For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 17-20lbs and its is much harder than when I first started. I feel like I have to count every calorie work my tail off. It's taking forever this time around. Trying to stay patient- but some days are TOUGH!

Good luck everyone
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you... gained while at school, now trying to slim back down. Was 137 at my heaviest, used to be 120 or less. I've been losing a lot of it, but that's with insane exercise and a strict diet.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    SW: 137.5
    CW: 129.8
    GW: 105

Total remaining to lose is 24.8 pounds!

It really is tough. I work out at the Gym 6 days a week for 60 minutes and it's definitely coming off slow! Good luck to everyone.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am currently 147, and have been that weight for 4 months now - I have another 18-20 pounds left to go.
    I am a very short woman, only 4'11.5 but even at 147 I am a size 8, so for me I think 18-20 more pounds would be a good weight as I am not a small frame and I am 44. So for us shorties, it does tend to take a little longer(or at least thats how it feels)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe I fall into this category now! Holy sheet!
  • MzWilliams84
    Options
    Im in the club with you and have found loosing any more weight a challenge and then some!! Im trying to just push through and do what I can.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    believe me running a marathon will not help with losing the pounds :( ran 2 half marathon and all I did was gain weight afterward. still have 10 bs to lose and I have not lost an ounce since September.:grumble:

Running a marathon is a goal of mine..but not to lose weight. I am donig it with a dear friend and is an experience I want to look back on one day. I'm not doing it just to loose weight. I also weight train, hike a lot, and keep active in other ways. The weight IS coming off...but 1/2 a pound...1 pound...even when I'm super active and eating very very clean. I guess that's just the way it goes.

It's hard when you see weight loss shows where people lose 25 pounds in a week!....and I think "oh god...if ONLY!" I do realize that people that can do that are often morbidly obese..and I know WHY this happens...but it's still frustrating!

I know what you mean. I have about 25 pounds to go (and I'm very tall). It seems like with doing weights and cardio and keeping my diet as clean as possible I only lose 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week, and even then it fluctuates.

It IS hard not to be discouraged when you see others losing more and faster, but you just have to hang in there. We'll get there eventually!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Me! I found gradually upping my calories really helped. I lost 5 pounds in 3 months at 1340 calories, and then 10 more over the last 2.5 months eating 1650-1800.
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a member of this club! I need to lose 15 pounds and it has been extremely frustrating! I keep plugging along....I know I'll get there!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have 25 more to lose. I've lost 14 or so at a pretty steady, normal pace, and I haven't noticed a stall or anything, so I'm hoping it doesn't happen :)
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me too, I have 12lbs to go, it just cant seem to stay under 150 unless I am starving, and its just not worth it. I started doing New Rules of Lifting for Women, and in the past six weeks, I have not lost a single pound on the scale but I lost 1% body fat and a total of 2inches, so I guess at this point (even though I really want the scale to say 140, which I might just have to get over) I will be happy if I keep losing inches and body fat and the scale stays the same, I would rather weight more then what I look then vise versa right?
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I literally have 1 pounds to "goal".. but then I'll just set a new goal. My body knows this and it keeps teetering across the same 4 pounds, up, down, up down...

:grumble:
  • Bluskado
    Bluskado Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I am in this boat. I keep getting stuck at 152 because life keeps interrupting but I am super determined to lose those 20 pounds by my birthday! :glasses: My birthday is at the end of September. This would probably be easier if I still had a job I could walk to but now I have to drive to my new job which is 30 mins there and 30 mins back.

But I know what my real problem is: the snooze button lol. :laugh: I have to get it together and work out before work.
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been in this club since the start and since I really cant work out like i want its really hard! Evertime its time to measure myself I cry! Aka, today! but I'm not giving up, i've seen the difference and I'm gonna keep goin'!!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    raises hand
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    15 lbs to go. i'm still losing at a regular pace, but i know once i'm in the 140s my weight will move slow.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Im in this club. After the first 10 lbs lost it gets way harder because you basically plateau unless you work your @$#$ off. Everyone can do it, its just a matter of time and effort!!!

Lets go people hahah
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    ditto! it took me almost 5 months to lose 30 pounds....although I'd like to lose another 20 and be at 140 it is going reaaaallly slow now :/

This is exactly me as well.
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    Me! Uuugh. I lost my first 15 pounds in two months. now I've been stuck on my last 15 pounds for way longer. I wish it were easier, but I know it's going to be worth it in the end. Justwi****wouldhurryupalready!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!