For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Honestly I will be more proud of the last 15-20 lbs then I am of the first 150.

*Edit - I said prouder. Doh!
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    Honestly I will be prouder of the last 15-20 lbs then I am of the first 150.
    lol i think it's much harder to lose the last few pounds then it is for you to lose the first ones but for me it's the other way around :( i am having trouble losing weight but i lost 3 pounds this week so i am satisfied! :)
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I started this whole process in OCTOBER 2011!! I have been trying to lose 11.8 lbs and it has been sooooo slow! I only have 1.8 lbs left until I get to my goal and I'm just praying to get it off before OCTOBER 2012! Really!! I can't believe how long it has taken me. So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not giving up, I'm sticking to it!
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 25 more lbs! First 10 came off in a month and now I am stuck.

That's how I am....I have been trying for months now. I guess we have to try harder and longer?
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    how do you post questions on here and stuff???
  • nikg9
    nikg9 Posts: 7
    Options
    def in this boat! i need to lose the 10 lbs i gained after my wedding which was March 2011. I get frustrated because although I know I have eating habits to work on, I don't feel like I have done anything different than what I used to and not sure if being over 30 is a good excuse! I love working out and have been doing more than just cardio these days. Maybe I have built some muscle but I would like to see the scale move. I would love to lose at least 15 lbs!
  • 2labbydogs
    2labbydogs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bittersweet for sure. Glad I don't have much to lose and feel like it takes twice as much to lose 1 pound as it does for some to lose 2 or 3! And many people say, "You don't need to lose weight!" For me, it's all about toning and trying not to look my age and feeling good in my clothes. There's that added bonus of better quality of life at a proper weight as well. Good luck meeting your goal!
  • 2labbydogs
    2labbydogs Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Your last sentence says it all - hang in there!!
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    Honestly I will be more proud of the last 15-20 lbs then I am of the first 150.

*Edit - I said prouder. Doh!
    How did you lose so much weight? how long did it take you?
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Same here... I'm on my last 10 lbs till my goal weight. It took 3.5 years to lose 45 lbs and now I feel so stuck with these last 10!
  • dharakrat
    dharakrat Posts: 23
    Options
    This is me! I started off at 184 got down to 173 in 2 months. My goal is to be 150-160 and have about 23 to go and it is not coming off. I have tried everything. Finally decided to not bother with the scale and just focus on fitness. It is so frustrating though.
  • Joeyje3
    Joeyje3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose 15-20 lbs for years. slowly it creeped up. Now I need to lose 30 lbs..
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yup 10-12lbs to go. And it is a very slow process. Its very frustrating. Your not alone.
  • crankedtoeleven
    Options
    I have 2 pounds to go for my last goal & it's driving me nuts! I actually reached my goal weight a while ago & decided 'hey, why not try for 5 more!' I'm toning up & feeling much more muscular now.... and will continue to tone. If the 2 pounds comes up great!
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    {echoing the same}

I have 10 pounds to lost to GW, 15 to UGW. I have been eating more plus I have been doing New Rules of Lifting for Women. It has helped - losing more inches and gaining muscles which is very important to me.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • ashivnc
    ashivnc Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is me. I have 15 to lose. I'd be happy with at least 10. It's arduous!
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ya, i'm stuck at 200. I have 15 to 20 lbs to go for my GW. i'm training for my marathon so I think I'll lose it, but injuries keep sidelining me. =-)
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    Currently at my first goal of thirty pounds loss. After June my goal is to lose twenty more this year which will probably not happen unless I change my rate of how I'm losing. I truly like the rate that I'm on now and love that it's coming off slowing but surely. And yes, this period of the journey is bitter but sweet.:flowerforyou:
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 to go. Been upping my cals from 1000 to 1700 for the last few months. Hoping this fat starts dropping off me soon. Been really hard to stay patient while working my butt off. But still hangin in there. Yay all of us for not giving up!!!!! Must keep going, must keep going....
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I have 15 lbs to my original goal weight.So far I have lost 1.1 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I know that I am toning and my BF% is dropping while I gain muscle (getting it measured). It is just sometimes hard to convince yourself not to judge by the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!