For those of us with only 10-30 pounds to lose....

Options

Replies

• katjo10
    katjo10 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am still in the early stages of my journey. I started March 28th 2012. The weight was just coming off at a good steady pace & then all of a sudden it took me 3 weeks to get 1 lb off. I did change up my food & uped my calorie intake & I started loosing again (actually started loosing faster). I think the key is to change your calories & workout pattern from time to time to get your body to start taking off the weight again. I agree with many others comments, we have to out smart our bodies. Good Luck.
  • SJByrne140
    Options
    Am right there with the rest of you!!!

Ive been carrying around 50 extra pounds for over a decade. Started this program 30 days ago and have lost 5 lbs. Have another 30 to go and its soooo slow. I dont eat bad. I have been exercising more than ever...Just gonna take patience and that is something i have NOTHING of!!!

Always looking for pals to keep the information flowing and the motivation in high gear!!! =)
  • amj3303
    amj3303 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    MEEEE!!!! I have about 7-12 more pounds to go and its driving me absolutely nuts!!! Seems the only time I can get weight off anymore is when I have a stomach bug which is rare like once a year rare :/. I have been at this same plateau for over a month after managing to lose 3-5lbs (depending on the day) and before then I was stuck for 14months!!

ME TOOOOOO I have 9-12 more lbs to lose and I am literally going NUTS over here.. I AM SOO MAD!! UGH!! glad to know others are in the asme boat as me...

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    yeah, thats cause this is the part where you really gotta drop the cardio :(
  • campjodie
    campjodie Posts: 16 Member
    Options

This is me too! Finally getting into my good jeans that I haven't worn in 2 years, but my boobs are disappearing! :( I also have about 12 lbs to go.

That is what padded bras are for!!!! Lol
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am losing so SO slowly. I'm trying hard not to get discouraged, but I really want to see that number on the scale go down... even if I am losing inches, I'm still not in a healthy BMI til I reach that golden number.

Patience is the key.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have about 25 more to go...TAKING FOREVER!!!! So I totally feel your pain!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I might like to lose 10 more but seriously, it's a painful process. LOL I'm upping my workouts per day and slowly cutting out dumb foods (like my tostido chips I lost yesterday) .... a few more will be out soon the occassional crutons, skinny cow ice cream....

the last 10 pounds will suck the life out of me! and probably take another year. geezus.

:(

edited b/c I do not know if it's tostido or tostito --- wtf I don't have a bag to look at anymore.
  • Chellebell10
    Options
    I want to lose about 25-30 pounds. I find it difficult when people around you lose weight so fast, although I know because they have a little more to lose. But still, it's hard!
  • nellybutler
    Options
    I agree it's a bit of a nightmare,it has taken me 5 months to lose 12lbs and at the moment i have been stuck for about 3 weeks:(.
  • RahmaB823
    RahmaB823 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im with yall! i have 12lbs get my pre pregger weight then 25 be back pre wedding weight

I have 4lbs to go to get to my pre pregger weight with my second child. I have 14lbs to get to my pre pregger weight with my first child. I have 25lbs to get to my pre wedding weight as well. Kudos to you!
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Me too! The first 25 came off fairly "easy" these last 25 are driving me NUTS!!! Scale doesn't seem to budge, no matter what I do or don't do. So discouraging, but I refuse to give up like I have so many times in the past.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    totally!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have 20 more to lose. I find it's getting harder and since I've come so far, I notice that I am not as strict as I was in the beginning. I'm trying to put myself back on track though.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have about 12 lbs to lose...although, I like where my weight is now...I think it is more that I want to tone the butt and thighs! I am afraid if I lose much more weight, I won't have any boobies left! :frown:

This is how I feel too. I have 9 pounds to go to finally reach that goal weight I set for myself 3 1/2 years ago LOL Can't understand why my boobies are so quick to get rid of the inches but my butt is like NO WAY WOMAN LOL
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You have to increase your muscle which probably means eating a little more and doing some weight training. Each pound of muscle burns an extra 50 calories per day just sitting there. If you gain 2 pounds of muscle, it will burn 10 pounds worth of calories over the course of a year. Cut calories too much and your body will get rid of its highest calorie burner....muscle.
  • red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is me - I'd love to lose 10 pounds, but would be happy with 7 at this point (and it's not that I'm fixated on a number on the scale - there's some definite tummy pudge I'd love to see gone). I'm starting to wonder if getting that lean will require sacrifices I'm just not willing to make - like I'm not willing to not ever go out to dinner with friends again.

I'm thinking I need to start shifting my focus from my weight and the way my body looks to what it can do. In the past few months I've started working with free weights on the "boy's side" of the gym and though I haven't lost weight, I love that weight lifting makes me feel strong. There was a really great article in Jezebel a few years ago about appreciating your body's ability rather than its appearance (http://jezebel.com/5689226/a-call-to-arms-and-abs-quads-calves-and-shoulders) and I think I'm going to try to move my goals in this direction.
  • lisahale
    lisahale Posts: 56
    Options
    I am with most of you too! I have 30 more lbs to lose and I feel the closer I get the harder it gets!! Good Luck to all of ya'll :))
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I think that I have 5 or 6 pounds left. Had a lot of trouble starting the weight loss (down about 8 pounds from when I started MFP, 11 pounds from my highest weight), but appear to be doing okay now. For me, the MFP way of doing things just does not work. TDEE-15% does, so that's what I'm staying with.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm in the club too. I've lost about 35 pounds so far, and would like to lose another 15, but it is a very slow process at this point. I know I need to kick things up a notch so I've started running for the first time in my life. I hope it does the trick!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!