful that person is...really is kinda silly. Come here with a valid argument about the original topic...not jumping to a grown mans defense.

Brett can defend his claims with valid arguments about the topic. He doesn't need his friends for that. Attack him personally, especially saying things that aren't true, and well....you'll get us, like it or not.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options
    And I will apologize if I do come off as "upset" when I write again BBV but I've seen so many friends get suckered into the expense shakes in the past months it makes me so angry. And then they see how horrible they feel after a few months and boom the weight comes right back because they never changed their body composition, all they did was starve themselves on low value shakes and they regret it and wish they would have listened.

If you really want a good protein based shake, get a high quality powder from your local store , put some fruit, yogurt and anything else you like and whip it up!

that is full of carbs and calories..
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My word...it's similar to high school in here. No one likes a salesman...we all get it. But really...all of someones friends jumping in to say how great and wonderful that person is...really is kinda silly. Come here with a valid argument about the original topic...not jumping to a grown mans defense.

Brett can defend his claims with valid arguments about the topic. He doesn't need his friends for that. Attack him personally, especially saying things that aren't true, and well....you'll get us, like it or not.

With a cherry on top :smile:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

And what's your point.....you need both
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

what protein powder are you using that is high in carbs and calories? I ONLY ask, because mine only has 8g of carbs and 15g of protein with a total of 110 calories.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    Options

i actucally have to keep both of those low if i want success. i know my body and i know what works.. that is why i am doing the plan i am doing.. (not following the body by vi meal plans etc) i am doing what is working for me rather than what works for everyone else.. that is the great part about being me.. and being allowed to do what i want

And what's your point.....you need both
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    if this was one of my previous attempts to lose weight and money than i probably would've been first in line. but this my final lifetime journey to lose weight and get healthy i am doing it the right way with food, exercise, sweat and blood. (only if i lose grip and fall flat on the pavement) lol which i almost did at bootcamp this morning, darn gravel !!! lol

doing it this way has surprisingly been easier and definitely has given much more satisfaction and pride for my accomplishments thus far.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Where was there an untruth spoken of him?
    We are all entitled to our opinion and from my point of view, he was the one attacking.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Where was there an untruth spoken of him?
    We are all entitled to our opinion and from my point of view, he was the one attacking.

Attacking Body By Vi. Not you.

That's the problem with you salespeople. You take it personally when someone doesn't like your magic drink. That's because you need to keep any negative reviews quiet, so you can make your mortgage payment.

This site is not for you to push your drinks. Period. One of the best parts about MFP is that it's free. Stop trying to take advantage of people.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

funny thing just happened ... I googled BrettPGH and what do I see?
    A link which reads MFP's MEANEST!

True story bro.
    [/quote]

First he's not your bro and it's sad you stole that from the 90's please return it. Second, this is what I got when I googled Brett :

Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP | MyFitnessPal.com
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/610351-hottest-geek-nerd-on-mfp?...BrettPGH 1 msf74 1 weightloss123 1 Kayleesays 1 Coryida 1 kapeluza 1 WifeNmama 1 Sarahbara76 1 Harpercutie 1 Codergal 1 Ket_th_jet 1 Martin_Kaine 1

Try again dear. I may use BBV as a supplement when I am on the go but I will agree with Brett that the proper answer to the inquiry that started this thread is the following: It is delicious, I would not recommend it, eat healthy, THE END!
    [/quote]

Funny thing is this is what I found when I googled him

MFP's Nicest! | MyFitnessPal.com
    www.myfitnesspal.com.cn/topics/show/614228-mfp-s-nicest?page=7
    30 May 2012 – BrettPGH. Zombiechaser Cnsmith Tageekly Allie71 Kamikazeflutterby Carly Holly Mr Cape Captain Mal UUZennie ApertureScience. Lotte34 ...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    KwG73.jpg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    blah
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I was not attacking him, and if you noticed, my other post wasnt directed at anyone. I do not know Brett, and cannot base anything from his posts here besides he does not like to see people swindled,.nor does he like swindlers. My point was that I come back to see what's happened and a see lots of people jumping and saying "Brett is great!" or "He's an influence to us all". Not saying he's not an influence to his friends, glad that he is, very good....but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I was not attacking him, and if you noticed, my other post wasnt directed at anyone. I do not know Brett, and cannot base anything from his posts here besides he does not like to see people swindled,.nor does he like swindlers. My point was that I come back to see what's happened and a see lots of people jumping and saying "Brett is great!" or "He's an influence to us all". Not saying he's not an influence to his friends, glad that he is, very good....but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

When someone posts that Googling my name brings up "MFP's Meanest" and nothing else I very much appreciate people who know me setting the record straight.

If I come off as harsh it's because I'm trying to help people and prevent them from being swindled. Not sell them a damn thing. I'd like to see Ms. RedShoes make the same claim.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    My god can we move on about this being about Brett or any popularity contest, the post is about BBV, this is the height of thread hijacking.
This discussion has been closed.