For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Exactly my situation. 35 pounds in the first 3 months. Now I'm at 6'2" and 194 lbs (188cm and 88kg), and just barely in the "healthy" category for my BMi. I'd like to be around 185. But the last 9 lbs are not going quietly into the night....

I've decided to exercise, weight train, and massively redistribute. Early results are quite positive on the "naked mirror" test. Not so positive on the scale.

I'm thinking of just ignoring the scale for a month or so, keeping my diet where it's at now, and staying super active. Sometimes it's best to just ignore your weight and do what you know is right, then let nature do the rest.

Good luck all. Feel free to add me if you're in a similar situation and need support.

--Prahasaurus
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm in the club too...seems like I'm down to a pound every few weeks, if that....just have about 10-15 more to go to get where I was 10 years ago....very frustrating...but I stick with it because I know if I give up, I'm going to hate myself for stopping after all I've done so far. To all those in this group, don't give up! Once we get to our goal, it will be so worth it!!
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't really have weight to lose, just want to convert about 20 lbs of fat into 20 lbs of muscle!
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have about 12 lbs to lose...although, I like where my weight is now...I think it is more that I want to tone the butt and thighs! I am afraid if I lose much more weight, I won't have any boobies left! :frown:

me exactly!!
  • ThaRealNicki
    ThaRealNicki Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I just want to say congratulations to all the hard work you ladies and gents have already put in!! I cant wait to be in this club, as weird as that sounds lol, best of luck to all
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It ain't easy ... and the other problem is that they're easy to put back on again if your slip up! We have to think about maintenance and weight loss at the same time!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    7 lb to goal. Not in a plateau, but I'm recomping and so my losses are like 2 lb a month. Soo slow sometimes I don't think I'm making progress at all. I hate that I bust my *kitten* every week and am lucky to lose a pound every 2 weeks! On the bright side, I don't look bad or fat anymore, so I'm okay with looking "decent" while I inch my way to "omg too hot for words"
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15lbs, however, my fitness pal gives me a daily calorie goal of 1470 and that seems high to me. Usually I hear people recommend 1200 calories a day, I think I even heard Jillian Michaels state that, so should I ignore the advice on the MFP and customize it or go along with it? I'm currently 135 and 5'4. By some miracle I would like to fit into a bathing suite before August rolls around.
    Go to fat2fitradio.com and find your bmr and tdee (have to put your current weight as your goal to see your current tdee). As a general rule, eat above your bmr, which I'm gonna guess to be at least 1350.
  • pinkreena711
    pinkreena711 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have like 40 to lose....and i've barely lost 5 since january first. i think because i've lost and gained the weight so many times, it gets harder and HARDER every time. IT SUCKS. i cannot get out of the 170s to save my life. and i have sooo long to go. it makes me cranky.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Count me in. I'm now down to the low end of the spectrum. With food changes I've made, I hope to stay in that low end. It's nice fitting into clothing I couldn't, just two months ago.

I usually sound an alarm at 170... and that's where I was at. It was time to do something about it.
  • harpercutie
    harpercutie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i understand completely! my goal was to lose 25 pounds and i have currently lost about 16. but ive been plateaued at my current weight for what feels like eternity(129lbs). i have stopped weighing myself everyday though for many reasons. 1) because i was becoming obsessed with it- if i didnt go down my whole day started off depressing. and 2) because you cant count on weight. muscle weighs more than fat.
    SO that being said, im taking my measurements and am just tryingt o increase my activity level. its almost the summertime for me which means for time to actually workout! woohoo!
    so my advice
    1) eat healthy( limit bad carbs as well)
    2) increase activity(try a mix of cardio with strength training)
    3) continue your caloric intake(dont increase by too much just because you are working out..but do NOT starve yourself..that is bad)

i am in the middle of doing 30 day shred by jullian michaels, and i look more tone- i recommend it :)
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i still have 29 more pounds to go ... but what sucks more is that i have always been lossing weight so slowly that i feel like going crazy sometimes :( but here iam standing strong .. i was on a plateau for almost 2 months i was stuck on the 160's for ever.. now im out and im scared to go back to it ... ....
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Im right here with ya'll! :wink:

According to fat2fitradio.com, I had about 13 pounds to go to get to 21% BF, but after having a true body composition done, I found out I really only have 5 pounds to get to 21%... so That makes her feel better!

So I guess I am down to the last 5, and honestly would be happy for more BUT as we all know, they ARE HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE AND WONT LEAVE FOR NOTHING!!!
  • Nurse_Jessica13
    Options
    Absolutely!!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Yeah the last little bit will be the hardest for sure.

Ive lost 15 so far.. Not even really sure what my goal will be in the end... It will probably change as I get closer.

I have been lifting for a couple of months now, have done only a little bit of cardio. Im going to increase this to help with the shred of the fat and to just be generally fitter.

Maybe you should change up what you have been doing... if you do just running you should def incorporate some resistance training into your your workouts.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    i've lost 32 lbs. and have had a heck of a time trying to lose the last 15 to reach my goal weight. i'm not really obsessed with the scale, at this point i really just want to lose body fat, especially in the dreaded midsection.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    20 pounds to goal. Haven't pressed on the brakes yet. When do you switch to 1/2 lb per week goal?
  • BarbaraK08
    BarbaraK08 Posts: 13
    Options
    I hate trying to lose the last few pounds... I want to lose 15 more at the most but once I feel good about how I look in the mirror I'll probably stop dieting and start maintaining, it's just frustrating trying to get to that point. :/ Also I'm always looking for new friends and encouragement so if anyone wants to feel free to add me! :D
  • prernashr
    prernashr Posts: 6
    Options
    my goal is to loose 30lbs..lets see in how much time...
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i have 14lbs to lose to initial goal then when im there im going to see if i should lose another 5-10lbs
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!