Non-Scale Victories (NSV) - Care to share? Vol II

Options

Replies

• KDHILSON
    KDHILSON Posts: 13
    Options
    Simple to some, noticeable to me. One day not so long ago I noticed that I had to scoot to the edge of my seat and grab my car door to help me out of the car (low to the ground), I think because I was heavier than I have been since carrying my children. Yesterday, I noticed that I just got up. I opened the door and got out without thinking about it. I noticed that I didn't scoot and smiled secretly to myself and my little victory.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I noticed something strange today...I was changing out of my gym clothes and my eye spotted something on my lower back (in the mirror). Back dimples...! I don't recall ever seeing those in the past. Awesome. :blushing:
  • ChelleFeegan
    ChelleFeegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sounds daft but people are beginning to recognise me at the gym - I'm becoming a regular :)
  • FordGal40
    FordGal40 Posts: 58
    Options
    My NSV:

I went clothes shopping today and AE had a sale on jeans. I usually wear a 14, even if its a little snug. When I tried on the pair I was interested in, it buttoned & zipped with NOTHING hanging over the front, over the sides, and there wasn't that pouch in the front that's made where my underwear doesn't come up as high as the pants.
    Then, I went to try on a top at Target & I grabbed both a L & XL, after the pants discovery I wasn't sure, and the L fit so much nicer than the XL!

I was one happy girl shopping today! I shopped with confidence & that's unusual!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sounds daft but people are beginning to recognise me at the gym - I'm becoming a regular :)

That's not daft - I knew I had found the right gym when the group of powerlifters and strongmen not only welcomed me aboard, but gave me a nickname and ask if I'm not there on my regular schedule!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Went shopping this past weekend to a regular store, not a large ladies store, but a regular store. Clothes fit!!!
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    - hearing people say "you look good!" - best confidence booster, right there.
    - being able to try on clothes, not fretting so much about if they're going to be really snug/horrid-fitting
    - feeling confident enough to wear colored denim (purple skinnies... woo!)
    - running without a side-stitch and getting out of breath as easily
    - liking who's staring back at me from the mirror :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

^
    ^

Oh, definitely this ...... it's totally mind-boggling to me :laugh:
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had two!

Didn't get popcorn at the movies (First time in a LONG time) and put on a dress I bought five years ago.. Havent looked this good in it for about two years!
  • kirstiesharpe2209
    Options
    I went shopping today, and picked up a size 12 dress (uk) to challenge myself and motivate me to shrink more, thinking i wouldnt fit in it. i bought a size 10, the 12 was too baggy! WOOOOOOOOP
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Not finishing all of the food I pack for work :) i find myself eating a lot less without really thinking about it these days. i just notice that i'm full when before i could finish off a whole restaurant plate no problem. feels good!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    6 words

No more Spanx under skirts/dresses

This one's my favorite. My next favorite is I can get my hands around my neck.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    bump for later - love this and it's so easy to forgot that the scale isn't always kind!

x
  • Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nothing major, but my friend and I tried the Couch to 5K program for the first time yesterday and WOW! I was sweating like crazy by the time we finished, but I felt so proud because I couldn't remember the last time I actually jogged..and for fun at that!! Another big one for me is, I actually completed a workout without taking a break! :happy:
    And good job everyone else! Today I was kinda feeling like skipping my workout, but this gave me the motivation to do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm now able to wear Junior jeans & clothing instead of Plus-size jeans & clothing :smile:
  • BuzzyLizzy77
    BuzzyLizzy77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel slimmer, only slightly, mainly around my shoulders and chest, not really where I am desperate to lose it from but if its off its off! Work trousers were baggy today and commented on at work which is always nice
    :bigsmile:
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Tried on my 28 year old wedding dress this past Saturday...it was very loose! Told my husband and his first response was "of course, you are smaller now than the day we got married....and I am so proud of you!" Plus I purchased a pair of pants in a "single" digit!! They are still a bit tight through the thighs, but I am working on that!! Plus they were on clearance and I got them for $13!! Bought a new dress (or two) over the weekend...one is a medium...the other a small!!
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I noticed something strange today...I was changing out of my gym clothes and my eye spotted something on my lower back (in the mirror). Back dimples...! I don't recall ever seeing those in the past. Awesome. :blushing:

Awesome!! I really want back dimples, I am hoping they are hiding under there somewhere haha.

My NSV: I went to the grocery store and glanced up at the security camera screen as I walked in. I did a double-take when I realized that the girl in the black t-shirt with the tiny waist was ME! I didn't recognize myself! Felt amazing :D
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    I bought a pair of size 10 shorts from Eddie Bauer two years ago.. I can button and zip them.. I wore them out of the house on Sunday.. Still a wee tight.. BUT only to me.. My husband said I looked hot.. AND i bought a dress for Easter that I could Juuuust zip... and now it's way baggy in the hips and tummy. YEAH!!
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My NSV?

This morning when I woke up I was lying on my back I and I reached my hands down and was able to feel both hip bones!

My stomach is my final frontier, and lately I have been feeling progress when I could feel one hip bone if I rolled slightly to one side and let the bulge "ploop" to the other side. But today there was no plooping!

Sure there was giggly belly in the middle, but there on each side were hip bones!

**Sigh** it is the little things. And for all the obsessive scale-watchers out there (I am one of them) my numbers have not been moving!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!