For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i want to lose another 15-20 lbs, so I will be doing P90x AGAIN, hopefully that will help some.
  • himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all. Lost the first 8-9 pounds quick enough and then have been stuck on this plateau for over 7 months! I want to lose 30 pounds, but would be happy enough to lose 20. With the way its going, right now, even half a pound seems pretty darn good!
    If I set my goals to lose 1/2 a pound a week, I only get like 1300 calories..and thats like starving, I only do basic exercises, so an extra 200 calories doesn't do much more me! :(
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    It's a ***** aint it :grumble:

I always get larger people boast about loosing all the weight really quickly (such as my mum),
    I'm happy for them and everything but it does kinda fall off at that point.

Does get hard when you're at a lower weight.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh thank god! Me too. 30 to lose, 10 gone in 2 months. Now just plateauing...still not quite were I like myself yet either. Another 5-7lbs and at least I would feel like I look good....argh!
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oh Yea! 8 or 9 would be ideal then just lots of toning! I am going to make this happen!!!!
  • kfitzs
    kfitzs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ive got exactly 30 to go but im not sure if i can get to my goal weight I havnt been that low since i became an adult
  • Katy285
    Katy285 Posts: 18
    Options
    I see that alot of females' breasts are dissappearing with the weight loss lol
    Glad to know im not alone
  • MoonMeliMelo
    Options
    Yep, I'm there too. I have been trying to get rid of these love handles and THAT big bum for years!!!
  • Miss_E_
    Miss_E_ Posts: 45
    Options
    Yep, want to lose around 15 - 20lbs, gym sessions 4 days a week doing cardio and weights, zumba once a week and just started 30DS today to see if that makes a difference, feel like im working out all the time and worried that the gym will start charging me rent! :laugh:
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 15lbs, however, my fitness pal gives me a daily calorie goal of 1470 and that seems high to me. Usually I hear people recommend 1200 calories a day, I think I even heard Jillian Michaels state that, so should I ignore the advice on the MFP and customize it or go along with it? I'm currently 135 and 5'4. By some miracle I would like to fit into a bathing suite before August rolls around.
    Go to fat2fitradio.com and find your bmr and tdee (have to put your current weight as your goal to see your current tdee). As a general rule, eat above your bmr, which I'm gonna guess to be at least 1350.

Your mention of fat2fitradio.com made me go back and re-evaluate. There is no way my metabolism will work with eat more to weigh less so I really need to know my body fat % :noway: This will help me stick with measuring and get rid of my obsession with the morning weigh-in, AND help me make sure my intake is good. I also realized that I had set myself to light active because I was exercising, then I would enter the exercise, but I was more sedentary in between SO those numbers have been a bit off. Hopefully a tweek here and there along with a change in exercise routine will get things moving again. I'm going to put a sign on my scale that says NO TOUCH!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm working on about the last 8. With weight training and my own natural fluctuations, I rarely see changes on the scale, so I hardly weigh...maybe maybe every 3-4 weeks out of curiosity. I'm taking monthly measurements and will have another body fat analysis done in a month or so...because that's what I care about. Photos are helpful, too, for seeing progress. Keep on keepin on!!
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    I have about 20 pounds to lose, nt shiftin anytime soon lol :(
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 5-10 more pounds...the first few pounds came off a lot easier... Now I am finding that I have to work a lot harder! lol :) It is worth it though.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    me! i started off with 30lb to lose and have lost 10. the last 20lb are clinging on for dear life despite loads of exercise and calorie deficits. aah! im trying to be patient and its good to know im not alone in this. ;-)
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose about another 12lb or so. But I want my body to look and feel better which is why I'm doing 30 Day Shred! :happy:
  • wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    I've just hit my half way mark, I feel great for making it but another 9kg to lose seems so far away and have to keep telling myself I have the strength to do it!
  • wojewok
    wojewok Posts: 38
    Options
    p.s. Looking for some friends to keep me on track so please add me if you have similar amount to lose and want come company!
  • elizabethanne102010
    Options
    if your stuck on a plateau, go to the vitamin store! get a detox kit! its like 10 days worth of pills! they cleanse your body. not gonna lie, your're going to poop alot and get some flue like symptoms. but thats good! thats your body cleaning itself! it will get rid of all the toxins that have built up and gotten blocked up in your liver and intestines. you'lll gain lots more energy, be alot less tired, alot more drive, and you'll feel amazing! like a whole new person! And you'll lose a few pounds during the process too! best thing to do when you're stuck at a plateau! Or, you can also detox natrually. with raw veg and stuff. google it. Good Luck!
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've got 12 till goal weight, and 19 till ultimate goal weight. I simply can't lose weight, I keep fluctuating 1-3 pounds up and back to 154. I'm getting so frustrated.
  • amyliz0226
    amyliz0226 Posts: 37
    Options
    6 down, 21 to go. Those last 10 lbs are so hard to lose! You DO have to fight hard for every ounce!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!