For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• TXGaToRgiRl88
    Options
    Oh I am SO in the group with y'all. I started out at 135 and all I wanted to weigh was 125. It's so hard to get there. I stay steady between 127-129. I just cant seem to break it. Ugh. I know how y'all feel
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    I'm with you, too! I've been struggling w/ the same 10 -15 lbs for years and I'm only 5 ft tall, so it looks more like 20 -30 lbs on me. ugh. I decided to do it once and for all this year. It's my bday gift to myself & I'm ready & committed to be in my fittest, strongest & healthiest body!

Today is day 3 (eek) & I'm feeling pretty good! I opened up a profile in January, but didn't start til last weekend. I must say that I don't get much support from the ppl in my life because it's not a lot of weight to loose (in general), but it is to me & it bugs me. So, I'm not relying on the ppl around me, just me & MFP! I've never joined a group like this before & I'm committed!

Congratulations on losing 10 lbs! Can you tell me how to have the weight ticker show up under your comments?
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm in my old jeans that I saved and haven't worn since I was 18 ill b 22 in 2months ;) I wanto be 130 that's my new goal but I'm up and down from 145 - 158 so I need to loose atleast 15 - 20 more pounds to feel satisfied! Its so hard! But I came from 189 to where I am now so I know its possible! IF I CAN DO IT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN TO!
  • suzieq437
    suzieq437 Posts: 2
    Options
    Eat less, move more...every time I don't do both in a day I stay at a stand-still. If only someone told me my metabolism would slow to a crawl, I would've eaten less chip during my "I don't care" years. Menopause over, gratefully, now to shed those infamous last 10 lbs.! Keep on keeping on all...we'll get there. While I've dropped back to a size 12 from the 14, I'd be in heaven if I could fit back into my 10s! Go Team Go!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I don't need to lose any weight, but I wouldn't mind dropping 5 to 8 pounds. I have to recover from an injury first.
  • Drevious
    Drevious Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes! I totally feel you!

Have you been running long? I've been running since high school and now I'm finding that it doesn't work that well anymore. I can run every day for a month and not loose a pound. My body is too used to that kind of exercise. I'm trying new things like playing tennis, Bikram yoga, and paddle surfing to loose the 10 pounds I gained in grad school (sitting on my *kitten* and snacking on goldfish crackers!)
  • mamaskully
    mamaskully Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes and it's very hard doing what you know you should and literally nothing happens. Being almost 64 doesn't help either!
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Meeeee. Flirted with 20-30 lbs to lose for 6 years. down to about 15-19 lbs to go now but they seem to be the MOST stubborn!!
  • breakingxground
    breakingxground Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 lbs, and now 10 lbs has crept back on. These 10 lbs are harder to lose than the 70 lol.
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    Can you tell me how to have the weight ticker show up under your comments?

Message Boards > Settings > check that little box and save your settings. =]
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    So feel everyone's pain! I started with a goal of 30, and hit that in 5 months..and then put back on 10. Reset for a 20 pound loss, but my body seems to like the weight that I am currently at, because no matter what I do, I stay within 3 pounds of 210.

Now, 210 is fine. I'm a 6'5" guy, so my BMI is under 25 now, but I'd be happy to keep it under 200. I'm not quitting yet!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Moi... gets tough.
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    UGH I am in! Only 6 lbs left who knew it would be this hard ?!?! And its ALL in my STOMACH! Grrrrrr .....
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    i need to lose like 40 pounds so that i can weigh 100 pounds! it's so hard for me to lose weight
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    Same....last 20 or so, up, down, up, down....

sigh...same here hovering around 20 to go...today it fluctuated a bit upwards :(
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm down to about 6, I think... At least for my original goal. We'll see once I get there. But it's taken me almost 5 months (From January 18th till now) to lose the 19.4 I'm finally down. It's a slow process, but if it helps me keep it off, I'm all for it.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    It's SO HARD to lose those pounds! You're not very big..so your body needs less calories to exist...which means your deficets(sp?) are small, even on low calorie diet. I feel like I run a marathon (or more) for each pound lost! Patience patience patience..and work work work!!!

Haha. Anyone else in the 10-30 club?

yes..me. I'm destined never to lose those last few lbs :-(
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    took me 5.5months to lose 56lbs now im stuck with the last 12lbs i orignally had a goal with...so stubborn fat wont come off. i like my weight here as well but really need toning. any ideas?
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    *sighs and raises my hand* I'm hoping to not be in this group by the end of the year. I want to be happy with my body and weigh my body's natural weight. So....I only have about 7-10lbs to lose. OH MAN, is it hard. It's hard because I went back n forth from being restrictive to binging, to now trying to align with my body's natural hunger signals and just be normal again. It's a learning process. Best of luck to all and feel free to add me. I log in every day even if I don't log my food and exercise.
  • continentaldivide
    continentaldivide Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've lost between 25-30 in the last two years, 10 of these since joining MFP in Feb. Have 12-15 to go. I keep bouncing around in a 3 lb range. I find the report that shows my progress over 30-90 days is encouraging. I'm giving myself till the end of the year to get to goal, so that I'm not being unrealistic. In general, lose 3 lbs a month, although the last few weeks have been tough. Friends can really see a difference and offer compliments, which I appreciate but am working on not letting it get to my head so I don't backslide.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!