For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• Maureenf418
    Maureenf418 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i lost ten...trying to lose the 5-7 for a month now!! im getting so frustrated!
  • alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm with you - I wanted to lose 20 and am stuck at 10...... and have to work HARD to do every pound. I think being in my 40's isn't helping much, and I wonder if a lack of sleep is a problem as well - I usually only get about 6 hours a night.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I've got 10-15lbs to lose ugh it's hard!
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm down 20 and have 20 left to lose to reach my GOAL. I would be happy losing another 10... my motivation is lacking. Any advice for the long haul?
  • SLally
    SLally Posts: 33
    Options
    My weight fluctuates A LOT its ridiculous. My goal is to lose 15 total, as of this evening havent lost any...im telling myself ive gained muscle....

I would appreciate any friends for motivation and tips and anything! Thanks guys!
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    I heard a great podcast on iTunes about overcoming plateaus that was great. It's on the Fat 2 Fit podcasts. I dont' remember the # of the show, but you can read through the show descriptions to find it. It sounded much less painful than you'd think to break through it!

Keep going ladies!
  • RCtransformed
    Options
    Right with you. Keep going. You'll eventually get there. You can take a break if you need to and just eat at your maintenance #'s for the weight you are now for a couple of weeks, then come back strong. Also, I heard that you body slows down once it figures out that it's been slowly losing weight over a few months, and that the way to trick it to not freak out & slow you metabolism is to take a break for a couple of weeks so the #'s on the scale start moving down again once you get back w/ the program :D

Anyhoo, that's what I've learned so far on the Fat 2 Fit podcasts....
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    I have 20! Gah the weight is so stubborn!
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me - 15 to go.

It's hard - because you're not 'fat', and you don't look *too* bad, so it's easier to tell yourself that one take-out wont matter...
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Same here, have 10 to 12 pound to loose. People look at me and think im not that fat but for me i have some problem areas that I need to work on. I am just stuck it feels.:-(
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    yes-want to lose 20 more pounds. frustrating, but now I see I am not alone.
  • Changing2012
    Changing2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    These last ones really suck! I'm changing up my exercise routine, but it's hard to fit it all in!!! I hate the plateau....
  • SkinnyJess317
    SkinnyJess317 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's SO HARD to lose those pounds! You're not very big..so your body needs less calories to exist...which means your deficets(sp?) are small, even on low calorie diet. I feel like I run a marathon (or more) for each pound lost! Patience patience patience..and work work work!!!

Haha. Anyone else in the 10-30 club?

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Only having a smaller amount of weight to lose (25 is my goal) seems to make it that much more harder. I see everyone losing weight, nice amounts of weight every week. I'm lucky to see a 1/2 lbs difference every week! It's quite frustrating! But we'll all get there in due time!
  • hannahchiarella
    hannahchiarella Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same! I have 29llbs i want to lose and for every 4llbs i just seem to put 3llbs back on...... Im not giving up though and know it can be done...its just harder work! I have to get into the habit of knowing that i cant even have one treat day because if i do i'll never get anywhere!
  • scott_lester
    scott_lester Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ir right there in this group, Im not big by any means. At my heaviest I was 203 lbs @ 5'-8". In the past 5 weeks I have lost 7 lbs and post numbers each week of 1-2.5 lbs at our corporate Biggest Loser Challenge at the local gym (other companies are competing against us). Its so hard, most of my extra weight is in my tummy and back (midsection) and thats about it.
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do too. It's a long slow process but you might as well enjoy it!
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Me! I love seeing these huge success stories, but I'd love to see and hear more about the 10-30 lbs that people have to loose!
  • losingthehealthyway
    Options
    Me! I love seeing these huge success stories, but I'd love to see and hear more about the 10-30 lbs that people have to loose!
    ^ This!

I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds, and unfortunately it's going to have to come off in small increments. My weight loss goal is 3 pounds every month for seven months. Until then, I'm trying to focus on changing my eating habits permanently.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep. Right in the middle of this one.

3lbs until I can fit in almost all of my clothes.
    13lbs until I can call myself thin.
    23lbs until I'm SKINNY.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yep, on the high side. 25 pounds ideally was my start goal. The first bit melted but getting to what I really desired feels much more difficult. Climbing... uphill.... in a snowstorm....with no shoes... ok, that is a bit dramatic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!