For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Me too, I am in this club. I lost 27 last year and gained 10 of that back, now I am at 25-30 to go.
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Me!! I struggle constantly to lose 20 that I've gained! I lost 90 in the past because I was so focused and now I just can't stay there! I'm pretty sure my weekends with my friends are ruining my efforts but we have so much fun! By Monday I'm back to trying all over again :/
  • deniseiwans
    Options
    You say ONLY 30 pounds!! I am 57 and at this age your metabolism is practically zero. I my goal is 30 pounds but could do 40. The struggle ahead is enormous for me. I did it 3 years ago with Weight Watcher and I will do it again. Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's death and she asked me just before she died what I was going to do without her around, and I replied "probably get fat and lazy". At least I spoke the truth. I know she is behind me today and kicking my butt, I just joined up yesterday. To everybody out there trying....best of luck....we can do it!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I maintain 130-ish at 2000-2300 calories a day.

EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS. There's a group here; you need it.

blessings.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Im in this club... I have about 27 to lose to be happy and ITS NOT COMING OFF...

my trainer has me lifting 4 days a week now (starting last week) and doing cardio 2 full days and 2 small sessions...so im hoping this helps
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I actually just recently joined this 10-30 to lose bracket. I started off with 50lbs to be lost and only have 28lbs to go. Strangely enough, I'm finding it easier to lose weight the less I weigh.
  • nastenka26
    Options
    Me :( I don't even mind waiting a while because I plan on eating healthy and exercising for ever and ever haha, but I just wish there was some sort of reinforcement that the fat is slowly melting off, because I just can't tell :(

How many calories are all of you guys consuming and burning every day? I'm freaking out that I'm either overestimating calories burned by exercise and actually eating way too much, or that MFP's estimates are on point and I could potentially be under eating. It's so tricky and frustrating!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 15-20 lbs and it's SO SLOW. It's alright though. I'll get there. Just need to be patient!
  • kgchisholm
    kgchisholm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yup! Dropped my first 35, but now I'm headed into the final 15 pounds and it is SO much harder!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It has literally taken me about 4-5 months to lose 20 pounds. Now that I only have less than 10 to lose it is going even slower. But it is cool. Getting this close to my goal gives me a chance to focus on other things like fitness goals and eating healthy, not just under my goal and eating more and experimenting with food and recipes.
  • stepharega
    stepharega Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    10 measly more pounds!! Get it off!! *gets vacuum*

But seriously. Help? Add me! I'm open!
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 15 more :/
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    I am on the same boat. Stubborn last 10 -15.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my tummy pooch and last 10-15lb are hanging on for dear life!!:sad:

Oh the dreadful tummy pooch :(
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    That's me! I've got 26 pounds to get to pre-pregnancy weight and the scale just won't budge. It is getting so discouraging!
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I found that I am actually slimmer now than I have ever been but I am 10 pounds heavier than my lightest adult weight. I have been doing resistance and cardio (P90X and P90X2) for the past year and I actually found that shooting for a weight was not the most optimum goal and shifted to going for size instead. I have lost 32 to 35 pounds depending on the day but I lost 7 inches of my waist. So I suppose my question would be in reaching a point where you have another 10 pounds to lose have to attained a size you wanted to get down to.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    its getting harder indeed.. im 27 away , dont even wanna imagine when im 10 away! :grumble:
  • outlaw5353
    outlaw5353 Posts: 50
    Options
    ten puinds to go the first four was easy i hit a little hard stage but i just kept countng my calories and then started doing insanity and i tell u what its working lets get ready for the beach people
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 25 more lbs! First 10 came off in a month and now I am stuck.

That's sort of what happened to me. I've been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs for a couple of months now. My disciplne is waining. Ugh!!!!!
  • mom22qties
    mom22qties Posts: 47
    Options
    Me too, I am in the same boat. Feel free to add me, the more support the better. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!